Gaming Fortnite .

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
New game by epic studios, fort building, looting, cartoon zombie killing. Just wondering if anyone has this?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I've got it on ps4. It's filling a gap nicely for me until destiny 2.

Seen lots of people moaning (mostly validly) about how grindy it is and that the reward system isn't generous enough, but I'm yet to get to that point as, unlike a lot of the moaners, I haven't been playing it 18 hours a day for over a week!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Played this a few times since the release of Battle Royale and have to say that its a great alternative to pubg. A more chilled version, if I may, but really enjoyable. Its racking up great numbers, too. And, most importantly, its free.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Played this a few times since the release of Battle Royale and have to say that its a great alternative to pubg. A more chilled version, if I may, but really enjoyable. Its racking up great numbers, too. And, most importantly, its free.
I'm on this, you on ps4?

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I've had a few goes and mostly enjoyed it, just wish I knew what I was doing a bit more :D

Once I've parachuted out and found a gun I end up killing 5-10 people and end up getting surrounded by people in packs of 2-3 when I'm sure I'm picking the free for all type option.

It really could use a basic tutorial for numpties like me as it took me a good while to figure out how to switch weapons and I still end up trying to build walls by mistake when it's the worst possible time. Having to figure out on the fly how to use things is a bit tricky when there's 99 others out to blow you away, especially when you haven't played anything similiar since Mag on the PS3.

SteveTheRed

Downloaded this at the weekend for the Battle Royale park, great fun but i'm not great at it. Best I've come is 5th which I was quiet happy with but then you can get there without to much trouble. Is building really essential in this mode? or is that more a PVE thing?

stu_1992

Downloaded this at the weekend for the Battle Royale park, great fun but i'm not great at it. Best I've come is 5th which I was quiet happy with but then you can get there without to much trouble. Is building really essential in this mode? or is that more a PVE thing?
I wouldn't say it's essential, but it definitely is useful in some situations.

b82REZ

Played this for the first time last night. It's bloody brilliant. Me and a mate played with two randomers and it wasn't a complete clusterfeck. We usually lasted to the last 10 but one game me and the rest of my team died in the first minute. My mate survived on his own until then final 2 where he proceeded to fall from his vantage point, right in front of the last player who shotgunned his goolies off.

I genuinely can't wait to get home to play again.

Di Maria's angel

Played this for the first time last night. It's bloody brilliant. Me and a mate played with two randomers and it wasn't a complete clusterfeck. We usually lasted to the last 10 but one game me and the rest of my team died in the first minute. My mate survived on his own until then final 2 where he proceeded to fall from his vantage point, right in front of the last player who shotgunned his goolies off.

I genuinely can't wait to get home to play again.
It's a far smaller map than PUBG which means games are 10x quicker. This does also mean that it can a little more frustrating as you often find yourself dead within the first 30 seconds to 1 minute. Regardless, it's unique (building sense) and fun.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
This game is pretty fun actually... it's 10x better as a duo or in a squad but still fun alone.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I finished 2nd today

I was actually gutted, the last guy grenade launched me :(

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I see lots of caf members playing this. Such a fun game.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I really didn't like this game. The only good aspect was the building mechanic, there are better trap defense games and pubg shits on the battleground mode.

Stactix

Liking this so far, much harder to loot 'in peace' and more action packed. Also games are quicker, for a F2P game it's pretty damn good imo.
At least on the Xbox one, there's no noticeable lag compared to PUBG & no cheaters yet..

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Many people playing this? It's blown up in recent months and only getting bigger. I'm liking it a lot now, but it still has as few niggles mostly the poxy bloom and weapon drops being lowered (I mean, it's a fecking shooting game let us shoot!). But the content updates and the fixes they do are fast and constant, as long as they don't switch to ranking based matchmaking (have it separate if they must), I think it'll only get bigger.

Di Maria's angel

Yeah, love this game. Ended up uninstalling PUGB knowing that I was never going to play it again. Epic Games are brilliant in their maintenance of this game - a new update with a new in game feature every week keeps the game fresh and adds a lot of fun to the wacky experience.

On a side note, there's a youtuber who I subbed to a long time ago - Ninja - who had around 20k subs, at the time, now has over 3.5m. Fortnite has completely changed his life. It's insane to see.

@Redlambs I agree with the weapon drops. The worst feeling in this game is when you're killed with no weapon at hand.

Hephaestus

It's pretty fun. I agree about the weapon drops though, my favourite tactic is always to grab the first gun I could find and then just hide in a shack during the opening massacre and shooting anything that tried to open the door. My only issue is all the building stuff, it can be pretty demoralising when you get through to the top five and all your rivals are building giant fecking castles and you're just hiding in the bushes cos you don't understand what you're supposed to do. My problem though, not the games.

Redlambs

Yeah, love this game. Ended up uninstalling PUGB knowing that I was never going to play it again. Epic Games are brilliant in their maintenance of this game - a new update with a new in game feature every week keeps the game fresh and adds a lot of fun to the wacky experience.

On a side note, there's a youtuber who I subbed to a long time ago - Ninja - who had around 20k subs, at the time, now has over 3.5m. Fortnite has completely changed his life. It's insane to see.

@Redlambs I agree with the weapon drops. The worst feeling in this game is when you're killed with no weapon at hand.
Yeah I sub Dakotaz or MonsterDFace on prime twitch, Ninja has blown up something mad though. To be fair he deserves it, he's been at it for nearly 10 years.

Weapon drops and the shite bloom system need changing, I also don't like the method they used to nerf double pump (but agree nerf was needed), but all in all it's a cracking game. I'm not too great at it right now as I've barely played, but I killed 2 twitch streamers back to back in the castle in tilted towers earlier with purple tac headshots and I've hit a high 200's sniper, so I'm not too bad. I seem pretty quick at the building too, but often get killed because I spend too much time farming and not watching my back :lol:

It's pretty fun. I agree about the weapon drops though, my favourite tactic is always to grab the first gun I could find and then just hide in a shack during the opening massacre and shooting anything that tried to open the door. My only issue is all the building stuff, it can be pretty demoralising when you get through to the top five and all your rivals are building giant fecking castles and you're just hiding in the bushes cos you don't understand what you're supposed to do. My problem though, not the games.
Watch some videos, I recommend MonsterDFace's on youtube. There's loads of tactics now to take towers, end game has changed a lot in recent months because of it. Nothing beats taking a tower out from under them though ;)

Castia

I don’t like the arcade style shooting after playing PUBG but it’s a good game and seems to be getting to PUBG levels of popularity. My son plays it a lot and has the battle pass, I actually like the fact you can level up for new skins/rewards it’s much better than PUBG shit crate system.

Hephaestus

Yeah I sub Dakotaz or MonsterDFace on prime twitch, Ninja has blown up something mad though. To be fair he deserves it, he's been at it for nearly 10 years.

Weapon drops and the shite bloom system need changing, I also don't like the method they used to nerf double pump (but agree nerf was needed), but all in all it's a cracking game. I'm not too great at it right now as I've barely played, but I killed 2 twitch streamers back to back in the castle in tilted towers earlier with purple tac headshots and I've hit a high 200's sniper, so I'm not too bad. I seem pretty quick at the building too, but often get killed because I spend too much time farming and not watching my back :lol:

Watch some videos, I recommend MonsterDFace's on youtube. There's loads of tactics now to take towers, end game has changed a lot in recent months because of it. Nothing beats taking a tower out from under them though ;)
Cheers, I'll check them out.

Di Maria's angel

It's astonishing how often I will walk up to a duo or squad who have no idea I'm behind them. People are far too oblivious when it comes to this game. I'm always watching my back when moving.

I hated the double pump. Now you have the pump and tac, which is just as annoying.

cyberman

Played yesterday as solo in squads. Ran around for 20 minutes unable to find anybody or even hear gunfire. The player counter keeps going down so players must be dying!
I legit though I was glitched. Suddenly I see someone turning a corner and pop him in the head.
I won tbe game with that. It was ridiculous lol. I had no materials and only had green guns since I thought I was glitched I didn't bother to farm for anything. The player I killed was stacked.

Redlambs

I don’t like the arcade style shooting after playing PUBG but it’s a good game and seems to be getting to PUBG levels of popularity. My son plays it a lot and has the battle pass, I actually like the fact you can level up for new skins/rewards it’s much better than PUBG shit crate system.
I like that it's different, but I don't like how it's different if that makes any sense. I think there needs to be a middle ground, because full on realism just wouldn't suit it, but the current system is way too random due to how the bloom system works. When they go pro esports, I hope they just tweak it rather than all out change it though, because that's what started PubG's decline and would do the same to Fortnite.

Cheers, I'll check them out.
The best advice I can give is just don't panic and keep trying. Try to get into late game with lots of mats so you can build your own little tower and put pressure on. To be honest though, as a new player, forget about trying to get to end games and winning, this game is more about kills to be good, so you are best off working on the shooting side first. You get kills, you'll get the mats and weapons you need to survive at the end, it'll all come far more naturally that way.

It's astonishing how often I will walk up to a duo or squad who have no idea I'm behind them. People are far too oblivious when it comes to this game. I'm always watching my back when moving.

I hated the double pump. Now you have the pump and tac, which is just as annoying.
Yeah, I'm not a shotgun lover. In tilted maybe, purely because you have to, but I find it much more satisfying using the silenced pistol or deagle to get close kills.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Ninja's an arsehole!
I don't mind this game, but I really hate the whole concept of building on it.
That said, it plays so much smoother than PUBG.

In all honesty, can't wait for a big company to make one of these games

Hephaestus

The best advice I can give is just don't panic and keep trying. Try to get into late game with lots of mats so you can build your own little tower and put pressure on. To be honest though, as a new player, forget about trying to get to end games and winning, this game is more about kills to be good, so you are best off working on the shooting side first. You get kills, you'll get the mats and weapons you need to survive at the end, it'll all come far more naturally that way.
Yeah, I don't panic mostly because half the time they are so busy sniping each other from their towers that they don't notice me hiding until the map shrinks again and they're forced to move at which point I try to get them while they are distracted.

Marcelinho87

I love it, better than PUBG for me.

I also like the battle pass system, if you play it well you only ever have to buy it once and then just get the currency from doing well in the ranking system.

Anybody play on xbox?

@Igor Drefljak How do you mean a big company? Epic have made Unreal, Gears of War, Bulletstorm etc they are a big company.

If you mean the likes of EA/Activision then expect it to be a pile of turd behind a paywall.

Redlambs

Yeah, I don't panic mostly because half the time they are so busy sniping each other from their towers that they don't notice me hiding until the map shrinks again and they're forced to move at which point I try to get them while they are distracted.
Good man, stick at it.

Even when it gets infuriating. I've just rage quit because I hit a guy's shields for 33 with a burst, charged in and ramp rushed his little 1 by one, hit him 3 times up close with a pump, and the result? He still had some shields left and I die to a piece of shit tac. That random factor is soooo frustrating, it's like torture.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Love it, have been playing it regularly most nights with 3 mates and we're consistently in the last 10 on squads so it makes it even better.

Learning how to build quickly is very important, not just because building a castle is cool. but you really need the shield to stop people sniping you.
Best way to beat them is either run up behind them, build stairs all the way above them, then drop in with a shotgun and blast them; or use an rpg and take them out in 1 shot.

Failing that you can use the minigun to shoot away the lower level, or an RPG/grenade launcher to take the floor out quickly also.

Obviously it's easier said than done, if they're smart and build the base on the edge of the circle you've got no choice but to build your own base and wait until they have to move.

Best thing to get better at the game is play solo's / doubles and when you get into a fight build stairs infront of you for cover, get above them and it's much easier for a vantage point. If you can learn to put walls up while being shot it can save your life, but you have to think quickly.

Good luck!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I love it, better than PUBG for me.

I also like the battle pass system, if you play it well you only ever have to buy it once and then just get the currency from doing well in the ranking system.

Anybody play on xbox?

@Igor Drefljak How do you mean a big company? Epic have made Unreal, Gears of War, Bulletstorm etc they are a big company.

If you mean the likes of EA/Activision then expect it to be a pile of turd behind a paywall.
I should have rephrased it I guess.
Fortnite was never meant to be a battle royale game from what I read. It was a failed game attempt that they last minute changed to a battle royale game.
I probably didn't mean big company, rather than a more PUBG style battle royale, just made by a company that could do it right.
For all the bad rep EA get, the game itself would be decent

Redlambs

Another pubg clone isn't going to knock Fortnite of it's perch. The very reason fortnite is the king is because it's different.

Personally I'm a fan of the building, it makes for a much more varied and interesting game. I thought I'd hate it too tbh, but somehow I don't.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Never played Fortnite, but it does look like a lot of fun. MrBeast does some rather interesting things with random Fortnite streamers :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Another pubg clone isn't going to knock Fortnite of it's perch. The very reason fortnite is the king is because it's different.

Personally I'm a fan of the building, it makes for a much more varied and interesting game. I thought I'd hate it too tbh, but somehow I don't.
I was actually coming back in here just to say, what I said wasn't a criticism of fortnite, more PUBG if anything.
I just prefer the more realistic approach, something that PUBG is, just not done very well

Marcelinho87

I should have rephrased it I guess.
Fortnite was never meant to be a battle royale game from what I read. It was a failed game attempt that they last minute changed to a battle royale game.
I probably didn't mean big company, rather than a more PUBG style battle royale, just made by a company that could do it right.
For all the bad rep EA get, the game itself would be decent
SWBF2 wasn't decent, nor was NFS Payback.

I wouldn't trust em.