Gaming Fortnite .

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Cross progression is now live.. just logged onto the PC with my X1 character.
On PS4 I think we've had this since more or less day 1, at least for the PVE game. I play both on PS4 and PC. I'd like to be able to play with my PS4 friends while on PC though and I don't think that's possible yet.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
On PS4 I think we've had this since more or less day 1, at least for the PVE game. I play both on PS4 and PC. I'd like to be able to play with my PS4 friends while on PC though and I don't think that's possible yet.
You can. You send friend requests on your PC, then log in as them and accept, then when they log in on console you simply go to your friend lists and join their party.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It did the first time sonny, don't you lie now! ;)

You know the sad thing? I've always been a gamer and have played shooters for 20-odd years and through CS, through Halo and all that to the latest shite Cod, I've slayed and slayed hard. But one day I get cocky and I introduce my 9 and 7 year old sons to Fortnite and now they are outplaying me way too much, so I think feck that kids game I'm going to show them Pubg, and the eldest fecks me at it too. I'm done man, bejeysus.

And I too dream to be able to play either 8 hours a day and earn money from it!
Look at the immediate edit afterwards, before you replied but after you quoted. :p

:lol: It’s hideous, isn’t it? I have these memories of being a badass on just about any game that I picked up, and now I’m one step away from reading the instructions or going through the tutorial before playing it!

Nothing worse than seeing you’ve just been killed by some kid with the username Jake2008...

Redlambs

Look at the immediate edit afterwards, before you replied but after you quoted. :p
I replied before you edited it :lol: I thought it was strange you'd fall for it, though I guess you kinda did hence the edit right? Come on, you can tell me ;)

:lol: It’s hideous, isn’t it? I have these memories of being a badass on just about any game that I picked up, and now I’m one step away from reading the instructions or going through the tutorial before playing it!

Nothing worse than seeing you’ve just been killed by some kid with the username Jake2008...
Aww man. I'm blaming it on the whiskey drinking and need to be an adult and earn money and all the stress. Yeah totally, life gets you.

Damn though, even on Fortnite I can get 10+ kills but still get owned by blatant kids. It really does #feelsbadman

Wait, did I even hashtag right? I don't know any more :(

Marcelinho87

I think it is now, not sure how it works though but if you load it up on PC you will see in the top right corner it says something about matchmaking from the same platform.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
This game is absolutely massive with kids in my son’s primary school. Seems a bit mad that it’s free. How do the developers make their money?
Microtransactions. Cosmetic stuff and emotes.

Simbo

This game is absolutely massive with kids in my son’s primary school. Seems a bit mad that it’s free. How do the developers make their money?
There are cosmetic items available for player to buy ingame. It only needs a tiny fraction of the player base to make purchases for the company to make an absolute fortune, the player base is that large now.

Fortnite was originally conceived as a co-op PvE game where you could pay for early access so they've funded some of their development through that. The Battle Royale version of the game was something implemented on the side, for free, to bring more exposure to the main game. They had no idea it would become so popular and basically kill-off the original concept they've worked so hard on.

Redlambs

The microtransactions make sense. Purely cosmetic and there's something called a battle pass which really is worth the £8 or so for a couple of months at a time. They make a killing off of it, purely because they aren't trying to rip people off to unlock gameplay content that should already be there.

Plus there's loads of free stuff, constant updates and fixes and a hell of a lot of exposure on platforms like twitch and youtube. It really is amazing just how much this has blown up and will continue to do so.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You can, I did the same with my cousin. However whoever is playing on PC will have to add the PS4 person in squad and not vice versa. PS4 users can't do this.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
So, Ninja played with Drake last night and broke almost every Twitch record possible. Also, it's estimated he earns $650k a month from twitch subs, only!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
They've proven you don't need a pay-to-win model to make a F2P game work.

Redlambs

Why would anyone pay money for cosmetics and emotes? Also, what are cosmetics and emotes?
They are different character models and accesories and emotes are little dances and actions you can do, usually to annoy someone you've just killed. It's an awesome way to contribute towards a game you play loads, whilst not having it 'pay to win' thus a rip off.

Redlambs

Yeah but a PS4 player can't join a PC player's party.
Sorry dude, I didn't read the post you quoted properly.

To be honest, console players would generally get destroyed on PC servers (apart from the elite which hold their own fairly well), whilst the other way round is fairer for console gamers. In my experience anyway.

Di Maria's angel

Why would anyone pay money for cosmetics and emotes? Also, what are cosmetics and emotes?
Good point. I still ask myself that question. The game was free, so, truth be told, I felt like "supporting" Epic Games (developer) and purchased the battle pass.

Cosmetics are skins (change of character appearance) - there's a really cool Keanu Reeves skin you can attain once you hit level 100 and a bunch of other different ones.

Emotes are dances, little actions such as the dab and other salt inducing moves you can perform when you kill someone in the game.

You get other add one for your parachute (glider) and different trails when you jump out of the bus. It's all for fun, to be honest. I, normally baulk at the thought of microtransactions, however, since the game was free, it really didn't feel out of the ordinary to purchase the pass.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I downloaded this game just to try it out, as a change from pubg.
Found out my name was taken.... really?! Who the feck use a stupid name like this? Lol!

Castia

I actually like the battle pass system in this game. It gives you something to work for be it skins/dances a ton of other graphical items they offer without handing them out for free on the game store. It makes the latter level items that much rarer to get.

I've played so much PUBG that im terrible at this game.

Redlambs

Good point. I still ask myself that question. The game was free, so, truth be told, I felt like "supporting" Epic Games (developer) and purchased the battle pass.

Cosmetics are skins (change of character appearance) - there's a really cool Keanu Reeves skin you can attain once you hit level 100 and a bunch of other different ones.

Emotes are dances, little actions such as the dab and other salt inducing moves you can perform when you kill someone in the game.

You get other add one for your parachute (glider) and different trails when you jump out of the bus. It's all for fun, to be honest. I, normally baulk at the thought of microtransactions, however, since the game was free, it really didn't feel out of the ordinary to purchase the pass.
Pretty much this. My son has the battle pass and I have the twitch prime skins, purely because it just seemed fair to contribute to a game he plays all the time and loves and one I wish I had more time to play.

Considering I'd honestly pay full price for it for myself and my boys as a release, I think it's exceptional value as a game.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
It's a culture shock from pubg, but a seriously good change if pace once you get what it's about.
I usually prefer the more cartoonish games, but a bit sceptical to the bulding, it looks stupid.

Redlambs

I usually prefer the more cartoonish games, but a bit sceptical to the bulding, it looks stupid.
It's really not, not at all. It's a huge part of what makes this game so great and why it's taken off. It adds a true skill layer to the game and makes total sense if you play around with it for a bit.

It also stops the camping that makes so many online games boring these days, as although you can build your own base and hide for a bit, you can also easily invade bases and buildings making nowhere safe for long.

Castia

Anyone playing this?

I'm in practise mode getting ready for season 4 next month, ive only been playing a week or so.

It's hard after playing PUBG to get your head around but im getting there. Playing on PC and Xbox.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Downloaded this last night. It's free so thought i would give it a go. Haven't played it yet, but i'd be surprised if it does anything for me.

Just want to see what all the fuss is about.

Di Maria's angel

I find the game a little boring, now. As it's developed over the past few months, it feels like they keep moving away from the actual fighting aspect. I don't mind the building aspect and use it quite well, but I'd like a game type where they remove or limit resources.

Redlambs

I find the game a little boring, now. As it's developed over the past few months, it feels like they keep moving away from the actual fighting aspect. I don't mind the building aspect and use it quite well, but I'd like a game type where they remove or limit resources.
Are you finding loads of games with building battles? I'm finding the opposite lately on both Eu and Nae. Me and my boy won a game of duo vs squads earlier with 15 kills between us and I can't remember anything other than a few odd walls or ramp rush attempts. End game seems to have changed again too.

I think long term rather than mess with resources they should still focus on the shooting and loot mechanics. I'm really tired of the bloom, it's just not a good mechanic at all.

But yeah I'd welcome a limited time game type where they test shooting mechanics again, but limit the amount of resources you can carry too to something like 299 of each.

binary bot
I think it has so much potential, but the rate at which everyone plays the one map, it's gonna hit a wall soon.

Think I'd prefer it if they just took the year, release a standalone game, and hit us with shit loads of maps and game modes.

It still says early access though, is that there intention? I'm fed up with solo at this point.