Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'm not sure Frank is the right man for Everton at all now, BUT - and it has to be said - this is an absolutely gorgeous picture of him

Lightroom skills: Intern who found the color slider

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Nope.

Frank is rated higher than Ole in the country.

Plus Lampard has far better PR and image as a coach due to the legendary English player he was.

If you ask a Bottom Table team's fans they'll turn Ole down instantly. Even Arteta has a better image as a coach than Ole.

Probably unfair but it is what it is. All are actually managers of a similar level.
Weird I had no idea emotional fans appointed managers. Live and learn

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I like Frank, so at least we have a manager again that I respect as a person and an ex-player. Not fully sold on his management skills but time will tell. I think it might be reminscent of the Martinez era, one of our most likeable managers but probably not quite good enough. I hope I am wrong and he does well, good luck and save us!

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I like Frank, so at least we have a manager again that I respect as a person and an ex-player. Not fully sold on his management skills but time will tell. I think it might be reminscent of the Martinez era, one of our most likeable managers but probably not quite good enough. I hope I am wrong and he does well, good luck and save us!
I think at worst he'll steady the ship for a season or two so you can get over your FPP woes and what appears from the outside a bit of squad disharmony, maybe from there he can kick on and do the same sort of job Moyes did, maybe he'll improve with experience but for the next 18 months I think he's a decent appointment with little risk attached.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He's a Tory.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Likely XI under Lampard?
Pickford
Coleman? - Godfrey - Keane - Mykolenko
Allan?
Doucoure - Van de Beek
Richarlison - DCL - Gray​

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I hope so. I hope that's how it turns out for him minus the not quite good enough bit. I hope he's taken the experience at Chelsea for what it was, absorb the lessons from it and show himself to be a better manager at Everton. Its exciting to see him back managing again, and a club as huge as this.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Likely XI under Lampard?
Pickford
Coleman? - Godfrey - Keane - Mykolenko
Allan?
Doucoure - Van de Beek
Richarlison - DCL - Gray​
That's a pretty good team. No reason for them to be in the kind of trouble they're in. VDB is a very nice signing and adds a really nice balance to that midfield.

SirMattlives

Good luck to him, he seems a decent sort. But do we have to refer to the club as 'Frank Lampard's Everton' now?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's a Tory.
Cool. I know people that are Labour supporters but are complete arseholes. You can have shite political beliefs but still be a respectable person....just depends.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's a pretty good team. No reason for them to be in the kind of trouble they're in. VDB is a very nice signing and adds a really nice balance to that midfield.
I think the defence is a bit crap. Coleman has been past it for a bit and Keane is really average. The midfield and attack should do a lot better under Lampard than they were under Rafa, though.

DOTA

Cool. I know people that are Labour supporters but are complete arseholes. You can have shite political beliefs but still be a respectable person....just depends.
Each to their own on that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think the defence is a bit crap. Coleman has been past it for a bit and Keane is really average. The midfield and attack should do a lot better under Lampard than they were under Rafa, though.
Agreed, I' be surprised if the young RB isn't given a better chance and Branthwaite too. The fact that Lampard gave youth a chance at Chelsea makes me hopeful that he'll do the same for us.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This is the level he should've been coming in at in the PL. You'd hope he gets a pass on the Chelsea stint and can live away from that cloud - but it's 2022 and everyone is a tw@t.

I think this is the job where you determine if he's fit for it or not.

I think their first team is better than their league position for sure so it'll be interesting to see if he can get more out of them than FSW did.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair I was mostly looking at the midfield and attack but you're right, the backline needs work. Keane and the new LB are decent pieces to build upon though.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks like Frank is going to take Dele off our hands AND give us money for him. Fantastic! Wish the lad well but my goodness he has been awful for 3 years and his career has totally fallen flat. Hope he can get sorted out and get going again but to be honest I'll be glad to see the back of him though he was absolutely brilliant for us for those first few seasons.

DOTA

Doesn’t make him a bad person. I’d guess most premier league footballers would vote Tory for tax reasons.
I don't doubt it but they don't all publicly state their support of the Conservative Party.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Looks like Frank is going to take Dele off our hands AND give us money for him. Fantastic! Wish the lad well but my goodness he has been awful for 3 years and his career has totally fallen flat. Hope he can get sorted out and get going again but to be honest I'll be glad to see the back of him though he was absolutely brilliant for us for those first few seasons.
It is an interesting move. His best position for me is as a 2nd striker which is Richarlisons best position, so it either means Lampard wants to play a 3 at the back formation with no wingers or he wants to play Richarlison out wide.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ali , Donny, Doucoure, Gomez, Allen, Gordon, Delph for 3 positions.

Poor Donny is going to be benched again. Isn't it?

izec

Should have gone to Palace. But then again, if he cant start for Everton, he has no business starting for us. He will get his games at Everton, just needs to make the most out of it.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Dele confirmed now apparently which you'd assume might scupper VdB
VDB is pretty much done deal. Although it could scupper his chances for automatic starter which lets face it would be rather funny

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

No. Allan and Doucoure should be starters but I imagine Dele/VDB would be rotatated. Gordon doesn't play CM, Gomes is meh and Delph is shite.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Judging by his transfer targets, I'm not sure if Lampard has the best ideas on how to build a squad or what players he needs. Van de Beek and Dele Alli doesn't make sense from a squad building perspective for them IMO.

Conversely, Gerrard with Villa has made some very good signings and his selections make sense. Half the job is just picking a lineup that makes sense and playing your best players in a way that makes sense.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Judging by his transfer targets, I'm not sure if Lampard has the best ideas on how to build a squad or what players he needs. Van de Beek and Dele Alli doesn't make sense from a squad building perspective for them IMO.
It does to me. We have hardly any goals/creativity from midfield and he's had a day or two to make them. Gerrard has had 3 months.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Allan Doucoure
VDB
Richarlison DCL Alli​