Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It does to me. We have hardly any goals/creativity from midfield and he's had a day or two to make them. Gerrard has had 3 months.
Yeah not sure how much creativity Van de Beek or Alli will add to you tbh. Both are essentially the same player, a guy who at his best, provides off the ball movement and some composure to play a simple but right pass, or provide a finish. Neither are guys who are gonna get on the ball and try to dictate play, neither are going to dominate touches on the ball, neither are going to play some great creative passes or generally provide that much in the way of creativity. They're like the middle men after the creative play and before the finish, which a lot of times can easily be made redundant in the first place. Especially having 2 of them.

Would love Van de Beek to show he can be something more, so we'll see. Not too hopeful on it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah not sure how much creativity Van de Beek or Alli will add to you tbh. Both are essentially the same player, a guy who at his best, provides off the ball movement and some composure to play a simple but right pass, or provide a finish. Neither are guys who are gonna get on the ball and try to dictate play, neither are going to dominate touches on the ball, neither are going to play some great creative passes or generally provide that much in the way of creativity. They're like the middle men after the creative play and before the finish, which a lot of times can easily be made redundant in the first place. Especially having 2 of them.

Would love Van de Beek to show he can be something more, so we'll see. Not too hopeful on it.
Well, prior to joining you VDB was good at this G + A stuff. Plus, you must not have seen us much this season as we are crying out for anyone who has composure, off the ball movement and simple passing in midfield. Gomes is horribly sluggish and Allan just isn't capable of that type of play in the final third. Alli and VDB are.

You have a best player ?
unreal banter!!!!!!111111!

GlasgowCeltic

Really would like to see Everton adopt a strategy that doesn't involve hoovering up big club dross

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No. Allan and Doucoure should be starters but I imagine Dele/VDB would be rotatated. Gordon doesn't play CM, Gomes is meh and Delph is shite.
Isn't Gordon a CM/CAM ? He is your boy and won't be benched. Ali is joining permanently. Doucoure and Allen are automatic starters.

Doesnt look great for Donny.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Doucoure is injured isn’t he? Plus he’s not the same position, nor is Allan?
He won't start on wings. Richarlison , DCL and Gray are automatic starters. So is Doucoure and Allen. Now you do the math.

Should have joined Palace.

Ixion

Isn't Gordon a CM/CAM ? He is your boy and won't be benched. Ali is joining permanently. Doucoure and Allen are automatic starters.

Im sure he spoke at length with Lampard or whoever about his playing time

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

No, he's been playing out wide. I'm sure that Lampard doesn't care about anything apart from who is the best player. Doucoure is injured.

Wilt

Certainly one of the more interesting managerial appointments this season. Good luck to yer Frankie boy!

mu4c_20le

This seems like a bizarre appointment. Lampard was totally out of his depth managing Chelsea, and Benitez is a far more experienced manager. I look at Lampard as being less qualified than Ole.
Different expectations. All he has to do is keep them up and that's a win, this season is essentially a free hit for him to figure out them and how to build next season. And regardless of how he compares to Ole, I do think he is a bigger PL legend, so will command more respect from the team. I'd be surprised if they go down tbh.

Offsideagain

If Donny goes there on loan, Lampard will get the best out of him. Can’t see Lampard lasting more than a year though given his managerial record.

GlasgowCeltic

Different expectations. All he has to do is keep them up and that's a win, this season is essentially a free hit for him to figure out them and how to build next season. And regardless of how he compares to Ole, I do think he is a bigger PL legend, so will command more respect from the team. I'd be surprised if they go down tbh.
Oles deep line and counter probably fits Everton's players better of the two managers, should be fun if Frank is planning on a high line with the likes of Keane and Mina

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
Lampard will be great, he will bring through youth like he did at Chelsea. Because its that simple - you declare “im going to bring through youth” and Hey presto! Jameses and Abrahams and Odois just materialise out of thin air and drop into your squad.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
£40m for Ali is either a joke or someone at Everton really needs to lay off the Colombian marching powder.

predator

Youth NITK
As far as talent goes, VDB and Alli are very very good signings if you ask me.
Will be interesting to see how Lampard utilises them. I guess I will be watching Everton alot in the next half of the season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is going to be fecking hilarious, mark my words.

And thank Christ too. The mores shambolic tomfoolery distracting from our own ongoing nightmare the better. I don’t think I could bear football any more without the likes of Arsenal and Everton around to ease the pain.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
This seems like a bizarre appointment. Lampard was totally out of his depth managing Chelsea, and Benitez is a far more experienced manager. I look at Lampard as being less qualified than Ole.
Ole has 7.5 years on Lampard and they have both looked amateurish at times, it’s fair to say. The fact people still compare the two is more of insult to Ole than it is to Lampard.

Everton are a shambles, Benitez had the resume but didn’t have an impact. Ancelotti also didn’t do a very good job for how much he spent. Marco Silva.. you name it, they’ve all done bad.

Frank might not do a good job, he might do a good job but he has a young team with fresh Ideas. Sometimes that’s what you need to start a transformation. In football it’s not common for the one who starts a transition to be there at the end.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
40 mill for Alli? :lol:

it’s on Benitez more than anyone else, but he has a horrible choice in clubs. Soon as he goes they start spending.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a tough job given Everton have been going nowhere for so long. Very skeptical he has what it takes. Ideally this task needs someone far more experienced.

DT12

Supports
Everton
Alli is initially a free transfer. We will pay 10 million after he plays 20 games (canny business from Everton - there are not 20 games left in the season). By the time he's done that, high-earning dross like Sigurdsson, Tosun and Delph will be off the books, meaning we're much healthier for FFP. The only way we're ever paying 40 million for Alli is if he reaches ridiculous targets like firing us to a Premier League title. Lazy reporting on this transfer by the BBC, as always.

Reactions: SilentWitness

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Alli was only ever good in that role just off the striker, been average anywhere else I have seen him deployed. Will be interesting to see how Lampard has Everton line up moving forward.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I actually really really like Lampard as a manager. I enjoy the way he let Chelsea play football, how many creative technical attacking players he put on the pitch and how he gave youngsters a chance. Really hope he will develop this style further and improve as a manager further at Everton.

I have a good feeling about Donny under Lampard.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I would agree with this.
If only half the stories of Lamps as a Chelsea manager are true... I would not expect too much from this appointment.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Alli is initially a free transfer. We will pay 10 million after he plays 20 games (canny business from Everton - there are not 20 games left in the season). By the time he's done that, high-earning dross like Sigurdsson, Tosun and Delph will be off the books, meaning we're much healthier for FFP. The only way we're ever paying 40 million for Alli is if he reaches ridiculous targets like firing us to a Premier League title. Lazy reporting on this transfer by the BBC, as always.
Lazy reading by people too, as always.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
is it time to bring in scholes to finally answer the question of who was better, him, gerrard or lampard?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Started of well at Everton. I remember at Chelsea, a lot of fans on here believed ole was a better manager than lampard.….it will be interesting to see how both these managers career turns out.

Brophs

The One and Only
is it time to bring in scholes to finally answer the question of who was better, him, gerrard or lampard?
Might have to wait until Scholey's stopped play this little piggy with his daughter. With his mouth.