Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

CM

Honestly the decision to appoint him was one of the most braindead decisions I've seen in football for a long time. Chelsea are in big trouble with Boehly in charge

lysglimt

Scout
Honestly the decision to appoint him was one of the most braindead decisions I've seen in football for a long time. Chelsea are in big trouble with Boehly in charge
Not really - they have a clueless owner, they have players who don't have a clue what they are doing on the pitch, it sort of makes sense that they also have a clueless manager

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is he even going to get a win between now and the end of the season?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Bit weird how Lampard isn't doing well at Chelsea when his most notable managerial achievement prior to taking over was being sacked from being manager of Chelsea.

Chairman Steve

It makes you wonder where he'd be had he taken the decision to remain at Derby.
I reckon it would have unraveled at Derby after his first season anyway. He’d have been another one of those managers who looked good in their debut season, got some hype and then crumbled after that. He probably made the correct decision to move to Chelsea the first time when he did.

ti vu

It makes you wonder where he'd be had he taken the decision to remain at Derby.
Finished 4th in PL with Chelsea (same point as Ole third place finish) when they're weathering the transfer ban vindicated his decision then.

Chelsea pumping money into the team the next season raising the expectation is his downfall. Seeing how Tuchel won CL, established Chelsea in top 4 and made multiple final in the cup, he should know his limitation and stay away from football management then. His issue he is deluding himself into taking new jobs, difficult ones too. Trying to prove doubter wrong only proves them right. Thought he's smart and be more self aware.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Finished 4th in PL with Chelsea (same point as Ole third place finish) when they're weathering the transfer ban vindicated his decision then.

Chelsea pumping money into the team the next season raising the expectation is his downfall. Seeing how Tuchel won CL, established Chelsea in top 4 and made multiple final in the cup, he should know his limitation and stay away from football management then. His issue he is deluded himself into taking new jobs, difficult ones too. Trying to prove doubter wrong only proves them right now. Thought he's smart and be more self aware.
Although results weren't always there I thought we had many excellent spells pre lockdown. Outfootballing Ten Hag's Ajax, going toe to toe with City/Liverpool and not looking out of place, first team to do double on Mourinho. There was a performance away at Watford despite 'only' ending 2-1 that I thought was absolutely sensational for 80 minutes (until a BS penalty led to a chaotic ending).

It fooled me into thinking Lampard had top manager potential but in hindsight i guess it was Sarri's training still being in the memory and Lampard's express yourself vibes tactics hitting a perfect sweetspot. But yeah I still would say he did a good job all in all, people were laughing at our squad in August that year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is he even going to get a win between now and the end of the season?
We have Forest at home and Bournemouth away soon. We might pick up a draw in those two. So no, the answer to your question is probably no. Our next win will probably be on opening day next season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We have Forest at home and Bournemouth away soon. We might pick up a draw in those two. So no, the answer to your question is probably no. Our next win will probably be on opening day next season.
Exciting times.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Thread title should read “Chelsea caretaker manager sack watch” now.. has there ever been a manager sacked from two clubs in the same season in PL history?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
In all seriousness, it wouldn’t surprise me if we pulled out a random win in the most unlikely game of them all, at the Emirates.
You've already done it back in 2016 when they were challenging for the title and you were in a similar situation as you're now.
Would be hillarious though but I doubt this team has the spine for it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You've already done it back in 2016 when they were challenging for the title and you were in a similar situation as you're now.
Would be hillarious though but I doubt this team has the spine for it.
That game is completely wiped from my memory, most of that season is really. I have zero recollection of Costa scoring that goal. I know we turned up and scuppered Tottenham’s hopes that season too, one of the only memorable things from that season.

AshRK

I rated him more than I should have. His everton stint and now this has completely tarnished amy hopes of him becoming a decent manager. Only reason he is still wven considered is because he is english. Where does he go from here?

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Should have stayed longer at Derby to polish his skills, maybe he could have become a half decent lower PL teams manager.

Yesterday couldn't even defend a two goal deficit against a Madrid team that didn't even hit the second gear.

Maybe he should go into punditry.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Lampard is an obvious downgrade from Potter in the same way that Potter was an obvious downgrade from Tuchel. This is Lampard’s honeymoon period…

Brophs

The One and Only
The league had better watch out when the new manager bounce kicks in.