Frank Lampard the pundit

Womp

idiot
Not sure if there's already a thread on this, but I actually quite like him as a pundit. Even when he was a footballer, he always came across as someone who was very respectable - something that's stayed with him in punditry.

He seems to have a good understanding of the game and huge respect for us as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Smart bloke. Completed Mensa apparently.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s brilliant, and generally a top bloke.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Even when he was at Chelsea, I was a fan of him. Absolute top bloke. He isnt bad as a pundit either. I like his Chelsea/Mou stories.

el3mel

As I always say about Henry, he was one of the very few rival clubs players that I actually liked when he was a player. No surprise I still admire both him and Henry till now that they become pundits.

devil in me

As I always say about Henry, he was one of the very few rival clubs players that I actually liked when he was a player. No surprise I still admire both him and Henry till now that they become pundits.
Aye same..hates pretty much every Chelsea side he played him, but always been a class act on and off the pitch. Actually surprised we don't see more of him in tv considering he's an intelligent bloke who has pretty much won it all. You'd think he'd be the logical choice for top BBC/sky pundit rather than some of the shite they have.

El Zoido

I’ve got a lot of respect for Frank, he was a brilliant player and one of the only likeable things about Chelsea for most of the time he was there. He’s definitely one of the better pundits on tv that’s for sure.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Aye same..hates pretty much every Chelsea side he played him, but always been a class act on and off the pitch. Actually surprised we don't see more of him in tv considering he's an intelligent bloke who has pretty much won it all. You'd think he'd be the logical choice for top BBC/sky pundit rather than some of the shite they have.
Those words have no place in punditry unfortunately (see Merson, Paul or Thompson, Phil))

Kag

Very articulate bloke.

If you get the chance listen to the time he rang into LBC radio. James O'Brien had hammered him relating to a story about Lampard and the living conditions of his ex-wife and child. Lampard heard about it and rang up to argue his case. He came out of it really, really well.

hn4manunited

Aye. I like Lampard as a pundit a lot. He always try to come from a position of respect and balance. Always look the most genuine.

Hojoon

Those words have no place in punditry unfortunately (see Merson, Paul or Thompson, Phil))
Yeah, it's mostly about clicks and "personality" nowadays to generate interest and revenue. Punditry and football journalism is no better than celebrity gossip section.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Him, Gerrard and Ferdinand come across well on BT. Much better than the absolute yer da types on BBC.

FujiVice

With all those tremendous pundits like Carragher, Ferdinand, Neville, Lampard etc., just remember you are paying your television license to fund Alan Shearer and Danny fecking Murphy. The BBC is the worst.

Womp

idiot
With all those tremendous pundits like Carragher, Ferdinand, Neville, Lampard etc., just remember you are paying your television license to fund Alan Shearer and Danny fecking Murphy. The BBC is the worst.
Here in Australia we can only legitimately watch the PL through a service called Optus, who allocate channels and we regularly get Shearer. Phenomenal player, but he's got to be the most boring pundit :lol:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Like hell did you all like him as a player. I keep hearing the same from rival fans now about all our old guard (bar JT) but while they were with us i can't remember hearing many good words about Lamps, Drogba and even Ash like i do now. I understand it, Rio and Neville have grown on me since they have become pundits.

ParkLife

He and Rio to a lesser extent really stand out amongst some of the utter dross on BT. A classic case of having guests rather than pundits, Lampard just happens to be both. Chris Sutton makes me want to cry.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Him and Rio complement each other very well. Lampard is the articulate one. Rio is the passionate one. Even McManaman is alright as a third wheel.

Hargreaves, Owen, Scholes and Savage is where BT Sports gets a bit shit.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I take it you don't know/recall young Frank. He got himself in bother as a youngster. Cleaned up his act and had a spotless record thereafter.

Djemba-Djemba

Like hell did you all like him as a player. I keep hearing the same from rival fans now about all our old guard (bar JT) but while they were with us i can't remember hearing many good words about Lamps, Drogba and even Ash like i do now. I understand it, Rio and Neville have grown on me since they have become pundits.
I don't think Lampard was particularly liked at Utd when he was still playing but I never remember him being disliked or booed or anything like that. John Terry will always be a cnut.

Who is saying good words about Ashley Cole???

Womp

idiot
I actually did, he's always been a class act to me. That being said, JT is a cnut, never liked him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think Lampard was particularly liked at Utd when he was still playing but I never remember him being disliked or booed or anything like that. John Terry will always be a cnut.

Who is saying good words about Ashley Cole???
There's not as much hostility towards Cole anymore, when he was with us you'd think he was the second coming of Fred West if you went by oppo fans views on him.

RooneyLegend

Not a patch on Sherwood, always prefer the one's who say what they think than the one's who try to sound good.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not a patch on Sherwood, always prefer the one's who say what they think than the one's who try to sound good.
Sherwood is terrible. Not a problem with honesty but he is simply dumb.
In terms of ex players, Lampard is decent because he tries to give a detailed and intelligent insight rather than easy generalities.
Still think Andy Gray is the best.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They both got caught with Dyer in that 3sum malarky. Footballers, fecking hell.
Aye, and then Frank top-trumped him with his 9/11 antics being filmed.

I think the pair of them wised up a lot and steered themselves well clear of controversy considering how they were thought of as youngsters.

devil in me

I take it you don't know/recall young Frank. He got himself in bother as a youngster. Cleaned up his act and had a spotless record thereafter.
Not really going to let his behavior as a 19/20 year old cloud my judgement of him. As you say, cleaned up his act pretty and did so pretty quickly.