Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
I think they might sack him. With the transfer ban, Chelsea probably thought he was a good fit with the young players already at the club and also cleverly manage fan expectations in a difficult season.

He's done that, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the right man going forward where they'll have money to spend, the young players have grown into solid players and now it's time to start winning again.

ShareEndorphins

Supports
Chelsea
I must laugh. Why do you think he will be sacked? Because we lost to Bayern?
Lampard is still in the top 4 and that without buying in the summer and now the winter transfer and the Board can't be so stupid to see that they hired not an ready made Manager so they will give him at least one more season.

Lets not talk about the current squad but i will be suprised if he gets the sack.

zakk88

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea was essentially a one man team last season, Hazard carried the team to 4th place finish and the Europa league title.
His total ontribution in goals and assists alone was over 50% of Chelsea's total goals last season.
So to lose a player like that and not replace him clearly affected the squad.
The injuries to the creative players like Pulisic, RLC, CHO has not helped.
Lampard needs to get rid of the deadwood and buy his own players before we can fairly judge him.
Even with the weakened squad Chelsea are 3rd behind City and Liverpool in big chances created this season, a few key signings and I can see this team improving

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
His handling of Kepa will be his undoing. He's being pigheaded.
You think he should be playing Kepa? He;s been utter shit this season.

In the press conference today he praised Kepa's professionalism and said that he and Willy were training well.

How do you think he should be handling it?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
His handling of Kepa will be his undoing. He's being pigheaded.
Kepa's been fecking up every game whilst Willy has barely put a foot wrong. It would only be backfiring if Willy's performances were on par or worse than Kepa's and that simply has not been the case.

ReddBalls

Would Kepa start at Man United? Would Alonso? Would Christensen, Azpi or Tammy?

If you're making a combined Man United / Chelsea matchday squad, it would not be dominated by Chelsea players.
What about Kanté, Kovasic, Jorginho? Willian? Rudiger?

Of the few you mentioned, I'd argue Azpi would have a good shout at the start of the season. The Shaw-loathing crowd at the Caf definitely would give him a starting spot.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think they might sack him. With the transfer ban, Chelsea probably thought he was a good fit with the young players already at the club and also cleverly manage fan expectations in a difficult season.

He's done that, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the right man going forward where they'll have money to spend, the young players have grown into solid players and now it's time to start winning again.
Sacking a manager when the transfer was limited? I'll be surprised. I'm sure Chelsea board didn't expect him for top 4 this season to begin with.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sacking a manager when the transfer was limited? I'll be surprised. I'm sure Chelsea board didn't expect him for top 4 this season to begin with.
There is less than zero chance he gets sacked this summer unless we dive to mid table (which will take relegation form from here on in).

However with signings like Zyiech and possibly Sancho his safety net will be ripped out next term and evolution in results and performances (ala more of Spurs and less of United) will be the absolute minimum requirement.

Agila Dathi

Chelsea knew they would get the ban, so they bought three players before they got the ban, IIRC they did the same thing the last time they were banned from the transfer market.Now they appealed and were able to buy players in January but didn't. It's not like the manager gets to choose the players anyway.

Gasolin

My understanding is that Lampard does allow the team to create chances. Not scoring has been fatal but it could be fixed with a goal scorer. I don’t think they will get Sancho, I still think Rashford is too good of a friend with him, even Lingard. But who knows.

Lampard can be very dangerous given what he showed. But I don’t think they will beat Ole next season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It’s funny when people try to stick up for Lamps by saying he hasn’t signed anyone.

He has Chelsea 3 points ahead of United with a much better squad.

Most of the squad won the league 3 years ago. Kante, Azpilucueta, Alonso, Kovacic, Jorginho are all top players, then add Pulisic and Giroud, that is a pretty good squad and Lamps isn’t getting the best out of it.

He is no better than Ole but because he is English he barely gets any stick.

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
Most of the squad won the league 3 years ago.
8 Isn't most and only 5 of them really contributed in 16/17.

Alonso - Barely played this season
Zouma
Azpi - Past it
Kante - Always seems to be injured or coming back from one
Loftus-Cheek - Hasn't played a game
Pedro - Past it. Barely played this season
Willian - Rubbish
Batshuayi - Rubbish

Kante, Azpilucueta, Alonso, Kovacic, Jorginho are all top players, then add Pulisic and Giroud, that is a pretty good squad and Lamps isn’t getting the best out of it.
Kante and Pulisic have been injured regularly and Alonso and Azpi are not top players! Jorginho and Kovacic are top players on their day but still need to find more consistency.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Their attack fell off a cliff after Pulisic and Tammy got injured, but the underlying numbers are still good, they're still generally outplaying teams week in week out, their performances are still good. The issue right now seems to be the players, specifically the forwards, more than the manager

No reason to doubt Lampard just yet. Now granted, if they have a chance to hire Klopp or Guardiola, sure, by all means sack Lampard

Castia

It’s funny when people try to stick up for Lamps by saying he hasn’t signed anyone.

Most of the squad won the league 3 years ago. Kante, Azpilucueta, Alonso, Kovacic, Jorginho are all top players, then add Pulisic and Giroud, that is a pretty good squad and Lamps isn’t getting the best out of it.

Come on... the Chelsea players you mention there are pretty fecking average. Kante on his day is class, the rest not so much.

Hes done alright and brought through some good young players. I remember seeing their line-up against us in the first game of the season and laughing seeing Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Christensen etc but they’ve all progressed and even got on the international level.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
My understanding is that Lampard does allow the team to create chances. Not scoring has been fatal but it could be fixed with a goal scorer. I don’t think they will get Sancho, I still think Rashford is too good of a friend with him, even Lingard. But who knows.
If his decision boils down to his mates are then you're fecked.

Hudson Odoi is his bonafide bestie.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Its funny how we have the better squad now, in the August prediction thread almost everyone had United in top 4 with us out of the top seven.

We may have won the league 3 years ago but in that side we had 5 world class players, 3 of said players are gone while the other 2 have declined. In this side we have maybe Kova and that's it.

AndersB

Come on... the Chelsea players you mention there are pretty fecking average. Kante on his day is class, the rest not so much.

Hes done alright and brought through some good young players. I remember seeing their line-up against us in the first game of the season and laughing seeing Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Christensen etc but they’ve all progressed and even got on the international level.
Let's not rewrite history, now. You are making him sound like Adnan Januzaj

zakk88

Supports
Chelsea

I don't really think the Chelsea had a better squad than United at the start of the season.
From the players you mentioned
Kante - injury prone this season, dont think he has played 5 consecutive games this season
Azpilicueta and Alonso - Both lack the speed and athletism required as a morden full back, especially in the system that Lampard wants to play.
Jorginho and Kovacic - Kovacic was sub par on his loan spell last season, most fans didn't want to him here permanently this season.
Same with Jorginho, he was seen as a system player, had next to no assists or goal contributions last season.
Add this to the old and declining Pedro and Giroud, there is a people were predicting Chelsea to finish below 6th this season

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
He is not getting the stick, because he does not manage United.

I think Lampard has been decent, add a few defender, a keeper and a backup striker and I think they’ll be fine. I suspect they will not go for Sancho with all the other players they need. Roman is not a crazy spender.

It would not be a surprise, if they fall out of the top 4 and sack him. Roman is not the most patient owner out there and I can see them going for Poch if the ending of the season goes south.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I think Lampard has been decent, add a few defender, a keeper and a backup striker and I think they’ll be fine. I suspect they will not go for Sancho with all the other players they need. Roman is not a crazy spender.

It would not be a surprise, if they fall out of the top 4 and sack him. Roman is not the most patient owner out there and I can see them going for Poch if the ending of the season goes south.
It's well overblown how "impatient" Roman is.

Yes Scolari was sacked "ruthlessly" but that was because we had the old guard in their prime, not challenging for the title with such personnel is in itself a sackable offense.

And that's before we mention the fact Pochettino would never join us (unless his relationship with Levy soured so much his intent to stick it to him over rides his love for the Spurs supporters) so it's all a very moot point.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
The last time United won the league was 2 years after Milan's last league win. Since then they had spent more or less the same amount as Manchester City but have nothing to show for it. Of course Ole is under greater pressure. Also Chelsea losing arguably the best player in the league from their team, transfer ban, and the fact that Ole was there for the majority of last season too makes this a no-brainer.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
If Lampard had better Attackers Chelsea would be dangerous. Switch our forwards with Chelseas and they would be way ahead of us. They play well until the last third. Not much you can do as a coach when you have to rely on Mount, Abraham( Rashford or Martial would’ve score more in this team) Hudson Odoi, Pulisic, Willian, Pedro and so on to score and create. They also need to make some changes at the back. They could also use a midfielder with a more goalscoring threath.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If Lampard had better Attackers Chelsea would be dangerous. Switch our forwards with Chelseas and they would be way ahead of us. They play well until the last third. Not much you can do as a coach when you have to rely on Mount, Abraham( Rashford or Martial would’ve score more in this team) Hudson Odoi, Pulisic, Willian, Pedro and so on to score and create. They also need to make some changes at the back. They could also use a midfielder with a more goalscoring threath.
And if we’d had Kante and a couple
Of Chelsea’s midfielders we’d be in a better position

These kind of hypotheses are a bit silly really

TheReligion

Abusive
The last time United won the league was 2 years after Milan's last league win. Since then they had spent more or less the same amount as Manchester City but have nothing to show for it. Of course Ole is under greater pressure. Also Chelsea losing arguably the best player in the league from their team, transfer ban, and the fact that Ole was there for the majority of last season too makes this a no-brainer.
Clutching a bit here.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
And if we’d had Kante and a couple
Of Chelsea’s midfielders we’d be in a better position

These kind of hypotheses are a bit silly really
Not actually Kante. We had problem creating chances and getting the ball to our forwards quickly. What derailed our season were the thin squad and the injuries to Pogba and Martial early in the season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

He will be backed big in the summer, I think January was a case of maybe getting a loan striker in if giroud left, with the main deals being lined up for the summer. Ziyech being one. I think we will go for Sancho too with Willian and Pedro off. Ziyech wont be used on the wing, he will be a number 10.

Roman isnt a huge spender like before, because we dont need him to fund deals so much these days. There is a large budget for this summer

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why are they so bad defending corners? Seems they concede from one nearly every game.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Somewhat off-topic, but I find it interesting being English is an obvious asset with the media yet players like Sterling have been getting crucified for years.

tomaldinho1

I don't see how you can argue they have a much better squad - you could say it's pretty equal but, if anything, if you look at the individuals across both teams United have the better/higher rated players. Both teams spend money and attract big names but the issue you have when comparing Lampard to Ole is one is in 4th and the other in 5th and one has spent £0 and the other £200m+.

Neither is doing that well but if the season ended today, Lampard can reflect on a solid if unspectacular season especially without having bought anyone in whereas Ole's would be seen as a major disappointment. Even if Lampard had spent the same as Ole, he'd be having a better season but he hasn't. Here's to hoping we do creep into the top 4 but as it stands Lampard is having a better season.

Champagne Football

Lampard will get it right there. Ziyech will be a top signing. He'll bring in a top striker such as Timo Werner and a new keeper like Onana and they'll be flying next season. A lot of deadwood needs to be moved on too.

AshRK

I don't see how you can argue they have a much better squad - you could say it's pretty equal but, if anything, if you look at the individuals across both teams United have the better/higher rated players. Both teams spend money and attract big names but the issue you have when comparing Lampard to Ole is one is in 4th and the other in 5th and one has spent £0 and the other £200m+.

Neither is doing that well but if the season ended today, Lampard can reflect on a solid if unspectacular season especially without having bought anyone in whereas Ole's would be seen as a major disappointment. Even if Lampard had spent the same as Ole, he'd be having a better season but he hasn't. Here's to hoping we do creep into the top 4 but as it stands Lampard is having a better season.
Yes he had a transfer ban but he did get an addition of 58m Pulisic and Kovacic for 40 odd million. And apart from that there were good loanees that were added to his squad. The likes of Mount had a better season than say James in championship.

And Ole has been a victim of some injuries to important players, so it's not like Ole had all the luck himself. I feel both are doing below par job so far. ANy other season this chelsea side wouldn't be in top 4. There's not much difference in what both have done so far, just that one gets less criticism and the other is bashed left, right and center.

ShareEndorphins

Supports
Chelsea
Yes he had a transfer ban but he did get an addition of 58m Pulisic and Kovacic for 40 odd million. And apart from that there were good loanees that were added to his squad. The likes of Mount had a better season than say James in championship.

And Ole has been a victim of some injuries to important players, so it's not like Ole had all the luck himself. I feel both are doing below par job so far. ANy other season this chelsea side wouldn't be in top 4. There's not much difference in what both have done so far, just that one gets less criticism and the other is bashed left, right and center.
Pulisic and Kovacic were signed before Lampard had any involvement. Also Ole got support in the winter transfer, Lampard didn't. Apart from that as you got many injury problems i mean Pulisic only played a handful of matches this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.