Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I would not class Rudiger (28 in March) or even Werner (25 in March) as a young players.
I think he meant that the biggest two signings were Germans who can still learn and develop. Rudiger was sidelined until very recently and Pulisic was given his Dortmund debut by Tuchel, with German football being key to his development.

I think it’s inevitable and I think Frank knows it.

DavidDeSchmikes

Reading the Guardian yesterday by Jacob Steinberg, Tuchel, Ragnick, Nagelsman, Allegri and Hasnehuttl were names all mentioned. In the article it says "the hierarchy have started to consider succession plans"

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Tuchel would be bad recruitment in Chelsea standards. But I think they Will be desperate enough to take him anyway with Poch at PSG now.

I’m really glad they don’t get Poch or even Ancelotti anyway. That could’ve been potentially threatening.

Maybe the best would be to write this season off and wait until the summer for Hasenhuttl or Nagelsmann.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

I almost didn't want to watch it. Almost.

I some sympathy with Frank and haven't read the articles in question, but he has a much different demeanour than when Fergie was giving journos both barrels over shitty pieces and questions.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I read a few stories earlier about Pulisic saying he’d welcome Tuchel. I was at work and it came up on my phone and I’ve seen it on Twitter so can’t remember where it was but if true, regardless of how poor Lampard has been, that’s poor from Pulisic.

Amarsdd

Tonights Transfer Window podcast starts with Lampard. The german players dont understand the fine detail of lampards tactics. Also a feeling among the foreign players (werner, havertz, ziyech) that he is favouring the brits that have come through the youth ranks in the dressing room. Hes is losing half the dressing room.

Some german managers have been mooted as replacements, because of Chelseas investment in the young german players such as havertz and werner. But it is Lampard's job to lose.
:lol: subvertly trying to take the blame away from Lampard.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Honestly, I would rather they hire Tuchel than Nagelsman or Hasnehuttl or Rodgers. Not saying Tuchel is bad, rate him higher than Faver but I rate those three higher. Hasnehuttl in my opinion the one I scared the most because I think he knows how to get the best out of Werner (worked with him), knows how to bounce back from losing and already had PL experienced.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s a no brainer for them to go for Brendan but they won’t thankfully.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, I would rather they hire Tuchel than Nagelsman or Hasnehuttl or Rodgers. Not saying Tuchel is bad, rate him higher than Faver but I rate those three higher. Hasnehuttl in my opinion the one I scared the most because I think he knows how to get the best out of Werner (worked with him), knows how to bounce back from losing and already had PL experienced.
If Chelsea sack Lampard, then surely we have to accept the club is incapable of committing to any potential multi-year project and therefore someone like Nagelsmann won't make any sense because he too will require time and patience to implement his ideas. He is more experienced than Lampard but he is relatively inexperienced himself, and basically a completely novice when it comes to the attention and pressure that comes with managing big European club.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I hope they won’t get Tuchel, I really rate him and I think he would achieve great things with this squad.
He seems to be skipping under the radar similar to Conte did before he came here. I think he'll surprise people in a similar fashion aswell (not nesseserily win the league but have us looking really good).

Judas

Open to offers
I think Tuchel would do great at Chelsea with the talent they have, but I've no doubt him and Roman are a horrible match long term. But I think no one expects a "dynasty" type setup there, win a few trophies then you're out, but it works for them.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I think Tuchel would do great at Chelsea with the talent they have, but I've no doubt him and Roman are a horrible match long term. But I think no one expects a "dynasty" type setup there, win a few trophies then you're out, but it works for them.
Tuchel's record suggests that he is a horrible long term match with any owner/DoF. Might make even his negatives a good fit for Chelsea, with both the club's and the manager's inability for long term relations, as you point out too.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I hope it’s not Rodgers. He knows the league and has already worked well with good players and big clubs. He came close to winning the league once and might come close or even win it this season.

Judas

Open to offers
I hope it’s not Rodgers. He knows the league and has already worked well with good players and big clubs. He came close to winning the league once and might come close or even win it this season.
He's already got a connection with Chelsea too doesn't he? Wasn't he working under Jose at one point?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He's already got a connection with Chelsea too doesn't he? Wasn't he working under Jose at one point?
According to Transfermarkt he coached their U18 and Reserves for a few years. I didn’t even know that.

Rafa has just left the Chinese side he’s coached for 18 months. Coincidence?
Chelsea fans will cry if Rafa is made their manager for the 2nd time!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Roman doesn’t hang around when it comes to making decisions.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he hadn't so obviously shown how rattled he was in his press conference I think he might have got more time.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was clearly out of his depth there. He took the Chelsea job way too soon.
I still believe had he gone for the patient route in squad building, he would have been fine. If you're spending 250m in a window, you really need to be at the top or in the title race at the very least

Neo_Mufc

He was clearly out of his depth there. He took the Chelsea job way too soon.
I agree. 1 year at Derby County and then he's given one of the biggest jobs in football because he was a club legend.

I know Ole isn't showered with accolades but at least he's done a few rounds in football.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I still believe had he gone for the patient route in squad building, he would have been fine. If you're spending 250m in a window, you really need to be at the top or in the title race at the very least
Yeah that's a good point. I'm still not sure what their transfer strategy was. Havertz and Werner are looking like two of biggest flops in PL history right now.

Dan_F

5 points off top 4, in the FA cup and CL going into Feb, with a first 11 that has what, half the the first 11 in their first season in English football.

I’m not saying they’re doing particularly well, but it seems like they could have given him more time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wow

Wait for the tards to come out with a line like this is how big clubs act when pointing that we should have sacked Ole a year ago :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.