Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
We've actually got it relatively okay so I hope we can take advantage.

Thanks to already securing top spot in CL we can rest our entire first Xl next week, our midweek PL game is on a Tuesday while our following 'weekend' game is on a Monday and we're out of the League Cup.

The one real bastard in that fixture list is we have a 48 hour turnover on 26th and 28th December.
Yeah, that's what I said. The schedule is going to take a toll. If your team can keep the key players for, you have a great chance. Lampard is playing attacking football and it is great to see. Also, the experience of Thiago Silva is a big boost. Having a leader in the CB position is invaluable. All winning teams have that.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Seems to be under far less pressure than Ole despite having a similar record.

He got Chelsea through the group stages of the champions league so he's just ahead of Old atm.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Seems to be under far less pressure than Ole despite having a similar record.

He got Chelsea through the group stages of the champions league so he's just ahead of Old atm.
The idea to be in CL seems to be misunderstood by lot of people and media, that’s why people criticised Ole not Lampard. The purpose of CL for both United & Chelsea are to test the team with the top quality tier opposition to evaluate what the team needs for improvement. No one are expecting both team to win it this season. Going through group stage isn’t really the purpose if you can’t even winning it.

United might fail to go through but we have tested ourselves against the top team in bundesliga/semi finalist of CL and also the runner up of CL. Chelsea went through but they haven’t really test themselves enough against the top tier oppositions.

treble_winner

The idea to be in CL seems to be misunderstood by lot of people and media, that’s why people criticised Ole not Lampard. The purpose of CL for both United & Chelsea are to test the team with the top quality tier opposition to evaluate what the team needs for improvement. No one are expecting both team to win it this season. Going through group stage isn’t really the purpose if you can’t even winning it.

United might fail to go through but we have tested ourselves against the top team in bundesliga/semi finalist of CL and also the runner up of CL. Chelsea went through but they haven’t really test themselves enough against the top tier oppositions.
You may have to eat your words if Chelsea won the Champions League. Once you get to knock-out stage, anything is possible.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You may have to eat your words if Chelsea won the Champions League. Once you get to knock-out stage, anything is possible.
Yes. I never say they can’t, there is a good reason why I put if in my sentence. It was about the initial expectation though. You asked Chelsea fans before the season started, none of them would say we are aiming to win it. United & Chelsea fans were expecting to reach quarter final or semi final to play against top tier quality opposition. Except, we did it without reaching the quarter final or semi final.

T_Model101

Bobby Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea
But their greatest ever manager couldn't
What does that mean?
If anything?

MrEleson

It’s not just that. You get a lot of extra money for every game you win and extra round you qualify through even if you’re not a serious contender. But that’s an interesting way of euthanising United’s exit from the competition.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s not just that. You get a lot of extra money for every game you win and extra round you qualify through even if you’re not a serious contender. But that’s an interesting way of euthanising United’s exit from the competition.
I don’t care about money. This is the issue of our board, they are less care about us making progress to get closer and closer to win the league. They care more about us making money, getting CL to them is enough because it gives you money without taking risk action to spend more. I never really expect us to win it this season, before the CL Group revealed, I expect to reach quarter final or probably semi to test ourselves against the top tier opposition and assess ourselves and I’m sure Chelsea fans expect that as well. We might be out but we actually did play against top tier opposition which what the point in CL this season.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Frank Lampard is one among the trident of imposters managing big clubs atm. He will perish faster than the other two though, because his club are proactive.

Web of Bissaka

Bobby Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea
But their greatest ever manager couldn't
What does that mean?
If anything?
Once you pass the group stage,
Champions League becomes "Champions Cup" --- any team can win, it's suddenly a knockout competition, like any cup competition except you have two chances each round and a nice away goal rule to exploit.

The group stage for me is a good filter system --- only the most consistently good in each group will advance to the next round. Oh and yes, we are clearly not consistent despite what Ole, some of the players and their defenders fans love to insist that we are "consistent". If all our good performances were all not in the league but rather when we play the CL just like our first two CL games, then for sure we'll advance. We didn't. Just the two false dawns.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Once you pass the group stage,
Champions League becomes "Champions Cup" --- any team can win, it's a knockout competition, like any cup. You have two chances each round and a nice away goal rule to exploit.

The group stage for me is a good filter system --- only the most consistently good in each group will advance to the next round. Oh and yes, we are clearly not consistent despite what Ole, some of the players and their defenders fans love to insist that we are "consistent".
Chelsea got Rennes and Krasnador in their group. We'd have got out of their group and they may have not got out of ours.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You have to look at the underlying signs. Chelsea may be neck and neck with us, but they had clear defensive issues that have been largely resolved and I think they will get hatfuls of goals when their attackers are fit.

I don’t know whether Lampard is an imposter or the real deal but he unquestionably has more about him than the United manager.

TheReligion

Abusive
You have to look at the underlying signs. Chelsea may be neck and neck with us, but they had clear defensive issues that have been largely resolved and I think they will get hatfuls of goals when their attackers are fit.

I don’t know whether Lampard is an imposter or the real deal but he unquestionably has more about him than the United manager.
It's unfair really as Frank gets to have Sunday Roast with Harry and Jamie Redknapp each weekend. No wonder he's so tactically aware and savvy in the market.

cyberman

They conceded 5 less goals thsn us in a season we conceded 6 in a game.
Its all smoke and mirrors with Chelsea imo.
Ole finished above him last season and will go above them this season if we win our game in hand. We have more points since Jan than any other club. Nothing even hints at Frank having more about him than Ole.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ole finished above him last season and will go above them this season if we win our game in hand. We have more points since Jan than any other club. Nothing even hints at Frank having more about him than Ole.
Let Frank spend as much as Ole has and also give him the same time Ole has, then we can judge them.

Ole has nearly a decade of experience over Frank, it's mental and an insult to Ole to compare them as managers.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah, we had our aberration against Tottenham, while they had theirs across two matches – Albion and Soton.

Generally speaking I would say there are clear signs that they have sorted their back line out, whereas we are still shipping an alarming number – two against Saints, three against both PSG and Leipzig – while we were very fortunate not to ship more against West Ham.

United are unfathomably four points off the top in my mind – we don’t look well coached. Chelsea look like they have better structure and combinations.

Just my opinion.

cyberman

Lampard has spent £222.48 at Chelsea.
Ole has spent £273.85 at Man United.
(both figures from Transfermarkt for consistency).

Ole's been at Man United longer.

Not sarcasm, fachts my friend.
Thats a very narrow argument to be fair. Not Oles fault he spent his money better than Frank did..

cyberman

Yeah, we had our aberration against Tottenham, while they had theirs across two matches – Albion and Soton.

Generally speaking I would say there are clear signs that they have sorted their back line out, whereas we are still shipping an alarming number – two against Saints, three against both PSG and Leipzig – while we were very fortunate not to ship more against West Ham.

United are unfathomably four points off the top in my mind – we don’t look well coached. Chelsea look like they have better structure and combinations.

Just my opinion.
And Oles better defensive record last season?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lampard has spent £222.48 at Chelsea.
Ole has spent £273.85 at Man United.
(both figures from Transfermarkt for consistency).

Ole's been at Man United longer.

Not sarcasm, fachts my friend.
Does the Chelsea spending include Kovacic and Pulisic because surely it should? Whether they were Lampard targets or not they money went out under his watch much like Shaw and Herrera under LVG

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Does the Chelsea spending include Kovacic and Pulisic because surely it should? Whether they were Lampard targets or not they money went out under his watch much like Shaw and Herrera under LVG
Chelsea spending? That's a different discussion. We're talking about Frank compared to Ole Spending.

Pulisic and Kovacic were Chelsea players when Lampard was at Derby County.

tomaldinho1

It’s really not - it’s about going as far as you can for the financial benefits.

All coaches would rather easier draws and avoiding the best teams. That goes for every team, not just United & Chelsea.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Instead of this Ole/Lampard tooeing and throwing of who's spend more who's done what I'll bring a post I made the other day in the thread of a United fan asking for rival fans opinion on OGS.

I've always been a big believer in managers should get time IF they earn it, none of this romantic rubbish they have to show a clear blueprint that the projected end product is worth the pain getting there. The metrics I've always used to decide whether I should back a Chelsea manager who has inconsistent starts results wise are these...

1. Is the football sustainable?

2. What are his team selections like? Is he still playing the deadwood that caused the transition/rebuild phase in the first place or is he building his team around the players that have the potential to be part of the finished article?

3. Recruitment, are the majority of players he's bringing in on the level or have the potential to play in title winning sides?

4. Is there season by season progression?

For a manager to get time and additional trust in the midst of erratic results the answers to questions 1,3 and 4 (just 1 and 3 if he's on the first season) has to be a categoric yes and the answer to question 2 has to be the latter, if as much as one of those 4 ain't on point then it's too big a risk to give them more time in my opinion (unless there's major mitigating circumstances like injury crisis not allowing number 4 to play out). For example, for us Lampard is passing all those 4 with flying colours so far but AVB was only good on number 3, so I'm fully behind Lamps at this point but wanted AVB booted.

I don't watch United as much as you lot do so I'll let you decide how many if any of those that Ole is passing.
How about the Chelsea/United fans on here give their opinions on those 4 questions? Would bring much more productive discussion than "he's spent more" or "he won here and the other didn't so he's better" cycle.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Thats a very narrow argument to be fair. Not Oles fault he spent his money better than Frank did..
OGS hit the jackpot with one player. You know who that is. Said player has kept him in the job. Let's not use terms like "spent his money better". Having said that, there are managers out there who would tear the league with a front four of Werner, Ziyech, Havertz and Pulisic.

Status
Not open for further replies.