Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Tuchel is available and a good appointment and suits their squad. Interesting to see what he does in the PL with a talented squad.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought it was interesting in the Athletic article that wanting to sign Rice annoyed his bosses, they thought it would be embarassing to re-sign an academy product for a high fee. I only mention this because I think Rice would be the absolute perfect addition to our midfield but I thought he was destined for Chelsea.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Now it's easy to see why Lampard was so pissed off in PC.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
No idea why they signed Thiago Silva when they had someone like Tomori developing. Spent a lot of money on Ben Chilwell when it wasn't actually the first area of improvement they needed. They signed Havertz but don't seem to figure out where to play him. Think Werner has done ok. Pulisic and Ziyech have been in and out and the GK situation has been a fiasco. No idea why he has the obsession with Mason Mount as well.
We signed Silva because our defence had no leadership or calmness.

Ben Chilwell is a huge upgrade on Alonso and left back was certainly an area of concern.

Mendy coming in had been a hit so I have no idea why you think our goalkeeping situation has been a fiasco (at least not this year).

As for Mount, he's been our best player. That's why there's "an obsession".

Ziyech has only been "in and out" due to injury. He's always played when fit. Same with Pulisic.

Havertz and Werner have been, overall, shit.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Reports everywhere about him being 'set to get sacked' and the replacement seems nailed on, but he hasn't actually been sacked. Very, very classy way to treat a club legend.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They will all disagree with it, but there’s definite hypocrisy here too. The media would certainly be campaigning for a foreign manager to be sacked in the same circumstances. They have tried to get every manager sacked at United since Fergie, with the exception of Moyes who they were willing to ‘give time’. This includes campaigning against Mourinho following a second placed finish.
The media in general yeah, definitely. But to be fair to him, Lineker has been banging this drum for a long time now that people aren't given enough time in modern day football.

Doesn't help that it's a well-liked Englishman in this case though, most definitely. Tuchel will be under heavy scrutiny if he can't turn it around quickly.

Raven

I quite like Frank, seems a nice guy, but I think he took this job far too early.

KennyBurner

I remember the memes from last year of Twitter accounts discussing who would survive longer between Ole and Lamaprd with the latter winning. They both have also had equal backing so it’s clear which manager is superior.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I didn’t watch the game but the point you raise re: Mount - do you see him at Chelsea long term now Lampard has gone?
Yes he's been one of our best players, dressing room needs to be seen as fair by the squad though. That has been the problem.

Certain players, Giroud last year, Jorginho, Rudiger and currently Alonso have been dropped for months on end for seemingly no sporting reason at all.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Why does all this "stabily" stuff always have to relate to the managers? We've had stability with our ownership and core of players, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

People will always like to compare how many managers we've had compared to United and Arsenal, but never mention the fact both clubs have thrown their captains armband around like confetti in the same period we've only had three club captains (the first of which for 13 years).
Good point.

Will be interesting to see what Tuchel brings

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
This was coming. Chelsea don't historically have a good record for leaving results slide for too long, especially after throwing a lot of money at the last transfer window.Tuchel would be a good appointment, but hopefully they keep playing shit.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That's the point. It is easy winning the French league when you have such resources. He couldn't win in Germany as Bayern so strong. This league is very competitive. He will find that every game is a battle.
Ancelotti and Emery both blew one, Pirlo and Lennon are looking set to break the one team league.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thought it was interesting in the Athletic article that wanting to sign Rice annoyed his bosses, they thought it would be embarassing to re-sign an academy product for a high fee. I only mention this because I think Rice would be the absolute perfect addition to our midfield but I thought he was destined for Chelsea.
Learn something new each day.

TheGame

We signed Silva because our defence had no leadership or calmness.

Ben Chilwell is a huge upgrade on Alonso and left back was certainly an area of concern.

Mendy coming in had been a hit so I have no idea why you think our goalkeeping situation has been a fiasco (at least not this year).

As for Mount, he's been our best player. That's why there's "an obsession".

Ziyech has only been "in and out" due to injury. He's always played when fit. Same with Pulisic.

Havertz and Werner have been, overall, shit.
Mendy has no where near been the stable keeper they needed, he has made mistakes as well although no where near the level of Kepa. I have to disagree when you state Mount has been your best player, don't think he has at all. They've no idea what to do with Havertz so no idea why he was signed. Werner has been shifted to the left wing on most games and I thought overall he has done ok considering he has not been playing up top.

AshRK

Don't know why Chelsea fans are so surprised by this. It's as if they don't know how roman and their club operate. He was fortunate he got the top 4 last season otherwise he would have been sacked then. Also, Ole for all his flaws got the better of most of our players. One could see improvement and progression. Lampard was just doing a poor job.

duffer

Scout
Reports everywhere about him being 'set to get sacked' and the replacement seems nailed on, but he hasn't actually been sacked. Very, very classy way to treat a club legend.
How do you know he hasn't been sacked? They'd have done it but not announced it yet as he's probably still clearing his desk!

PeteManic

I'm delighted that he is being sacked. Nothing personal at all against him, but further two fingers up to the Ole is a P.E. teacher brigade that have been on Ole for the last 2 years while fawning over our boy Frank.

Tony247

I don't know if there is any better way. Because he is a club legend he has been told in advanced otherwise he would have came to know after he is sacked.

Mr Smith

I quite like Frank, seems a nice guy, but I think he took this job far too early.
That's my feeling as well. When he was linked to the job at the time I said I felt Lampard was too smart to take it, that he would be walking into a club that had eaten up and spat out far more experienced managers. I suppose he felt the transfer ban gave him some good grace that he could build on, and to be fair it did, but he would have had to do extraordinarily well for it to last. When he does inevitably get sacked, it will be interesting to see what he does next.

duffer

Scout
Mendy has no where near been the stable keeper they needed, he has made mistakes as well although no where near the level of Kepa. I have to disagree when you state Mount has been your best player, don't think he has at all. They've no idea what to do with Havertz so no idea why he was signed. Werner has been shifted to the left wing on most games and I thought overall he has done ok considering he has not been playing up top.
Mendy has been fine.

Who has been better for us than Mount this season?

I agree Havertz and Werner have been shit.

Tony247

I'm delighted that he is being sacked. Nothing personal at all against him, but further two fingers up to the Ole is a P.E. teacher brigade that have been on Ole for the last 2 years while fawning over our boy Frank.
Same feeling.

El Zoido

I remember the memes from last year of Twitter accounts discussing who would survive longer between Ole and Lamaprd with the latter winning. They both have also had equal backing so it’s clear which manager is superior.
Did I miss the time when Ole got £250m to spend in one transfer window?

PeteManic

When he does inevitably get sacked, it will be interesting to see what he does next.
If he was smart, which he is, he would get into the England set-up at whatever level. There is no other top 6 job out there that he could take. Only City and Pep will be there for as long as the oil money is there.

rotherham_red

Let’s be honest, Frank is a terrible manager and the fact he has the worst record since Roman took over just hammers that home.

Football fans are heavily influenced by the narrative pushed by the media. Frank did at best an OK job at Derby County. I followed this closely because my best mate is a DCFC ST holder. They had a fantastic team that year, spent tonnes of cash of transfers and wages and Frank’s connections enabled them to loan PL quality youngsters such as Tomori, Mason Mount and Harry Wilson. You can’t really criticise a manager for losing a play-off final but I certainly don’t think it was an “achievement” either, I’d say finishing in the top six was bare minimum target.

Then we had this narrative that he somehow had his hands tied because of the transfer ban at Chelsea in his first season. OK, that’s not a positive by any stretch. They lost Hazard but had bought in Pulisic, so effectively they had lost one and gained one - albeit not the same level, admittedly.

I could understand therefore, why Frank wasn’t expected to challenge seriously for the title, but to say that scraping 4th was some big achievement was ludicrous. They had probably the best-stocked squad in the PL. They arguably had three international players in every position. The midfield options alone where ludicrous. Compare that with Ole who got 100+ PL games from Dan James, Pereira, Juan Mata, Brandon Williams, Odion Ighalo, Ashley Young, Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo...AND managed to finish 3rd...it really was a ridiculous narrative.

Again, I wouldn’t advocate sacking Frank for finishing 4th but it had to be considered par really.

Going into this season, £250m spent and they have actually gotten even worse. No plan for how to integrate these players. They all look like vanity hipster signings. Did they really extensively scout Werner, Chilwell and Havertz or did they just think “these lads will do”?

Let’s be under no illusions. Frank did a poor job and has been deservedly been sacked
Pretty much word for word what I believe and feel re Lampard. Spot on.

tomaldinho1

Any Chelsea fans know if it's true Marina has wanted Tuchel for ages? Kept seeing the odd article about it and now seems very relevant.

SER19

Far better than PE teacher ole yet being sacked.

Seriously though, where are all the posters who argued that he was so much better then solskjaer. Yet another example of being able to spout any nonsense you like and never having to back it up

Posh Red

Listening to talk sport and the narrative seems to be that the foreign signings are to blame for not being good enough. You can absolutely guarantee that had one been in the same situation it would be his fault for not getting the most out of big name signings. Frank seems to have a lot friends in the media.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
He's gone from being part of the lost dressing room, more than once, to now losing it himself. Maybe they should put up a map somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.