Fred’s value

Litch

Utd player new to the club and starts poorly. Given a run of games and been consistently one of our best players and fans are still negative about him. As a DM given his pass percentage, tackles and interceptions are often the highest irrespective of who we have played against, what else could he offer to not merit being worth 50m. Someone please tell me who else there is out there that could offer more for 50m?
Like I said, what more do you lot want?

kettledrumhamster

He's a good player, playing well. He might never be great, but he always shows up, always wants the ball, and is determined to win it back when we lose it. He's probably our most consistent player of the season. At this stage of our redevelopment, I'm not really sure how anybody can criticise him. Saying he's our worst starter in 30 years or whatever - that's just attention-seeking nonsense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For someone who thinks Fred would currently be worth £50 million, how much would these superior DMs be worth?

50 million+ ? Yeah makes no sense to me, I'd take the above for at least £15 million less than that, so I'd have Fred around £30 million
I'd take Fred for £50m in today's market :drool:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m impressed by his off the ball play. Ever notice that when Maguire moves out of position, Fred immediately drops back in to a centre half role so we can retain our shape and don’t leave a gap.
Fred's positioning is a major asset to us. He's very clever in doubling up on problem players or filling the gaps.

Suvvernmanc

Fred has been our most consistent performer in recent weeks. He has sped up his overall play and his quality is showing finally. The Ukrainian league with shakhtar is a slower league and his qualities being passing and pressing were what made him look so good there.
We here on the caf didnt give him a chance and thankfully hes coming good.

I love him and hope he continues to progress.

MDFC Manager

He's doing well. Only one in the midfield who's been consistent throughout the season.

Litch

Nothing to do with salt, he’s playing well and I think okey he is having a good game, then immediately he does something incredibly stupid and I can’t settle to trust him.
When today and which player doesn't make a mistake in 90 mins of football? Not sure why some people will always seem to focus on the negative.

boxykronikle

He has been alright so far and agreed that he has been consistent throughout the season. Get McTom and Pogba play alongside him. All 3 on form would be best for us.

Redbandito

When he picks the ball up in our own half you never feel comfortable as he never seems fully in control of the ball. Anderson was a better player, and that should tell you everything about Fred.
This was true all last season and at the beginning of this one, but it’s not true anymore.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I won’t sell one of the best Premier League midfielder (based on his December form) for £50 million. He stood out in every game. 5 or 6 games in a row.

Kostov

When today and which player doesn't make a mistake in 90 mins of football? Not sure why some people will always seem to focus on the negative.
Today he nearly cost us when he lost the ball right after than corner at the edge of the box. Top class players don’t make as much brain dead decisions as our Fred does. Yeah some of us can concentrate on the negative even if the result points out to a comfortable game. Midfield is our weakest area and Fred is part of the problem imo.

Redbandito

I really really can’t see anything more than a truly average midfielder in this guy.
Then you need to go back and watch the game. Fred was good today. We controlled the midfield all day long and he was a large part of that.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Said from day 1 he is a very good midfielder and only needed to be given a run of games. Again, as always I'm proven correct.

No idea why Ole was so against playing him previously.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Getting better and better all the time.

peridigm

Said from day 1 he is a very good midfielder and only needed to be given a run of games. Again, as always I'm proven correct.

No idea why Ole was so against playing him previously.
Because we had better players available.

cyberman

He compliments Scott on a way that he is so good at keeping the ball along with Scott being able to carry it that it becomes really difficult to use tactical fouls to halt our counters.
I just hope Paul doesnt come in and slow all that down when he slips back into dancing on the ball.
Fred just needs options.

Sanchez7

His energy levels are terrific considering that was his 7th full game just in December! 630 mins on the pitch in a month is crazy.

BringNaniBack

He missed part of preseason due to wedding
I know but he was left out for far longer than warrented at the start of the season. Even when he came in a played well at first Ole would bench him again the next game.

Ranie

Excellent player; good on the ball and works his socks off. Did very well today.

peridigm

No we didn't. Ole refused to play thred at the start of this season. Who did we have available that's better at CM?
We have played primarily a 2 man MF all season. Fred did not get regular minutes until Pogba was injured.

dev1l

I know but he was left out for far longer than warrented at the start of the season. Even when he came in a played well at first Ole would bench him again the next game.
Most probably due to fitness issues..you cannot go from 0 games a week to 2 games a week.

BringNaniBack

We have played primarily a 2 man MF all season. Fred did not get regular minutes until Pogba was injured.
Yes and the likes of Matic were being played over Fred which was an error. We should have been playing Fred and Mctom behind Pogba as consistently as possible.

simplyared

Can't someone start a thread about Matic re all the undue stick he gets instead of heaping praise on average player who strings a few passes together and doesn't give the ball away for once.

spiriticon

Fred is a £30-40 million midfielder.

I probably would have taken £10 million for him 6 months ago though, so I'm very pleased with his sudden, unexpected progress

crackers0seven

Starting to look like a 50m player. Loads of energy and is quality on the ball. Making the loss of ander acceptable. He might even prove to be a upgrade on him because in my opinion he's has more quality on ball than him. Of course you expect a 50m player to hit ground running but it took him time to settle and a run of games were needed, he was lucky we were so light in midfield cause otherwise he might not have got a good run. 6months ago I'd would not have cared if he was moved on, but now I'd consider him a lost. Good starter and good squad option. Definitely more important than Jesse and pereira on current showings. A few players have put their hands up this season for their united futures and he is most definitely one of those. Keep it going Fred :devil:

The Purley King

He is the one that makes angles and passes for the back 4. Constantly on the move,
Excellent performance today and the last few games. Hope he keeps it up has boundless energy.

Fletchageddon

The fact Ole give him extra time off means there was something up with his fitness but it also expressed a level of trust that he would comeback and work hard. He's been really very good.

I think the whole team is starting to adapt physically to level of fitness needed to play the way Ole wants. Especially after the slower paced LVG + Moyes eras.

Pre seasons are crucial for fitness as you can push the players and then allow them that recovery. Which you can't do in season. Fred obviously needed more intensity and recovery to get up to speed.

I think a similar tactic is being used with Pogba. They are allowing to him to get up to speed and recover. So he comes into his form outside of the glare of matches.

Kostov

Then you need to go back and watch the game. Fred was good today. We controlled the midfield all day long and he was a large part of that.
He was good against a team that barely plays football. To be direct I am aware that he has improved in the past games, but ultimately I am not convinced he should be anything more than a squad player if we are to get back to the top.

redpatron

He's doing well. Only one in the midfield who's been consistent throughout the season.
He’s been our most consistent midfielder since carrick. When’s the last time we had a cm that we could put on the team sheet and not worry about minutes, form, fatigue, cards, injuries? Bastian and Morgan bust, Rooney was an emergency run, Herrera always injured and pulled/subbed, fellani walking red and poor player, Pogba constantly injured and missing from big games due to injuries/suspension, matic injured, poor stretch of games/form.

anybody who wants to sell our most reliable mf in years is out if their mind. He’s slowly becoming our Rakitic. He’s going to be better around playmakers and being the engine/clean up guy. Stay healthy Fred.

crackers0seven

He was good against a team that barely plays football. To be direct I am aware that he has improved in the past games, but ultimately I am not convinced he should be anything more than a squad player if we are to get back to the top.
He was brilliant against City. They play football. Real good football too.