Fred - £47m well spent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well jinxed lads, keep up the good work.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:lol:

In before some comment how he's had a good game apart from goal too, and are surprised that is criticised.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Such disgusting fans. We will have players that eventually replace this guy but until that moment he is trying his best for this club.

And you "hate him".

Good man of the match performances for us that people pretend that never happened.

Literally feck you.

We have the worst fans.

I hate most of you.

We need a CDM and that's not Fred's fault.
He’s great when we don’t have the ball, just doesn’t have any of the skill set to really assist us when we do have it. His passing is limited and lacks creativity, his shooting is far below average and his decision making with the ball is poor, which manifests itself through lots of 0-2% shots.

TrueRed79

Such disgusting fans. We will have players that eventually replace this guy but until that moment he is trying his best for this club.

And you "hate him".

Good man of the match performances for us that people pretend that never happened.

Literally feck you.

We have the worst fans.

I hate most of you.

We need a single CDM to play 433 and that's not Fred's fault.
Calm down Karen. Nobody actually hates him. He's just not a very good footballer.

El Zoido

He’s still rubbish.

Got nothing against the bloke personally though, and he works. I can respect that. He’s just not very good.

He's not exactly Xavi but looking out for posters who call him shite is a pretty good way to spot those who don't know much about football.

Ekeke

Did exactly what I was hoping he can do - if hes not going to be a resolute defensive DM, be more effective going forward and get the occasional goal similar to McTominay. Obviously its only 1, but he did really well in that move and hopefully he gets another 2 in the next months and it becomes part of his routine

Litch

Haters will hate. 1st half they were all shite, but the focus is always on Fred forensically looking at every aspect of his game. Second half played really well, scored and yet the focus is still on the negative. So called Fan's eh.....

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Really improved after the goal. Just needs to give the ball to those who can play and not think he’s Socrates

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As usual, good energy and ball winning but needs to improve with the ball

Nick7

His second half performance is similar to lots of games where you’d be in here arguing after for the whole night. Only difference is a nice goal. He’s a very good player. His engine is essential to the way we play.
He was much better in possession in the second half. What helped was the constant movement around him so he didn't need to hold onto the ball too long. He was able to give and go all half long.

luffy7

As long as he stop doing long passing and long shots, he is always needed in big games. Why? No one does it better when we are out of possession. Not even in form Pogba will go on CM as we will get overrun very easily. You cant replace him with anyone in the squad even though he is shit in passing the ball...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Fred clearly gets the Mick taken out of him by his teammates. McT laughed at him getting in the box and scoring during the post match.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He was much better in possession in the second half. What helped was the constant movement around him so he didn't need to hold onto the ball too long. He was able to give and go all half long.
I thought we looked a much better attacking side once Rashford came off. We were pedestrian trying to play him in while he was on. Same as the rest of the recent performances too many touches and whatever slowing us down. He doesn’t look fit and you can only play with what’s in front of you. Once the forwards finally came alive it makes the midfield look an awful lot better

Nick7

I thought we looked a much better attacking side once Rashford came off. We were pedestrian trying to play him in while he was on. Same as the rest of the recent performances too many touches and whatever slowing us down. He doesn’t look fit and you can only play with what’s in front of you. Once the forwards came alive it makes the midfield look an awful lot better
Yeah he doesn't look fit at all, but he's still scoring and assisting.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He's not exactly Xavi but looking out for posters who call him shite is a pretty good way to spot those who don't know much about football.
This. There are elements of the game that he looks shaky doing, but what he does bring is so great. He is a big part of why we are able to chase teams and turn games around. He is relentless.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah he doesn't look fit at all, but he's still scoring and assisting.
Ole needs to have some balls and give him a rest. We’ve got other players as we saw when Mason came on. All the stuff I’ve been calling for pressure through the middle, balls in behind and hitting early percentage crosses into the danger area. I don’t think we can do enough of that with an unfit Rashford. We become too slow/predictable or he totally wastes possession.

aaaaanyway. Woohooo lovely midfield performance. Super impressed with the fight and skill! Gwan the lads! :drool:

Mr. Ant

To me Fred is a midfield version of Nani. He's not consistent with the ball and he will frustrate you but in the same match he will also show why he's starting matches for us.

His goal started with his move and slick passing. He just needs to do that more often a be more consistent.

But we have to buy a proper defensive midfielder because to me Scott and Fred are very similar they are both better when they're in the offensive third.

Marwood

I'm with Keane, his passing was really poor.

Anything beyond basic was a struggle today.

Except for when he turned into Messi for a moment.

Nick7

Ole needs to have some balls and give him a rest. We’ve got other players as we saw when Mason came on. All the stuff I’ve been calling for pressure through the middle, balls in behind and hitting early percentage crosses into the danger area. I don’t think we can do enough of that with an unfit Rashford. We are too slow or he totally wastes possession.

aaaaanyway. Woohooo lovely midfield performance. Super impressed with the fight and skill! Gwan the lads! :drool:
Yeah been saying the same for a while. The lad needs a rest, you can see what he's about in spurts when he plays but he's looked so so uncomfortable on the pitch the last few months.

thepolice123

I'm not his biggest fan but he was superb in the second half. His goal gave him that extra confidence. He was almost like a brand new player.

Status
Not open for further replies.