Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't even dislike Fred but the fact someone sanctioned £50m to sign him is absolutely criminal. We're just absolutely shit at spending money.

Ludens the Red

Probably the worse performance from a United player I’ve ever seen.

I mean he’s technically a mediocre player but at least he usually makes up for it by running around lots and getting rid of the ball as quick as possible. Today he decided to think he knows how to play football. And that was the result .

Superunknown

We have a player in a very key position who can't pass, can't shoot, missed tackles today, can't move with the ball and can't create. We seriously need to look at upgrading on this position if we're going to seriously think about challenging.

He's reached his limit. He can run around a lot and break a few things up here and there, but we need more than that. He's too limited.

marktan

He was very poor, but he has been good for us over the last season or two. Playing with Matic and VDB can't have helped, combined the 3 of them have the creativity of a blank wall.

Dan_F

Ndidi does everything Fred does well, but better. As well as having the added bonus of being able to control the ball. Unbelievable that people have had years to watch him, and still think he doesn’t need upgrading.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You compare his performance with an actual DM with quality like Ndidi and the difference is night and day.

Too many fans get swept up in the hype that running around and looking busy means you are performing well at your job. It's not.
Ndidi doesn't run around like a headless chicken, but he wins tackles more often than not, and he can fecking pass the ball competently, whereas Fred will run and run, and run and run, and attempt a tackle, and win a few of them but no where near enough of them, and loses the ball way too fecking often. It's enough.

Drainy

I haven't ever felt real hatred for a player at United before but this guy does my nut in. All he does is run and be a nuisance for the opposition.

He's not creative, he doesn't defend well, he isn't secure in possession and he makes mistakes that cost us games. Seriously he's a dud.

Djemba-Djemba

An embarrassment today.

He's been losing the ball in dangerous areas all season long, today is just the first time he hasn't got away with it.

He's shite.

Ekeke

I know he's doing it in the Championship with Forest, but would James Garner really be worse than Fred?
Worse than that performance? No. I dont think Meijbri or Galbraith would do worse than that either.

But obviously its one match, his general level over the season is better than that

kundalini

Fred was responsible for not only Leicester's goal but also two other chances before half-time.

Needs a rest.

TrustInOle

Was bad today, but clearly isn't his level. With that said we should be looking for an upgrade, he can do a job but we should have no control when both him and Scott play.

nmm85

He's simply just not good enough. There aren't many spots in our team you can clearly say can be easily improved on but he really can easily improved on.

Heinzesight

Worse by the week and a disaster waiting to happen the last few months and it was executed perfectly with that gifted goal.

Castia

How did he stay on the pitch for so long though?

Ole sometimes man, he must be watching something else.

Fred and McTominay (I know he didn’t start today) is about as average as it gets, scary how we’d usually play Pogba out of position and leave VDB out of the starting 11 to accommodate them.

el3mel

Can't believe I thought at one he's undroppable for us. A nice reminder for me to not overly praise players like the kind of Fred again.

He's not a footballer at the moment. Whatever he does on the pitch isn't football.

bsCallout

He was very poor, but he has been good for us over the last season or two. Playing with Matic and VDB can't have helped, combined the 3 of them have the creativity of a blank wall.
It wasn't a lack of creativity that was his problem. He didn't fail in trying to be creative. He failed at doing the football basics.

always_hoping

One of the worse individual performances I have ever seen from a player. How he was kept on for 84 minutes I'll never know.

MattofManchester

He's the king of sideways passing.

Forwards or backwards and he becomes calamitous.

He's too easy to bully as well. Tielemans is not even a physical player and he found it easy to shrug him off.

criticalanalysis

I'm a fan but the last couple of months has been really bad by Fred.

It's typical though of the whole team and Ole's tactics/approach to game management. We can only perform when we're at our athletic best. The balance between physicality and technique/coaching to win and control games is too one sided on the former.

Horrible pass for their goal, but he should never be in that situation. He shouldn't be offering for the ball and Maguire shouldn't be playing it to him.

A lot of it was down to Matic leaving massive gaps and refusing to show for the ball or close players down, leaving Fred to play two positions. Surprise surprise he perked up once Matic went off and he had an actual midfield partner.

Ekeke

In the past couple of years we've had posters naming several players they dont like who "cant handle the press" despite no evidence on the pitch to suggest that being the case

Fred is our first player to genuinely be a vulnerability to teams pressing and pinching the balls from him high up the pitch. And we've seen it time and again. Obviously this was the culmination of his weakness being perfectly exploited, but its happened many times and we've got away with it. Today he had the ball pinched a good 4 or so times in DM areas and Leicester converted from 1 of them. It could have been even worse if they converted from 2 or 3 of them

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Fred was responsible for not only Leicester's goal but also two other chances before half-time.

Needs a rest.
Definitely needs a rest, looked a bit off form for a few matches.
I still think he will be part of our squad next season, but hopefully Mejbri, and possibly Garner (he may get a loan next season, pre season should tell us more) may get some matches next season, but I think he may be on his way in summer 2022.
Not a perfect midfield player, but has had some good games, especially with McTominay alongside, but today was not one of them, it doesn't help when his midfield partner is a very slow Matic.

Sylar

His worst game for us? I'm surprised he started but it's annoying he didn't come off at half time and them didn't come off with the batch of subs that happened

Said if before, but Opposition should crowd out other players and let him have the ball and then press him

sp_107

It’s not about this game, all top teams have a player creates better chances who plays in Fred position !!

We dont need 2 anchors in middle of the park when our forward players are not really doing justice this season

Ekeke

i’m not defending Fred. But Harry should know better than passing the ball to a player pressed like this
Its a completely normal position to be in and receive the ball as a DM. Leicester decided it was time to spring a pressing trap and he fell right into it, and poorly too.

If he had been caught with the ball it would have been slightly better because Leicester would have a tiny bit more work to get a chance on goal. Still a disaster, but at least it would have shown he was aware he cant pass back to the keeper there

Banana Republic

Bring back Jones !

I’ve given Fred the benefit of doubt for much of his time here and he has played a vital part in many of our better performances, even being excellent on the odd few occasions. But today was diabolical. An absolute nightmare.
Mistakes, bad passes, losing possession, getting bundled off the ball easily, failing to win any challenges or tackles, being brushed aside like a feather.....the works.

After he gifted that first goal, and continued to make terrible blunders in the first half, I noticed McTominay was warming up in earnest on the touch line. That was half way through the first half.
I thought Ole was going to be ruthless and take immediate action and pull Fred off before he caused any more damage.
But no, nothing !
No sub and Scott was sat down again. That was before we scored the equaliser out of the blue, as well.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll never be good enough to be more than a squad player at a top team. It's a technique issue. Very useful player to have in the squad, but he lacks too much of the on ball fundamentals to ever truly be set in there. His passing is pretty shit. His touch is shit. His balance is pretty shit. And he has absolutely 0 passing range with little creative vision. He's excellent off the ball, but a liability on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.