Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The whole team can't be this bad at the same time. This is why it's on manager and coaching.

Art

Art the artist
When the biggest defense of Fred in this thread from even some of his biggest advocates is “Atleast he tries”, we know we’re in an utterly dire situation with our central midfield.

Bwuk

He’s absolutely rotten, and it’s hilarious to see people on here try to stat pad why he’s a good player.

Kostov

At least he gets involved, McTominay should be absolutely ashamed of himself, only midfielder I've ever seen on a 0 hour contract. Hiding at Old Trafford, absolutely pathetic.
Give over and talk about Fred, both of them are pathetic. At least he gets involved? In what actually? Cluster fecks?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Give over and talk about Fred, both of them are pathetic. At least he gets involved? In what actually? Cluster fecks?
Fred's shit too, McTominay's just shitter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fred obviously isn’t world class but he’s far from our biggest problem either.

Keane is concentrating his frustration on the wrong man.

stevoc

Fred obviously isn’t world class but he’s far from our biggest problem either.

Keane is concentrating his frustration on the wrong man.
Saying Fred isn't World Class is a lot like saying a Nissan Micra isn't a supercar.

Adam-Utd

Saying Fred isn't World Class is a lot like saying a Nissan Micra isn't a supercar.
cool. teams have won trophies with a lot worse players in their teams/squad.

NK86

Fred's shit too, McTominay's just shitter.
Basically this. Fred runs about and actually puts a shift in. McT is like Anderson at his worst, hiding behind opponents. I mean to watch and focus on his movement is like watching a meme come alive. The guy literally moves along with his marker to ensure he stays behind him. How are the coaches ever allowing that! Just goes to show how incompetent we are at all levels when this thing either hasn't been improved or the player been benched given his position.

Our best player today, not that it's saying much. He must have covered twice the ground of anybody else in our team and actually made City players think about their game a bit.

Adam-Utd

Maybe so, any come to mind?
drinkwater at leicester stands out. could probably go through half of fergies teams and pick out some dossers that never should have been PL winners but the manager makes it happen.

Litch

For some, Utd lose straight to the Fred thread and this happens even when he is not playing. For me, calling a player who isn't good enough isn't the issue, it's more about those who ceiling is higher that should be. Maybe if those so called better players so has much heart as Fred, then at least even if we lose, would be at least trying to win. Shite hits the fan on the pitch, Fred is always the first to turn up. Bigger waste is not trying irrespective of your ability.

stevoc

drinkwater at leicester stands out. could probably go through half of fergies teams and pick out some dossers that never should have been PL winners but the manager makes it happen.
Drinkwater maybe yeah, you wouldn't find any starters in Fergie's teams though. For squad players Gibson comes to mind.

Adam-Utd

Drinkwater maybe yeah, you wouldn't find any starters in Fergie's teams though. For squad players Gibson comes to mind.
I'd argue Fabio was of Fred's ability too. Anyway yes Fred probably shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet but he'd be a good squad player.

I just find everybody picking on him a bit crazy as he's not the guy that keeps losing us games.

Ace

Fred apologists always are sure to include the phrase “covers more ground” in their defense of him and his continued, unwarranted, selection in the team. Too bad the rules of the game require him to touch the ball from time to time.

Footyislife

Let's be honest if Fred went to City he'd be playing amazingly as their B2B and we'd be saying how we suck at recruitment.

The simple issue is we don't have a proper DM and playing Fred in a double pivot is a terrible idea because he doesn't have the defensive skills.

Fred is excellent at pressing, can run with the ball, decent at picking the right pass in counter attacks. All attributes that would shine at Liverpool, Chelsea or City. Just watch how well he does with the Brasil NT under a decent coach. (It's like getting mad at Ronaldo for not scoring if the coach decides to play him as a wide winger)

Litch

Players don't buy or pick themselves. Don't think many come to be squad players either. It's all on the manager not the individual players. Squad players become that, cause there are better in their position and sorry, whilst on paper they might be, the games they have equally been bad.

Litch

Let's be honest if Fred went to City he'd be playing amazingly as their B2B and we'd be saying how we suck at recruitment.

The simple issue is we don't have a proper DM and playing Fred in a double pivot is a terrible idea because he doesn't have the defensive skills.

Fred is excellent at pressing, can run with the ball, decent at picking the right pass in counter attacks. All attributes that would shine at Liverpool, Chelsea or City. Just watch how well he does with the Brasil NT under a decent coach. (It's like getting mad at Ronaldo for not scoring if the coach decides to play him as a wide winger)
Amazing for a player who can't pass seems to be able to do so in a Yellow shirt? Yes it's international football but anyone who knows football, there is no more forensic view and criticism on a player than Brazilian football.

Wing Attack Plan R

Our best player today, not that it's saying much. He must have covered twice the ground of anybody else in our team and actually made City players think about their game a bit.
Wow. Fred was among the shittest players in a shit bunch. His job is not running around covering ground, it's to link defense into attack, help in 2v1 overloads, slow down attacks, and to spring counters. He did feck all today. Fred is a fecking disgrace and should be given away if no one will buy him.

stevoc

I'd argue Fabio was of Fred's ability too. Anyway yes Fred probably shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet but he'd be a good squad player.

I just find everybody picking on him a bit crazy as he's not the guy that keeps losing us games.
Yeah our main problem with Fred is how we us him and how often.

He's more suited to a 3 man midfield and yeah he'd be a good option to have but he's our best central midfielder probably.

Wing Attack Plan R

No. Literally none of that is true. Fred is shit at pressing, can't control a ball, passes right to the opponents, and is light as a feather when trying to win the ball back. He would never go to City because they aren't fecking stupid when it comes to signing players. Is there any player in teh premiere league in Fred's position who is worse at his job than Fred is? I seriously doubt it.

stevoc

Players don't buy or pick themselves. Don't think many come to be squad players either. It's all on the manager not the individual players. Squad players become that, cause there are better in their position and sorry, whilst on paper they might be, the games they have equally been bad.
Not sure who you are actually talking about here mate.

Wow. Fred was among the shittest players in a shit bunch. His job is not running around covering ground, it's to link defense into attack, help in 2v1 overloads, slow down attacks, and to spring counters. He did feck all today. Fred is a fecking disgrace and should be given away if no one will buy him.
And there's your problem, half that stuff is not what he's actually good at. But our manager plays him there because he doesn't know what he's doing.

In a functioning team he would actually be a very good player.

Wing Attack Plan R

And there's your problem, half that stuff is not what he's actually good at. But our manager plays him there because he doesn't know what he's doing.

In a functioning team he would actually be a very good player.
Fred isn't good at anything. He's a below average player who would probably get found out in the more physically robust Championship. The fact that Ole doesn't have a clue is not helping Fred or us, but Ole is also not the source of Fred sucking shit week in week out.

Fred isn't good at anything. He's a below average player who would probably get found out in the more physically robust Championship. The fact that Ole doesn't have a clue is not helping Fred or us, but Ole is also not the source of Fred sucking shit week in week out.
Well that's just nonsense.

Andersons Dietician

Maybe it's me but in the context of the game, thought he was one of our best players. Comments about his passing today is bullshit and basically carried Scott and Bruno who were invisible
To be honest I feel the same. He even had some nice moments of play. Even when Bruno and McT kept playing him in to trouble with hospital passes. He had quite a few situations where they put him in a position where he had no chance.

I just feel like people don’t watch Fred’s game, and only pay attention to the actions of when he is on the ball. Like take that dribbled pass stat for example. If anyone actually watched what was happening that’s completely understandable as he was moving from one player to try and get at another at impossible speeds and angles where he couldn’t adjust.

The whole team is an issue from workrate, positioning, structure, passing, movement. It’s an utter complete mess but in all honesty I feel like we need Fred because of his ability to put people under preasure and Harry them in to mistakes. For me it’s easy to see why he’s one of Oles go to guys.

Litch

Not sure who you are actually talking about here mate.
Fred and McT should be squad players but sorry Pogs and Matic haven't been significantly better. You could argue Pogs has been worst when he's played centrally. You could argue Pogs is now a squad player.

Litch

To be honest I feel the same. He even had some nice moments of play. Even when Bruno and McT kept playing him in to trouble with hospital passes. He had quite a few situations where they put him in a position where he had no chance.

I just feel like people don’t watch Fred’s game, and only pay attention to the actions of when he is on the ball. Like take that dribbled pass stat for example. If anyone actually watched what was happening that’s completely understandable as he was moving from one player to try and get at another at impossible speeds and angles where he couldn’t adjust.

The whole team is an issue from workrate, positioning, structure, passing, movement. It’s an utter complete mess but in all honesty I feel like we need Fred because of his ability to put people under preasure and Harry them in to mistakes. For me it’s easy to see why he’s one of Oles go to guys.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's the new managers guy either.....

stevoc

Fred and McT should be squad players but sorry Pogs and Matic haven't been significantly better. You could argue Pogs has been worst when he's played centrally. You could argue Pogs is now a squad player.
Right ok and what does any of that have to do with my post that you replied to? :confused:

I never mentioned McTominay, Matic or Pogba in that post and I've actually also said on this very page that Fred would be a good squad option but is probably our best central midfielder.

Litch

Right ok and what does any of that have to do with my post that you replied to? :confused:

I never mentioned McTominay, Matic or Pogba in that post and I've actually also said on this very page that Fred would be a good squad option but is probably our best central midfielder.
Didn't have the chance to read through all your previous post unsurprisingly and my point as you have just said, Fred would be a good squad option but is probably our best central midfielder. My point is as you also mentioned Gibson, there was a clear disparity between him and the starters in ability that's not here currently at Utd (only on paper). If Pogs and Matic played to their ability, we aren't having these discussions about Fred and McT...

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
When the biggest defense of Fred in this thread from even some of his biggest advocates is “Atleast he tries”, we know we’re in an utterly dire situation with our central midfield.
And the rest of the team.

stevoc

Didn't have the chance to read through all your previous post unsurprisingly and my point as you have just said, Fred would be a good squad option but is probably our best central midfielder. My point is as you also mentioned Gibson, there was a clear disparity between him and the starters in ability that's not here currently at Utd (only on paper). If Pogs and Matic played to their ability, we aren't having these discussions about Fred and McT...
It was a bit of an odd reply to that post even in isolation to be fair mate.

I was having a discussion where someone said there were worse players in some of fergies teams and I pointed out that in my opinion Gibson fits in that category but none of the starters in those teams do.

Footyislife

No. Literally none of that is true. Fred is shit at pressing, can't control a ball, passes right to the opponents, and is light as a feather when trying to win the ball back. He would never go to City because they aren't fecking stupid when it comes to signing players. Is there any player in teh premiere league in Fred's position who is worse at his job than Fred is? I seriously doubt it.
If Fred is bad McTominay belongs on the U18 team. Fred is bad in this position, but at least he tries. McTominay has been the more useless of the 2. But yet I don't see people lining up to scapegoatting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.