Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villarreal 0:2 Man Utd

Ekeke

Usually we dont get much out of the outcome of Fred pressing. Tonight was notable because not only did 2 of his presses result in attacks, but also goals. Credit to the finishes, but also to Fred for forcing errors and winning the ball and getting us on the front foot those 2 times.

MattofManchester

Poor first half. Excellent second.

He is absolutely not a DM though. Needs to be one of the more advanced with a genuine DM behind him.

Charles Miller

Usually we dont get much out of the outcome of Fred pressing. Tonight was notable because not only did 2 of his presses result in attacks, but also goals. Credit to the finishes, but also to Fred for forcing errors and winning the ball and getting us on the front foot those 2 times.
I was watching the argentinian commentators and they said Man United pressing is unorganized but Fred's stats in the pressing are very high. I dont know if its true because i dont know where to check it.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Great in the second half. Big part in both of the goals.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Guy gets unfair criticism. He's a very useful player and loads of big teams would love him. He's a constant starter for Brazil, just not as the furthest guy back. Carrick actually used him properly today and he was class IMO.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good game, his work rate is very good. Won the ball for both goals.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Thought he was off, out and injured in the first half.

Essentially won us the game, and his embrace with Carrick at the end shows exactly how well he played.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I’d like to see him paired with Fred. (The good Fred who turned up in the second half not the other Fred who’s rubbish)
Happens a lot. Looks like a championship player in the first half, then as a Brazilian international in the 2nd. Piss off Fred.

When he's on he's twice the player McT is. I don't know why people always lump them together. Fred is inconsistent, Scott is straight up unskilled.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
great performance tonight. solid passing, worked extremely hard and made both our goals with high pressure.

we missed him so much against watford.

Ekeke

I was watching the argentinian commentators and they said Man United pressing is unorganized but Fred's stats in the pressing are very high. I dont know if its true because i dont know where to check it.
Well yes, thats a good way to sum it up. Fred presses plenty, but pressing is driving away from the actual solid formation and leaves gaps that can be exploited. So you need some good outcomes from it. Today Fred had 2 very good direct results from his pressing leading to attacks.

When he presses and either others dont press with him, or he gets beaten (his tackle success rate is fairly low and gets dribbled past quite a lot) then you have a DM who has now taken themselves out of the game and you no longer have a solid shape. So he either needs to win the ball or force a mistake from the opposition where they have a loose touch that someone can pounce on or an inaccurate pass. If he presses and the player calmly and comfortably finds a pass around him its not effective

Roboc7

Be interested to see how he would get on alongside someone better than Mctominay. He often has to do the job of two players, he’s always going to have his flaws but does have something to offer.

KennyBurner

Please lets kill the Mcfred stigma. Fred doesnt deserve tp be associated with mctominay. He never has and never will. My MOTM. Need another performance against Chelsea.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Fred actually beats Kante for total presses & makes more presses higher up the pitch than him.

DarkXaero

Give Fred a more competent midfielder than Mctominay, and he would be much more consistent/better. It's sad to me that this guy has gotten more criticism and hate than Mctominay for a long time now, when he's clearly better than Mctominay.

mu4c_20le

Under a proper pressing system I think this guy can be a beast. Don't write him off just yet

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
In a high intensity pressing system, where he’s allowed to play high up the pitch he can be a weapon.

CloneMC16

Very good. This is where I want to see him play. We need an actual #6 to allow our #8's to play their natural game.

Kostov

Apart from the press which led to the goal, I think he was dreadful to be fair. Shit on the ball as usual, shit passing and caught on the ball in the first half in our own half.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Apart from the press which led to the goal, I think he was dreadful to be fair. Shit on the ball as usual, shit passing and caught on the ball in the first half in our own half.
I was thinking the same in the first half. Typical Fred performance really. Some good, some awful. Far too inconsistent over 90 mins to be relied on.

bugmat

Balon D'or material.

Or..like all the other players started nervously, then grew into the game and ended playing very well in an area more like his natural position.

Devil may care

There's a weird internal battle going on, on the Caf where some have decided to select one of McFred to champion and blame their consistent feckery on the other, newsflash! Neither are good enough to be starters if we are ever to challenge for a PL or CL, tonight Fred was ok, as was McTominay, both played a part in the 2nd goal.

arthurka

Shit he was terrible for large part, he got better in second half. Jesus he ain't a DM. Did well when we started to press.

He was good higher up the pitch, which is where he should be playing. Held the midfield together on his own because as usual his partners were doing nothing (DVB) or in McTominay's case actually making it harder for him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If he had someone like a Casemiro/Rice behind him he would be so good.
I agree, he’s not a DM. If he can work higher up the pitch he could be very useful if we want to press more in a 433. Obviously he has limitations but also has uses. Would love to see him in front of a midfielder who can control the game better than Scott can. With Bruno the other side.

Bwuk

He’s never a DM, and if played as a #8 without a play making #6 behind him he isn’t good enough on the ball.

If we had someone like a De Jong, Jorginho etc hed be fine playing as a #8. But if we played him as a #6 behind Donny & Bruno it’d be suicide.

RuudTom83

McFred get tonnes of abuse (most of it warranted tbf hehe sorry boys) but they will both be so much happier when United finally buy a DM to sit behind each of them.

* I wouldn’t play both of them together once said DM arrives.

But for the terrier style hounding to get the ball back style…Fred is very good.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That was his speciality by winning the ball in opposition half or somewhere not near our penalty box. Casemiro next to him could make Fred's asset be more effective as Fred will be assigned further up the pitch to press.

Status
Not open for further replies.