5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Fred is not a DM and neither is mct and they're both playing that role. Fred is better than mct further up.
McTominay just isn't good enough - full stop. Fred has shown glimpses of being a very useful player recently. Long may it continue.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Fred is not a DM and neither is mct and they're both playing that role. Fred is better than mct further up.
Yeah both of their biggest weaknesses are their defensive awareness so are never more than average dms if that.

I think it's no contest that Fred offers much more.

McT is all braun and nothing else. Whereas at least Fred can offer a bit of creativity and passing from either foot, to go along with his pressing which is elite level.

Last edited:

Sylar

I am convinced, had he gone to Man City, he would be considered a great player.

Firstly, they wouldn't have wasted him in defensive midfield for 3 or more seasons. Since Solskjaer was sacked, Fred has been playing further up the pitch and has managed to go joint-second for assists for all CMs in the Premier League (5). All of them came after Solskjaer's sacking, so 28th November 2021 onwards. He must have one of the best assist to game ratios as CM in the league, possibly even the best. 5 assists in 14 games as a CM.

At the moment, he has a goal contribution (assists + goals) of 1 to 2 games as a CM. That is great.

Secondly, he suits a pressing team far more than what Manchester United are. Someone posted a table on here a few months back showing Fred as our top presser, but the gap to second was ridiculous. He was like 150 ahead over the course of the season up to that point.

I feel he is a player that is going to go down as one who was wasted.
Also its no surprise that in second halfs, we see him still pressing and running around, but helped by nobody else. His stamina is good for the most part (Maybe were over reliant on him too much)

He certainly seems much better higher up. Im guessing we have usedhim as a DM when Matic cant play, because hes 'athletic'. Meaning he can get around. Its a waste. You can see why he would have been used in a City squad that keeps the ball, and recyles the ball, because as soon as its lost, his high press (in tandem with colleagues) would be perfect for getting it back within seconds.
He also wouldnt have to hit Scholes type passes (which hes not good at) in a city system.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There really is nothing like hearing the collective roar that goes up when a player performs a piece of skill like that.
I think with Fred it was a combination of shock that it came out of him too :lol:

what a first half performance that was. Such a shame it didn’t end up being a goal as it would have been remembered forever

Lee565

It's funny but with every new manager that fred has played under at united, he has improved with each passing one, fingers crossed that trend continues under the next manager

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Fast becoming the only player I like in this team.
Been like that for me since last season. I like Fred and I liked James. On match day it feels like too many of the rest of them are just Ltd companies giving their brand some more exposure. Fred and James are actually Liverpool style players. Fred would have been sick in that city midfield. You can really see now why they wanted him. What a competitor

acnumber9

Probably a default man of the match for not being completely awful. Though I thought he lost the ball cheaply on the goal.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Easily the player of the season, almost start to feel sorry for him that he has to play with either just tryharders (McT) or talented lazy feckers (Rashford). Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave. He's exactly what every top team needs in midfield next to players with more "flair" players.

Strangely it is him who creates the most chances for us these days, tireless tracking back, intereceptions tackles in crucial areas starting great attacks, one touch quick , progressive passing, a bit of flair from time to times as well, and still enough energy to make a run forward and score an odd goal. Fantastic player in the pool of dross.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Probably a default man of the match for not being completely awful. Though I thought he lost the ball cheaply on the goal.
Ah come on that last bit is harsh, he won it well and broke well with no one to support the counter. Can't remember who was on his right (Dalot?) but he would have slipped it to the wing much quicker if he was further up

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Jeezus christ, are you serious? He's done immensely well to drive the ball forward, escaping two players only for Fernandes to jog forward and not commit in the challenge. Never change redcafe posters..

Ali Dia

He was breaking forward after winning the ball? He left a 50 50 ball after getting tackled. Pogba then proceeds to stroll (does he have any other gear apart from rash tackle?) out to Maddison. It was horrible. Sums up our other players level of guile and commitment! That fella is on some of the biggest money in the league/team. To stroll around and spray the Odd long ball? The game has moved on

Ekeke

He's been better the last month or so where he's been used as an extra player in our attack. When he loses the ball it doesnt tend to be so near our own goal and quite as costly because we have a DM always behind him. He's also looked to be playing with more freedom and trying flicks etc with some working out and he's more resiliant holding off physical challenges where he would fall over previously.

We need need a DM for sure like the past 2 years but theres the chance Fred has a role in our midfield too continuing to play further forward and joining the attack, not just pressing as one of the front players and then playing deep again

Ekeke

He was breaking forward after winning the ball? He left a 50 50 ball after getting tackled. Pogba then proceeds to stroll (does he have any other gear apart from rash tackle?) out to Maddison. It was horrible. Sums up our other players level of guile and commitment! That fella is on some of the biggest money in the league/team. To stroll around and spray the Odd long ball? The game has moved on
I mean it was a mistake that shouldnt have happened, but he's not playing as a DM at the moment so when he's the furthest man forward on a break and loses the ball there simply has to be enough about the rest of the team to defend the attack.

led_scholes

From August 2019 till today, he is the only player - then joined by Bruno- who can hold their heads up and say that they gave all. He is a really good box to box. He has had some atrocious games as a DM because he is not one.

Golden Nugget

Easy goal - but that only happens cos Fred is always actively running.

Should have got an assist too - agains from his hard work with his pressing and intercepting high up the pitch.

GL21

As one of his critics, fair play to him for one more positive performance in a dreadful dreadful team. Today one of few above average performances. He has improved a great deal in recent months and is a rare glimmer of light in this disgusting team. I am happy to back track and say I believe he has a place in our next side but still think this is only as a squad player as we cannot sell everyone. Honestly feel for united standards currently only DeGea, Varane, sancho and Bruno are good enough to be considered regulars. Elanga has all the makings and Greenwood would most certainly have been worthy.

city-puma

I really rate him. The thought unavoidably pops up in my mind that he probably wastes his peak time in our team because he wins nothing here.
Can he still keep his level next season? I hope he can and eventually win something here.

ti vu

The biggest culprit for the conceded goal is Dalot. He was jogging slowly behind everyone thus playing Maddison onside. That gave Leicester ability to play that counter at quick pace. Be it Fred in Pogba position with all his heart, Maddison would still have enough time to put same cross in.

We simply couldn't make a simple defensive line/ offside trap line, could we? For a quite a long time now, even under Ole, it looks like our defenders can't communicate, and stay on same wave line when it comes to work as a unit.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If we could inject his attitude, spirit and stamina into some of these other fecking chancers, we might not be that bad at football.

ti vu

Was odd we kept playing as DM for us previously
Shoehorning and bad squad building/recruitment means that we have no DM, and have to play somebody else in Fred preferred role while forcing him into DM.

Ali Dia

I feel like Fred wasted so long here being forced to play a position he was no good at and he did it to his maximum effort with a smile on his face. Look at Rashford on the right or asking Pogba to play a more disciplined role? They look like they are at a funeral and the excuses from their fans are never far away. More Fred, less of the other stuff and we’re be in much better shape . Been saying it since 2019

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ole wasted him. He did well under Ole too, but Ole wasted him. The guy can genuinely be a top box to box midfielder and Ralf has gotten a really high level out of him. Need the next manager to build off that for sure. Use Fred and Bruno as 2 8's, get a proper controlling #6 to sit behind them properly and we'll go a long way to having some control in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.