Fred is one of the most underrated players in England

MikeeMike

Fact is what happened and what you said is not fact but assumption with big IF because it didn’t happen, players like McT, Tuanzebe, Maguire could have block the shot and DDG could have save it because it was an outside box shot with low xG.

The fact is we won the match because we won the midfield battle and Fred was part of the midfield.
“Fact is what happened and what I said is not fact”. Please. I said his blunder COULD have cost us points. You cannot accept that this occurred? Does not matter who could have done what after with “low xG”.

I hope he continues to improve and I will hold my hands up and say you were right. But if we fail to win vs WBA on saturday please feel free to continue the Fred defense

UNITED ACADEMY

“Fact is what happened and what I said is not fact”. Please. I said his blunder COULD have cost us points. You cannot accept that this occurred? Does not matter who could have done what after with “low xG”.
You think I’m stupid that I don’t know you are exaggerating things here huh? Blunder means stupid mistake, opposition player played a good skill doesn’t mean it’s blunder from the other player. Explain yourself how do you see this as blunder, so far you are just blindly calling it blunder.

I hope he continues to improve and I will hold my hands up and say you were right. But if we fail to win vs WBA on saturday please feel free to continue the Fred defense
And if we win vs WBA please don’t waste people time exaggerating small thing, and see the bigger picture instead.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've always rated Fletcher and Carrick. I don't rate Fred. He's got nothing on those two. Carrick especially. Fred doesn't have the same intelligence as Carrick had, and far less composure on the ball. There's no finesse or thought to his game.

I think it's a measure of how far we've fallen that we're rating Fred as one of our best midfielders. And I'd agree with that, he has been one of our best midfielders recently.
He's obviously not at Carrick's level, but he really should be partnering a player like Carrick. They'd compliment each other perfectly IMO. It's why I think he should be mostly playing next to Matic, who is nowhere near Carrick either but he's the closest thing we've got.

Personally I'd say he's better than Fletcher was throughout most of his career, although obviously Fletch had that 12-18 month period where he was great. Fred hasn't reached that level yet.

MikeeMike

You think I’m stupid that I don’t know you are exaggerating things here huh? Blunder means stupid mistake, opposition player played a good skill doesn’t mean it’s blunder from the other player. Explain yourself how do you see this as blunder, so far you are just blindly calling it blunder.

And if we win vs WBA please don’t waste people time exaggerating small thing, and see the bigger picture instead.
Watch again. From the throw in he is ball watching and Coleman totally open behind him. He misses the ball totally as Coleman turns him. Then jogs into the box even letting Everton No6 run past him (who could have recieved pass). Blunder might not be the most accurate word but, out of position, poor tackle, lack of effort to rectify is plain to see.

UNITED ACADEMY

Watch again. From the throw in he is ball watching and Coleman totally open behind him. He misses the ball totally as Coleman turns him. Then jogs into the box even letting Everton No6 run past him (who could have recieved pass). Blunder might not be the most accurate word but, out of position, poor tackle, lack of effort to rectify is plain to see.
It's not out of position, all of that started from Everton cross on the left flank and Fred was in the middle (picture below), Coleman was never his man to mark to begin with but it was Tuanzebe's man. Fred moved to the right to cover the big space not to mark Coleman.

You are criticising Fred's effort because Cavani or Bruno didn't track back Allan, really? Let me tell you something if Coleman decided to pass to Allan, Fred would have sprint to stop Allan because the distance between the two are not far and Fred could easily cover it and we have seen this happened times and times again how Fred cover lot of grounds.

You are exaggerating things and making things up from an event that isn't one individual's fault and not even a good chance to be likely a goal.

MikeeMike

Stop now. Not the 93rd minute moment.

But, as you posted an image. Check Fred ball watching whilst leaving 3 against 1 in the box.

UNITED ACADEMY

Stop now. Not the 93rd minute moment.

But, as you posted an image. Check Fred ball watching whilst leaving 3 against 1 in the box.
Are you not reading? I just told you, it was how the 93rd minute moment started to tell you that Coleman was Tuanzebe’s man to mark during the event. You are blindly blaming Fred but ignoring the fact that if Tuanzebe aware where his man was, the event wouldn’t happen to begin with.

Tuanzebe, Maguire & Pogba were in the box marking those players. Did you really think there was only Lindelof in the box, if you don’t know what’s happening don’t pretend you know something by making things up. There is no need to force yourself to make an agenda.

MikeeMike

Are you not reading? I just told you, it was how the 93rd minute moment started to tell you that Coleman was Tuanzebe’s man to mark during the event. You are blindly blaming Fred but ignoring the fact that if Tuanzebe aware where his man was, the event wouldn’t happen to begin with.

Tuanzebe, Maguire & Pogba were in the box marking those players. Did you really think there was only Lindelof in the box, if you don’t know what’s happening don’t pretend you know something by making things up. There is no need to force yourself to make an agenda.
Calm please sir. I respect your view and I kindly ask the same. I am refering to Doucoure miss which would have made it 2-2. Fred was caught out in allowing Coleman a free run and cross. In you image , Lindelof has 3 Everton players around. If Tuan/Harry and Pogba are marking them then your definition of marking is different to mine.

I highlighted a potentially costly mistake by Fred and that is all. Let’s move on eh?

UNITED ACADEMY

Calm please sir. I respect your view and I kindly ask the same. I am refering to Doucoure miss which would have made it 2-2. Fred was caught out in allowing Coleman a free run and cross. In you image , Lindelof has 3 Everton players around. If Tuan/Harry and Pogba are marking them then your definition of marking is different to mine.

I highlighted a potentially costly mistake by Fred and that is all. Let’s move on eh?
Sir, I can't keep repeating myself more than three times to tell you that he build up of Doucoure's chance was started from the first screen shot I showed you.

Marking doesn't need to be 30cm with the player, if you know you can cover the space then you are already have eye on players and it was already 4 v 4 situation, we had Tuanzebe, Maguire, Lindelof & Pogba. Fred was in there to cover the big space.

After the ball was crossed, Pogba decided to chase the ball towards Iwobi and Fred decided to cover the other space. Coleman was behind Fred before he received the ball, Tuanzebe failed to follow him (2nd screen shot below).

You are quite ignorant about it and I'm trying to give you the information so you can stop wrongfully blaming individual player.

MikeeMike

Sir, I can't keep repeating myself more than three times to tell you that he build up of Doucoure's chance was started from the first screen shot I showed you.

Marking doesn't need to be 30cm with the player, if you know you can cover the space then you are already have eye on players and it was already 4 v 4 situation, we had Tuanzebe, Maguire, Lindelof & Pogba. Fred was in there to cover the big space.

After the ball was crossed, Pogba decided to chase the ball towards Iwobi and Fred decided to cover the other space. Coleman was behind Fred before he received the ball, Tuanzebe failed to follow him (2nd screen shot below).

You are quite ignorant about it and I'm trying to give you the information so you can stop wrongfully blaming individual player.

Well I cannot post screen shots but 8seconds after your clip Fred is ball watching and should be goal side. There is no one else to blame for Coleman getting in behind and creating what could have been 2-2. I tried , respectfully , to ask you to stop with the insults but you continue. I’ll sign off on this thread.

UNITED ACADEMY

Well I cannot post screen shots but 8seconds after your clip Fred is ball watching and should be goal side. There is no one else to blame for Coleman getting in behind and creating what could have been 2-2. I tried , respectfully , to ask you to stop with the insults but you continue. I’ll sign off on this thread.
You know, instead of blaming Fred and ignoring Tuanzebe, may be you should give me explanation why didn’t Tuanzebe follow his own man (Coleman)? Why didn’t he tell Fred that he decided to ignore his man and leaving Coleman to Fred to mark?

That 8 seconds or whatever second was you mentioned Tuanzebe was still ball watching & mark no one. He had no reason not to stay tight with Coleman, the creating chance wouldn’t happen If Tuanzebe does his job. I tried, respectfully, to ask you to stop wrongfully blaming individual player but you continue to show your agenda.

Foxbatt

Sometimes he is being asked to do too much. If he doesn't have to cover for his teammates then he would be better.