Free Agents in Summer

Fabio Rochemback

Didn't realise Zaha's contract was up in the summer. I'd take him on a free for sure. Tielemans maybe, depending on how Sabitzer performs for the remainder of the season and what sort of wages each of them would ask for.

daba

Lots of interesting free agents this summer:

Tielemans
Benzema
Ndicka
Kamada
Thuram
Zaha
Rabiot
Dembele
Dahoud
Lerma
De Vrij

I personally think any of the above could something to our squad, whether that’s as a first teamer, squad option or back up.

1. Benzema
2. Kamada
3. Tielemans
4. Ndicka
5. Rabiot

These would be my preference in order. Benzema would be first because, well he’s Benzema, he’s a winner, he would give us a good option for a couple years, and I’m not blown away by any of the other main ST targets this summer or their proposed values.

I also don’t think it’s completely unrealistic given we have Casemiro and Varane here and there must be a reason he’s not signed a new contract yet…

Matthew84!

Zaha and Tielemans
Sell Donny and Elanga.
Modric and Kroos are in their last year too but both are getting on abit,
If Nevas is available,,him too and sell McTominay.

daba

Dahoud any good now ?
He’s been out for a large part of this season but had come back recently and has played a few minutes coming on as a sub. Will be interesting to see how he finishes the season.

croadyman

Lots of interesting free agents this summer:

Tielemans
Benzema
Ndicka
Kamada
Thuram
Zaha
Rabiot
Dembele
Dahoud
Lerma
De Vrij

I personally think any of the above could something to our squad, whether that’s as a first teamer, squad option or back up.

1. Benzema
2. Kamada
3. Tielemans
4. Ndicka
5. Rabiot

These would be my preference in order. Benzema would be first because, well he’s Benzema, he’s a winner, he would give us a good option for a couple years, and I’m not blown away by any of the other main ST targets this summer or their proposed values.

I also don’t think it’s completely unrealistic given we have Casemiro and Varane here and there must be a reason he’s not signed a new contract yet…
Yeah we need them two to get on the phone if he decides not to renew at Real,would also have Rabiot higher up list IF he could provide some cover for Casa. No doubt that Tielemans could also provide the chance to rotate Eriksen too

croadyman

Didn't realise Zaha's contract was up in the summer. I'd take him on a free for sure. Tielemans maybe, depending on how Sabitzer performs for the remainder of the season and what sort of wages each of them would ask for.
Something tells me Zaha wouldn't entertain coming back here,however wouldn't be least bit surprised if he ended up at Arsenal

Fabio Rochemback

Something tells me Zaha wouldn't entertain coming back here,however wouldn't be least bit surprised if he ended up at Arsenal
I guess we'd probably be his last choice if there were other big clubs in for him. Arsenal are reasonably well stocked in that area and Balogun has done very well on loan, presumably he'll be brought into the fold next year. Spurs or Newcastle maybe?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
In what world is Rashfords transfer value only 55 mill yet mason mount is 75 mill.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Following on from the Eirksen signing last summer, I hope we do keep targeting some shrewd free agent pick-ups. It's a fun type of signing.

Nero

When will the myth of Youri Tielemans end? He's average as feck.

Irwin99

Zaha is available on a free? :eek: Surely not. Bad move from Palace to let his contract down.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
After watching Antony and now Sancho, I can't turn my nose up at Zaha on a free. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Zaha is available on a free? :eek: Surely not. Bad move from Palace to let his contract down.
You think they've not been madly trying to keep him?

It was madness of Zaha to sign such a long term deal there. It's killed any chance of a move until now.

Irwin99

You think they've not been madly trying to keep him?

It was madness of Zaha to sign such a long term deal there. It's killed any chance of a move until now.
I'm not sure I understand his situation correctly but I was just more surprised that they didn't try to shift him when the contract had 1 or 2 years left rather than let him see his contract out. I'm not 100% convinced by him but in this crazy market there's a 50 million sale there, surely?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not sure I understand his situation correctly but I was just more surprised that they didn't try to shift him when the contract had 1 or 2 years left rather than let him see his contract out. I'm not 100% convinced by him but in this crazy market there's a 50 million sale there, surely?
I'm sure a sale to Everton fell through at some stage. But he's probably been more important for them to keep then for the reward to be honest.

ForeverRed1

When ten hag wanted rabiot in the summer pretty much everyone was underwhelmed and laughing at us. I don’t think any other club was in for him and he very publicly nearly came here but didn’t because of his mothers demands. I even read an article yesterday thanking his mother that he didn’t come because it got us Casemiro.

Rewind and he is playing brilliantly in serie A. A number of clubs are now looking at him and he’s free in the summer. He will have a pick of a few clubs. Arsenal favourites. Playing on fire this evening with two goals. Rabiot next to Casemiro wouldn’t be terrible at all.

Conclusion: ETH knows football.