Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crackers0seven

Yea ,why not wait 7days to go for him again....its not like we need him for the 3rd league game..checks diary, Liverpool.. yeah frenkie sit this one out

MiracleInMadrid

Met Marcel on Monday,
Told me we might go for Frenkie on Tuesday
Mikky said no on Wednesday
And on Thursday, Friday, Saturday
A new lever, Sunday
The amount of amazing song contributions in this thread is astonishing. I vividly remember a couple of great lyrics over Eminem tracks.

We might not get the player, but we should have enough songs to put together a small songbook.

OmarUnited4ever

I think initially they wanted to get away with not paying the 17M and even recently the compromise figure they were offering was reported to be only 6M. Mental really but they want to have their cake and eat it obviously, judging by Laporta's gut that is his approach to most things. They figured Frenkie would eventually cave and if they could keep 11M of what they owed then it was worth acting like cnuts all summer. It may have backfired though and could cost them the whole enchilada, sorry Joan just brings out the food analogies in me.

I think back in June FDJ wanted to stay but genuinely communicated to us that if Barca paid him off he would be open to the move. I am starting to think that by being such utter twats Barca have misjudged how stubborn Frenkie can be and he now has decided that even with a payoff he is not leaving and he is going to make them fulfill the entire contract. Barca are beginning to wake up to this reality and the stories today about his agent blowing off a meeting with them is the ultimate power move, he has a contract, it is iron clad so what is there to talk about? I anticipate Barca becoming truly desperate ahead of the transfer deadline and it is going to be fascinating to see how they play this.
Agree with you.

On the bolded part though and if I'm being the devil's advocate here, I think Barca would've paid the 17m to De Jong, my guess why they haven't done it yet is because they don't want to set a precedent as they want to get rid of other players like Umtiti and Braithwaite, who might demand to be paid before they leave

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I really doubt this is the case because there were multiple reports of FDJ / Agent being very unhappy with Barca to the point that they were ready to file a complaint with FifPro.

I think the wages are the sticking point and he will leave Barca one way or the other. (either Barca or one of United / Chelsea cover most)
The agents are unhappy. That hasn’t changed De Jongs mind. The agents have been working out all sorts of numbers, then Frenkie made them get in Insta and give thumbs up to how much he loves it in Barcelona.

IF Frenkie leaves, I think he wants it clear and in the record that it wasn’t his choice. He knows how the Barca spin machine operates.

Plus I genuinely believe him when he says he wants to stay. They are acting like no one at the club would be in wages like his, but outside of his deferred fees that doesn’t appear to be true. Lewa and Alva both look around the same level.

They are asking him to make mid table PL money (50 % wage cut and the deferred erased would be like 9m a year). So they are trying to insult him into leaving, and making him look greedy. Even if you absorbed his full deferred wages he’d still be making less than Ronaldo I think.

De Jong is world class, and a star. He’s making star-but-not-superstar money.

If they want him gone, he is going to make them work for it.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Why would either Barcelona or De Jong’s agent say “absolutely stop trying, we are concerned about your team and the time you are putting into this” ?

They want as much attention and leverage as possible no matter which direction this goes

Gearbox Paddy

I’m constantly refreshing Gerry Rosemarys twitch feed hungry for news.

It was cliff edge stuff last night live outside the restaurant. Much better than anything the UNITED STAND could offer.

George The Best

Agree with you.

On the bolded part though and if I'm being the devil's advocate here, I think Barca would've paid the 17m to De Jong, my guess why they haven't done it yet is because they don't want to set a precedent as they want to get rid of other players like Umtiti and Braithwaite, who might demand to be paid before they leave
Agree with this, but they could have sorted it without buying just one of their new toys. Seems Barca treat players like slaves much more than Ronaldo thinks we do.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ooh, get her! Bet you’re fun at parties! :wenger:
I am not sure how fun I am at parties, you'd have to ask people at parties with me, but why and how do you care about how fun anybody is at imaginary parties, while talking about football? Weird

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
That is conjecture only. Nobody linked to Chelsea has said anything of the sort, in fact outside of one Chelsea source and some Barca muppets Chelsea have never indicated they are even interested and that source has been conspicuously silent for a few days now.
Oh mean like - nobody at United has admitted we are in for FDJ, or that we have agreed terms with Barca, and United has also been silent for a while (more than days) about it now? We must also not be in for FDJ and this is all about nothing.

Hello! Clubs don't talk about players of other clubs, until something is signed. Did you just get into football and have not seen anything?

TheReligion

Abusive
Why would either Barcelona or De Jong’s agent say “absolutely stop trying, we are concerned about your team and the time you are putting into this” ?

They want as much attention and leverage as possible no matter which direction this goes
United have an agreement with his agent according to Van der Kraan

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I am not sure how fun I am at parties, you'd have to ask people at parties with me, but why and how do you care about how fun anybody is at imaginary parties, while talking about football? Weird
“A retort against someone who takes a fun conversation way too seriously, to the point their very presence is a buzzkill.”

“(1) A dejected loser who initially engaged in debate has ventured out of their depth, and now attempts to break for the intellectual fire-escape by using a phrase he himself has been the recipient of previously. This dejected loser will return to his parents' basement and continue to research the topic at issue in an attempt to prepare for the imminent rematch for which no one requested.”

Hope that helps.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
“A retort against someone who takes a fun conversation way too seriously, to the point their very presence is a buzzkill.”

“(1) A dejected loser who initially engaged in debate has ventured out of their depth, and now attempts to break for the intellectual fire-escape by using a phrase he himself has been the recipient of previously. This dejected loser will return to his parents' basement and continue to research the topic at issue in an attempt to prepare for the imminent rematch for which no one requested.”

Hope that helps.
:lol:

NoLegendary

I’m fairly sure there was a link to Paredes a week or two back and it was roundly shot down as being a stupid idea because he’s not good enough.
being not good enough for what? To win us CL, I agree (especially because we’re not in the CL)… to win us PL, i also agree… but he is not good enough to replace McFred?

Gandalf

Oh mean like - nobody at United has admitted we are in for FDJ, or that we have agreed terms with Barca, and United has also been silent for a while (more than days) about it now? We must also not be in for FDJ and this is all about nothing.

Hello! Clubs don't talk about players of other clubs, until something is signed. Did you just get into football and have not seen anything?
Thank you for your sarcasm.

Barca and United have briefed openly that a fee with United has been agreed, I mean there are only about 100 reports of it in places like the Athletic along with actual video footage of Laporta saying it. The story about Chelsea being willing to pay the 17M was a comment in a tweet from a journalist saying it was believed Chelsea would be willing to do so. Do you see the difference?

Did you just get into reading and have not learned to comprehend anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.