Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammondo

Is a player who would actually want to play for us not a better fit than one who absolutely does not......?
Yes but when someone says "X player is a better fit" it's expected they are referring to how they play football.

Irrational.

Chelsea are most likely favourites. Boehly is a huge transfer muppet and he’ll just cast aside some of Zakaria, Kante, Kovacic, RLC, Chukwuemeka, Mount, Gallagher or Jorginho to make space.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You guys are getting to the clingy stalker stage now. I’m not sure how many public responses of not interested you need before you walk away.
On the face of things many would think this was a weird thread bump but you're clearly hurt over another shit result for your club so if coming in here throwing mud around makes you feel better you do you

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You guys are getting to the clingy stalker stage now. I’m not sure how many public responses of not interested you need before you walk away.
Why is this thread getting a bump? From Chelsea fan as well. Chelsea fans are weirdo.

NoPace

He's coming home.

Interesting. I think if I was them I would sell Ferran, Kessie and Ter Stegen, as I could see getting lucky with youth players or free transfers for their spots (right-footed wing forward, GK and a depth type defensive midfielder are not the toughest spots and for the first and third of those, there's the young Moroccan Abde and multiple decent free transfer options and Nico looked good to me last year though I guess he's struggling at Valencia).

Probably not enough, though. Have to sell De Jong, find a cheap DM on a free like Jefferson Lerma and hope he plays the best football of his career.
The big move would be just selling Pedri or Gavi for 200M but I don't think they want to go. Also not sure who would pay it. Maybe Chelsea? 150M and Mount for Pedri might help both clubs if Boehly is willing to spend the dough. I guess PSG could bail them out with something like 170M and Soler or Fabian Ruiz for Pedri.

NoPace

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ten-Hag-DOES-want-join-Manchester-United.html

Take this with a pinch of salt if you will but there seems to be promising signs for this happening during the summer, especially with our recent form and possibility of being in champions league
I mean people here are mad he didn't want to join, but he just saw Pogba basically ruin his club career by coming here in his prime. It seems reasonable to me to want to wait to see if Ten Hag is a success or flop before coming.

Lyng

If, and thats a big if, he wants to join us in the summer, we should go all out. He is extremely press resistant which is what is the issue with playing Christian in the central midfield. Having Casemiro and De Jong and then having Bruno and Christian for the 10 role would be ideal and that midfield would be among the best in the world to be honest.

yfoFC

I mean people here are mad he didn't want to join, but he just saw Pogba basically ruin his club career by coming here in his prime. It seems reasonable to me to want to wait to see if Ten Hag is a success or flop before coming.
Plus that damned deferred wages. Notwithstanding, I'd like him to come as he's cheaper than Enzo Fernandez and might suit us better.
Fingers crossed

BorisManUtd

Well if he is to leave Barca they won't get the money they were looking for last summer. I hardly ever watch Barca so don't know how good he actually is and if he is consistent enough to become top player.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Annoys me he clearly didn’t fancy it last year but now probably sees the progress and has had a change of heart, combined with the realisation Barca is a sinking ship. A smarter brain could have seen that all coming in the summer.

BorisManUtd

Annoys me he clearly didn’t fancy it last year but now probably sees the progress and has had a change of heart, combined with the realisation Barca is a sinking ship. A smarter brain could have seen that all coming in the summer.
It's totally understandable to me. I had no clue where were we going back in July. Then after Brighton and Brentford losses I geniunely thought we were finished at top level for good. Barca are a mess, but you don't leave them for another mess of a club, it doesn't make sense.

prateik

We need a striker.. we dont have money.. how the feck are we going to sign him? If we can scrape together some money, it should go towards a striker first..

feck off Barca.. find another buyer.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It's totally understandable to me. I had no clue where were we going back in July. Then after Brighton and Brentford losses I geniunely thought we were finished at top level for good. Barca are a mess, but you don't leave them for another mess of a club, it doesn't make sense.
You only needed to look at what Ten Hag did at Ajax to at least have some faith he’d have us in decent shape. Now that we are going to be sold we’ll be even better placed.

JB7

christ :lol:

prateik

All about the summer.
Oh.. in that case, why is it in the news? A lot can change.. we might/might not be in the CL.. we might have new ownership. There might be other clubs interested.
A bit pointless thinking about this now if we arent serious about making the bid now.

BorisManUtd

Laugh at me all you want but a decade of failures (and the fact Casemiro and Antony were only brought in after those games) made me really miserable about United :lol:

You only needed to look at what Ten Hag did at Ajax to at least have some faith he’d have us in decent shape. Now that we are going to be sold we’ll be even better placed.
Success at Ajax doesn't guarantee success at United, especially the mess United have been for years.

Remember the geese

Oh.. in that case, why is it in the news? A lot can change.. we might/might not be in the CL.. we might have new ownership. There might be other clubs interested.
A bit pointless thinking about this now if we arent serious about making the bid now.
Agreed. He seems a bit of a flaky character and him signing for us will be massively dependent on where we finish in May. I don't think the original source is all that reliable anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.