Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Being trolled by his hamster faced fiancée is all you need to know about his chances of leaving Barca. :rolleyes:
He was a turtle,
She was a hamster,
Can I make it any more obvious?

He played football,
She did feck all
What more can we tell?

He wanted Eccles
She'd never move
Secretly she wanted Vimto too,

But all of her friends
Stuck up their kecks
They had a problem with his baggy neck

He was a Ten Hag boy
She said, "See you later, boy"
He wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face
But he could attack the space
And Casemiro's hamster face is cuter

*Shit guitar solo played on broken two string ukelele*

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
He was a turtle,
She was a hamster,
Can I make it any more obvious?

He played football,
She did feck all
What more can we tell?

He wanted Eccles
She'd never move
Secretly she wanted Vimto too,

But all of her friends
Stuck up their kecks
They had a problem with his baggy neck

He was a Ten Hag boy
She said, "See you later, boy"
He wasn't good enough for her
She had a pretty face
But he could attack the space
And Casemiro's hamster face is cuter

*Shit guitar solo played on broken two string ukelele*
Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?

jackal&hyde

Should still be our main target. A top class mid that will control the game and improve the build up. Him with Eriksen as rotation would make us elite. Provided we can also get some level of back up to Casemiro.

croadyman

Should still be our main target. A top class mid that will control the game and improve the build up. Him with Eriksen as rotation would make us elite. Provided we can also get some level of back up to Casemiro.
Yeah and if we get rich ownership look to see if permanent deal for Sabitzer is possible

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I agree. We should spend another summer chasing a player who has no interest in joining, should we @Shakesey ?! :wenger:
I hope we stuff Barca home and away and give lil frank some food for thought!!

lex talionis

As far as I can tell, Frenkie has no interest in leaving Barcelona for United. A few quiet phone calls here and there to see if he's changed his mind are fine, but we can't be wasting time with him as we did last summer.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
As far as I can tell, Frenkie has no interest in leaving Barcelona for United. A few quiet phone calls here and there to see if he's changed his mind are fine, but we can't be wasting time with him as we did last summer.
Exactly. Ten Hag and the transfer team need to be picking their targets now and asking them if they’re interested in joining, if so then we can negotiate with the clubs. We can’t be leaving it until the window opens and then chasing 1 player all window.

Kaos

Does Hannibal play like this guy?
No.

Frenkie is a unique talent, I can see why we (futilely) chased him all of last summer.

Only player I'd say possesses some stylistic similarities that I know of is Fabian Ruiz, but even that's a bit of a stepdown.

zaafi

No.

Frenkie is a unique talent, I can see why we (futilely) chased him all of last summer.

Only player I'd say possesses some stylistic similarities that I know of is Fabian Ruiz, but even that's a bit of a stepdown.
They have absolutely nothing in common. :confused:
Fabian Ruiz is not a dribbler and is not even a bit press resistant unlike Frenkie de Jong whose strengths are both dribbling and press resistance.

Silverman

A double pivot of Casemiro and FDJ would be a sight to behold. The control in midfield would be staggering

Strootman's Finger

A double pivot of Casemiro and FDJ would be a sight to behold. The control in midfield would be staggering
Our only hope is Frenkie thinks this too. His heart is very much in Barcelona, and now he is an integral part of the team. He isn't going anywhere.

BerryBerryShrew

Does Hannibal play like this guy?
No.

I think our own Iqbal is the closest player stylistically to FdJ which makes EtH's reluctance to use him after a promising pre-season a bit perplexing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Our only hope is Frenkie thinks this too. His heart is very much in Barcelona, and now he is an integral part of the team. He isn't going anywhere.
They still have to contractually pay him half-a-million a week though as long as he's there. People acting as if it's all good now - this will never not be a problem so long as Frenkie remains on his current deal. He's not a local lad and he's not a striker. No matter how well he's playing, the issue remains. He wasn't for sale because he was shit in the first place.

Strootman's Finger

They still have to contractually pay him half-a-million a week though as long as he's there. People acting as if it's all good now - this will never not be a problem so long as Frenkie remains on his current deal. He's not a local lad and he's not a striker. No matter how well he's playing, the issue remains. He wasn't for sale because he was shit in the first place.
He wasn't shit, but he wasn't first choice and he wasn't playing, they wanted their Barca players playing, Busquets, Gavi and Pedri. I don't follow Barca on a day to day basis, but I know he's a regular in the team now and performing at basically his peak ability. Not even factoring in that his woman seems to have put her foot down. I wouldn't be surprised if he agrees a compromise on those wages that highly benefit Barca.

NLunited

I recently read that FdJ was doing well in his ‘new’ position, as a 6. What they should have said is his correct position.

Feck Xavi.

croadyman

He wasn't shit, but he wasn't first choice and he wasn't playing, they wanted their Barca players playing, Busquets, Gavi and Pedri. I don't follow Barca on a day to day basis, but I know he's a regular in the team now and performing at basically his peak ability. Not even factoring in that his woman seems to have put her foot down. I wouldn't be surprised if he agrees a compromise on those wages that highly benefit Barca.
Yeah he looks much more secure now which Mikky will be absolutely delighted about

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Find it hard to believe we wouldn't have gone as far as travelling to Barca if we got zero encouragement from his camp
Shouldn’t be that hard. It’s exactly what we’d do. Barca told us they were willing to sell and ETH wanted him, hence we went all out. Whether he wanted to come or not was irrelevant to us, like Di Maria.

croadyman

I sensed some smugness in the screenshot floating around where she's asked when Frenkie's coming, and she says the 23 -2 I guess.
Oh very smug indeed,surely there is someone out there who has similar dribbling through midfield and key passing ability

Ceteris

Are we really saying that in world football we cannot find a similar player to this guy that we will spend another summer chasing him??

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
are you implying it could've been more obvious?

I agree. We should spend another summer chasing a player who has no interest in joining, should we @Shakesey ?! :wenger:
I hope we stuff Barca home and away and give lil frank some food for thought!!
yes I could use another 300 posts. And I heard it's more ecologically sound to start using trains.

dinostar77

Yeah that's the frustrating thing
Definately. There was a really good point made by tifo i r l on youtube on its analysis of bruno fernandes.

ETH likes a midfield three who compliment each other and make up for deficencies for each of them as a midfield three as a whole. Tifo i r l demonstrated this with pizza charts overlays of the two best midfields ETH had at ajax. Overlay the three midfielders and the pizza chart is complete with no areas lacking. ETH has done that twice and had great success when the 3 man midfield is completed with the right players.

Run the same charts with bruno + casemiro and most likely it will show what is needed from the '3th' midfielder to make the pizza chart complete. Its a player with the talents of a frenkie de jong. Someone who can hold onto the ball, break the press, dribble with it etc.

If frenkie doesnt happen then hopefully we can get a midfielder who can do what frenkie can do albeit not to his level. I think kovacic from chelsea on a free could do a job.

In a nutshell the ideal midfielder to compliment bruno and casemiro HAS to be someone who can carry and dribble to a very high level. Nothing less.

Anyway video i mentioned is below. 5 min mark onwards

Baxquux

Unstated in that video but Odegaard obviously arrived at Arsenal (initially) on loan and then in a mid-price deal from a different league. It's very clear that we need someone who can break the lines both with dribbling and short/medium passes under pressure, as well as established competition for Bruno. We could alternate with dribbing and short passing-focused 10s like Sancho and Amad, but that still leaves us with the issue of an 8 who's sufficiently mobile and able to both control and quick transition. In the absence of Iqbal and Mainoo stepping up in the next couple of years to that level - which would be unfair to expect - who could we get with that profile. I've seen Madrid linked with Sucic or Majer - would either of those players substitute for De Jong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.