Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Bro

If I was ETH, Sabitzer will be the last midfielder I will buy.

I couldn't believe the kind of football I saw Zidane Iqbal and Savage play during preseason, I expected them especially iqbal to have opportunities in the first team. The understanding between them was breathtaking.

Mainoo is ready. In fact in my mind I already hear commentators scream Mainooooooooo!
Hannibal is almost ripe. Reminds me of young Steven Gerrard's aggression.

Hansen-Aarøen and Gore have impressed me also.

Borussia Teeth

If I was ETH, Sabitzer will be the last midfielder I will buy.

I couldn't believe the kind of football I saw Zidane Iqbal and Savage play during preseason, I expected them especially iqbal to have opportunities in the first team. The understanding between them was breathtaking.

Mainoo is ready. In fact in my mind I already hear commentators scream Mainooooooooo!
Hannibal is almost ripe. Reminds me of young Steven Gerrard's aggression.

Hansen-Aarøen and Gore have impressed me also.
I like your optimism but we'll be lucky if one of these makes it long term. Probably two max.

Big_Bro

I like your optimism but we'll be lucky if one of these makes it long term. Probably two max.
I hope they can all be integrated it into the first team, I'm really optimistic having a coach that came from where it has been done over and over again.

Fahad Jawaid

I think the matches against Barca will also have a big bearing on whether we are able to sign him or not.

I read it on the Barca thread that they still have alot of losses and in order to spend any cash they basically have to reduce their expenses 4 times, so they are pretty fecked and except Gavi, Pedri and Arujo I think they will sell any player if the price is right.

So us beating Barca and doing well this season may tempt him that we are doing well, we will be in champions League and also won a few cups hopefully, plus showing him we can compete and beat his side which are on the up.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is really inviting pressure before making that perfect pass. At times he is holding the ball too long. Guess it's Xavi ball.

Still a classy player. Would be perfect for Casemiro.

Irrational.

What's the verdict from those who watched the match?
He's a solid player but it's clear he doesn't fit into Barca's system. They don't really have a role for him with Pedri and Gavi in the squad.

I hope he can see what he can bring to ETH's squad - there is a FDJ shaped hole in the XI. :drool:

avgp_1

Not his role the lone #6, struggled with the physicality and especially with Pedro going off and noone to drop deep and move the play

zaafi

He'd be a cracking player here and a perfect fit imo. Someone in the match day thread said he can't keep up with the PL's intensity and it's just a really weird thing to say, as if Will Hughes or Philip Billing will dominate him in the midfield.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I said it before, but it’s just FDJ, we shouldn’t waste another transfer window waiting for him to decide if he wants to join or not.

Cloud7

I don’t see it. Not for the huge fee and huge wages he would command. He’s not worth chasing for an entire summer and then chasing the year after again.

He played in a midfield three, versus our midfield two, which isn’t even our best midfield, and was anonymous.

Abraxas

Piss weak tonight. Probably their worst midfielder. Between him and Kessie. Didn't get involved. Has he really got the personality to play here? You can see why Barca are somewhat apathetic about him getting a leading position in their squad.

Pronewbie

Peep
Been saying it since the start of the season. Gavi and Pedri are clear, and deservedly start ahead of him before Busquet was dropped. He leaves such a massive hole in the middle of the park and simply isn't worth the trouble of Barca building a team around him. Not with those 2.

Member 125398

He’ll continue to look that way as long as hes not given more freedom in the middle
Does that include the national team too? Because he's been fairly anonymous for them too when I've seen them, which isn't a great deal tbf.

zaafi

I don’t see it. Not for the huge fee and huge wages he would command. He’s not worth chasing for an entire summer and then chasing the year after again.

He played in a midfield three, versus our midfield two, which isn’t even our best midfield, and was anonymous.
Strange way of looking at it. With Pedri and Gavi in their team, Frenkie de Jong won't be given the freedom to do what he does best. Xavi is trying to make him something he is not.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Honestly after that don't want, looks a big money flop written all over him. Get Bellingham instead

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Does that include the national team too? Because he's been fairly anonymous for them too when I've seen them, which isn't a great deal tbf.
Hes been good for national team when Ive seen him. Today he played 6 as the deepest midfielder. It doesn't suit him in my opinion

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Not overly impressed, played some decent stuff, but didn't grab the game at all. I wouldn't want to sign him for an exorbitant fee.
Personally I would rather see Amad, Hannibal, Mainoo and Shoretire getting game time.

zaafi

Honestly after that don't want, looks a big money flop written all over him. Get Bellingham instead
Because Bellingham had such a great game last night :lol: I mean, his best abilities are dribbling and driving forward with the ball. Being the lone #6 against a pressing United team isn't exactly going to allow him to showcase his abilities.

Member 125398

Hes been good for national team when Ive seen him. Today he played 6 as the deepest midfielder. It doesn't suit him in my opinion
Fair enough. I haven't seen him a lot. Don't think we will or should sign him though, he seems to be in his comfort zone where he is.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
lil bitch will be begging to join us now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fair enough. I haven't seen him a lot. Don't think we will or should sign him though, he seems to be in his comfort zone where he is.
I think we need a player like him. Doesn’t have to be him of course

Abraxas

Strange way of looking at it. With Pedri and Gavi in their team, Frenkie de Jong won't be given the freedom to do what he does best. Xavi is trying to make him something he is not.
How does that explain why he offered virtually nothing to the build up? He is supposed to be a technically good midfielder with passing skills. Just because he may not have the same freedom to move forward as much or dribble or whatever doesn't explain such a weak display. He was poor in some of the fundamentals at this level of midfield play. It's not as if he comes here and the only thing he's asked to do is get the ball on the turn and do what he likes. We'll need him to show personality and ability to impact the game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Because Bellingham had such a great game last night :lol: I mean, his best abilities are dribbling and driving forward with the ball. Being the lone #6 against a pressing United team isn't exactly going to allow him to showcase his abilities.
He's going to get eaten alive in the PL

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not overly impressed, played some decent stuff, but didn't grab the game at all. I wouldn't want to sign him for an exorbitant fee.
That happens an awful lot for a fee that's been discussed. Am certain ten Hag would massively improve him and Casemiro is perfect partner, but we shouldn't spend the whole summer trying to buy him.

Almost like he need us more than we need him. If he can't see it, well, so long.

Vapor trail

Don't know why I feel he would fit like a glove in this midfield alongside Casemiro. He would add composure and genuine passing qualities to pick up the forward runners. Only really Bruno is capable but FDJ would also help in the transition from midfield to attack. Having a player of this quality against teams that sit aswell is a huge asset.

mu4c_20le

He was good in the first half, had Fred chasing shadows a few times. Faded a bit later, should've gotten hooked.

Teja

He was being babysat by kessie, so don't give me that lone 6 argument. He was free to drive forward and did so a reasonable amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.