Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caid

Frenkie would reject it. He isn't leaving Barcelona anytime soon.
I think he might but the wages would need to be matched at a minimum and with the backdated wages thats a crazy figure. So either Barcelona pays the backdated wages, which they wont they're the entire reason they want to sell him or the buying club does. City have no budget so maybe they'll pay it.
I think thats just to get him to the negotiating table. Not particularly wanting to move from Barcelona, them being title winners and in the champions league every season mean there isn't much you can tempt him with beyond even more money. Its the kind of deal only City can do.
I think its dead in the water for any normal club for another year or two.

Stadjer

His fiancé is pregnant so another reason for him to stay where he is i guess. Not wanting the stress and hassle of moving across Europe is another reason for wanting to stay at Barcelona? I mean, you could use it as a reason if you really dont want to move atleast.

Last season i had hopes that he would move to Manchester United. Not anymore. He will stay at Barcelona.

kidbob

No doubt he’ll run to City if given half the chance. His “love” for Barca has always been bullshit, he just didn’t want to join us.

Walter Sobchak

His fiancé is pregnant so another reason for him to stay where he is i guess. Not wanting the stress and hassle of moving across Europe is another reason for wanting to stay at Barcelona? I mean, you could use it as a reason if you really dont want to move atleast.

Last season i had hopes that he would move to Manchester United. Not anymore. He will stay at Barcelona.
He fecking better

NLunited

I think he might but the wages would need to be matched at a minimum and with the backdated wages thats a crazy figure. So either Barcelona pays the backdated wages, which they wont they're the entire reason they want to sell him or the buying club does. City have no budget so maybe they'll pay it.
I think thats just to get him to the negotiating table. Not particularly wanting to move from Barcelona, them being title winners and in the champions league every season mean there isn't much you can tempt him with beyond even more money. Its the kind of deal only City can do.
I think its dead in the water for any normal club for another year or two.
Everything indicates he wants to stay in Barcelona. Laporta is just trying to push him out again. It won‘t work.

Walter Sobchak

Yes 100% agree, apologies if that came across the opposite. Basically saying if he won't (he won't) come to United then he may stay in Barcelona. Last thing we need is City securing him.

caid

Everything indicates he wants to stay in Barcelona. Laporta is just trying to push him out again. It won‘t work.
Pretty much. You cant blame him, why would he want to move?
As it stands hes playing every week for his dream club in a city he loves for 500k a week (or more?) and winning trophies. What can you offer that will get near that?

NLunited

I think he would be the perfect player for Manchester United but if he isnt joining Manchester United i rather see him stay at Barcelona. Him joining City wouldnt be good at all from a Manchester United perspective.
He would be better for us than City, by far. He is dynamic which doesn‘t really fit 115 Charges FC. He would do brilliantly at MU.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Frenkie is definetly not on the market this season.

- After Busquet's departure, he is the only worldclass defensive midfielder we have left in the squad.
- Xavi finally figured it out how to use him. He showed his best performance last season. Xavi has said it several times this season after his strong performances. Frenkie is for him a keyplayer.
- Frenkie himself refused a transfer last summer, although the club put the most pressure on him. He said it several times, he's at the club of his dreams and wants to stay as long as possible.
- Laporta said, in hindsight not selling him was the best decision, given his strong season.

As a journalist, how do you come up with a transfer rumour based on these facts? It's either cheap klick baiting, or zero knowledge.
Especially talking about a swap with Bernardo. Yeah, the club would swap the last defensive midfielder for an attacking midfielder, because we don't have enough of them already with Pedri, Gavi and Gundogan.

I can imagine him being on the market (with his approval) earliest summer 25. He has a contract until 26 and the club will make him an ultimatum to lower his wages or there will be no renewal, so he will have to make a choice to stay with lower wages or move on.

redshaw

They seem obsessed with Silva.

It's a bit of a shame as without the oil money at City he'd probably be playing for Barca long ago. He seems to really want to play for Barca but money talks right now.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If this is true Barca are quite possibly in big trouble. Madrid less so but still very bad news for both.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ource=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-onward-journey

Uefa cut off Barcelona and Real Madrid’s future revenue stream lifeline
Exclusive: Catalan club may struggle to comply with financial fair play rules after sale of future earnings defined as debt, not profit

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been told by Uefa that the cash generated by the sale of future revenue streams – including broadcast deals and other media assets – will not be considered as legitimate profit in their financial fair play (FFP) consideration.

The decision puts huge pressure on Barcelona to comply with FFP in the next cycle, and goes some way to explaining why Real’s activity in the transfer market has been so limited – aside from Jude Bellingham’s arrival.

Uefa has treated Barcelona’s sale of a range of future income streams for around €700 million last summer, as debt. The same was the case with Real’s €360 million sale of future income from the remodelled Bernabeu to the US investor Sixth Street last summer.

In both club’s financial results published for the benefit of their members, who are the clubs’ ultimate owners, those up-front cash payments in return for a stake of future earnings have been presented as profit.

Uefa announced on Friday it was fining Barcelona €500,000 for its latest FFP submission, signalling another crisis for the club. Barcelona had tried to submit a portion of its sale of 25 years of future income to US investor Sixth Street – understood to be €266 million – as legitimate revenue for its FFP consideration for the most recent financial year. That was rejected by Uefa and the club was heavily fined for erroneous accounting practices in relation to FFP.

Hammondo

If this is true Barca are quite possibly in big trouble. Madrid less so but still very bad news for both.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ource=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-onward-journey

Exclusive: Catalan club may struggle to comply with financial fair play rules after sale of future earnings defined as debt, not profit

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been told by Uefa that the cash generated by the sale of future revenue streams – including broadcast deals and other media assets – will not be considered as legitimate profit in their financial fair play (FFP) consideration.

The decision puts huge pressure on Barcelona to comply with FFP in the next cycle, and goes some way to explaining why Real’s activity in the transfer market has been so limited – aside from Jude Bellingham’s arrival.

Uefa has treated Barcelona’s sale of a range of future income streams for around €700 million last summer, as debt. The same was the case with Real’s €360 million sale of future income from the remodelled Bernabeu to the US investor Sixth Street last summer.

In both club’s financial results published for the benefit of their members, who are the clubs’ ultimate owners, those up-front cash payments in return for a stake of future earnings have been presented as profit.

Uefa announced on Friday it was fining Barcelona €500,000 for its latest FFP submission, signalling another crisis for the club. Barcelona had tried to submit a portion of its sale of 25 years of future income to US investor Sixth Street – understood to be €266 million – as legitimate revenue for its FFP consideration for the most recent financial year. That was rejected by Uefa and the club was heavily fined for erroneous accounting practices in relation to FFP.
Damn, huge hit for Barce, they need to hold their youngsters.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I like that you posted this in the Frenkie thread :cool:

criticalanalysis

I keep hearing about Barcelona's lever. Think we should go for him if he pairs well with Case as the pivot.

NLunited

I think Barça’s levering days are numbered. They might have to sell some players to get their shit together.

Jacob

Nothing dramatic will ever come out of this. We have heard it for ages now. Color me cynical but they will somehow manage. Rules seemingly don't apply to them.

mav_9me

Not sure about the veracity of this. Hasn't been reported anywhere else has it?

Yakuza_devils

Feck UEFA, they can't handle City when they are so blatantly cheating and now they are going after RM and Barcelona? Feck off, show us you are serious with FFP first with City before these bullshits again. UEFA FFP is nothing when City can piss on them. Feck the toothless UEFA

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Feck UEFA, they can't handle City when they are so blatantly cheating and now they are going after RM and Barcelona? Feck off, show us you are serious with FFP first with City before these bullshits again. UEFA FFP is nothing when City can piss on them. Feck the toothless UEFA
They are going after both spanish clubs, because they dared to cut them off from wealth and power. A mafia like organization can't allow that. You're allowed to raise and launder money as much as you can, as long as you do it under Uefa's reign and they take their share.
But barca already said they will go, if neccessary to the highest court, so the matter is not closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.