Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

Very much different profiles yes, but both would play alongside Casemiro and Bruno if signed, so basically fighting for the same position. Mount is a great presser higher up the pitch and a goal threat for sure, but FdJ smokes him in almost all midfield metrics. De Jong is world class, Mount is a good player imo, but not someone who's going to take us to the next level.

I'm having too much fun with these charts I should stop

Didnt we agree a ~60M deal for FdJ with Barca last year? That's similar to what Chelsea are asking for Mount tbf.
FDJ is an absolute beast. I thought it was £80m, no?

croadyman

Despite all the hysteria and ‘not agains’ of recent pages, I’ve not even seen one journalist say that we are trying to sign Frenkie. No idea where all the ‘we need to just give up’ and the like has come from, nobody has alluded to us pursuing him, and everything suggests that we are pursuing other midfielders. A conversation about nothing.
Only a tier 1 journo for Barca but we know nothing is moving him from his "dream club"

croadyman

I’ve seen no Barca journo say we are pursuing him.
Well what the journo actually said was Barca needs to sell players. This could include De Jong but the problem with that is no one wants to leave

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well what the journo actually said was Barca needs to sell players. This could include De Jong but the problem with that is no one wants to leave
Yep, that’s literally all that has been said. Nothing about Manchester United being in pursuit at all, this thread has kind of just run with that quote. Which is fine, discussion board and all that. I’m just pointing it out in light of all the ‘when will we learn’ shit I’ve been reading.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah Erik has really gotta find an alternative who can offer our midfield a similar skillset
There really isn't anyone as good as him unfortunately, so more so than finding an alternative he'd have to revamp what he wants his midfield to be.

croadyman

There really isn't anyone as good as him unfortunately, so more so than finding an alternative he'd have to revamp what he wants his midfield to be.
Maybe that explains him moving more towards that Mount/Caicedo profile of midfielder

Highfather_24

FDJ is an absolute beast. I thought it was £80m, no?
Last season we agreed a fee for 65M euros. That was never the problem, De Jong just doesnt wanna play here. If it was upto me, I would bid 80M for him and give him 350k. Instantly takes our midfield to the next level.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Not even a single substantial link but here we are on the 65 page of this thread.

OrcaFat

lock it up !
I hope a whole load of people tell Laporta and the rest of those a-holes to get fecked. They were so desperate to force him out, now they’re claiming to be so clever for resisting the big offers.

Yorke to Cole

The best thing Frenkie De Jong will ever do at Old Trafford, is to have the ball smashed at him by Bruno Fernandes whilst lying on the ground.

He, Laporta and Barcelona can eff off.

Ahmer Baig

According to The Sun Man City want to sign FDJ for 90 millions.

We'll it's only Sun reporting but if he goes to City I would love to see the state OF this forum.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

We'll it's only Sun reporting but if he goes to City I would love to see the state OF this forum.
They’ve lost 1 midfielder in Gundogan and they want to buy 2 :lol: there all about squad depth. It’s unreal.

aeh1991

If he goes there the caf will explode haha

morree

Yeah that would really suck if true, especially for Erik since it's so clear that he likes this player so much.

NLunited

Yeah that would really suck if true, especially for Erik since it's so clear that he likes this player so much.
He would be exchanging one cheating club for another. I don‘t think this is true btw.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

It's the sun, it's just another one of their crappy clickbait headlines looking to gain some free clicks from irate United fans. We know how it goes...

NLunited

Probably indirectly telling Man City to up their bud
He is such a liar, he was pushing him out the door so hard. Where I am at is that Frenkie should stay there and milk every penny out of them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can’t see why they would buy Kovacic and then De Jong.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Frenkie would still be a dream addition to United, but after last year it seems the least likely thing to happen. Then again, maybe the calming of the storm gives Frenkie more room to decide what he really wants too, since the battles of the ego has had its peak, and he clearly beat Laporta and the Barca fans who all pretty much attacked him less than a year ago.

But while Frenkie would be perfect, even if he does come you cannot rely on one player too much. Maybe it's good in a way that he didn't come because it did offer a way to try different setups, and thus different solutions to the midfield problems of United. Now someone like Rabiot for instance seems like a pretty good addition, while last year he'd seem a misfit (at least to me). Even Mount sounds more like someone who ETH could mould into a useful CM, who will not be Frenkie (or even Eriksen I think), but who will offer much more control than Fred.

It's still that someone like Frenkie offers way more cover to imminent suspensions (and injury, loss of form, etc) of Casemiro. So if Mount and/or Rabiot are the only covers brought in, I think you'll run into a lot of the same as last season whenever Case isn't available the way you want him to be. In that sense it sucks that Rice won't come, and we're still kinda stuck hoping for a player who won't come. Heck, even Neves would've been nice with such a responsibility.

You guys think someone else linked to United will over the Eriksen-relief and the Case-cover that Frenkie would have? How big is your level of trust in that FDJ-alternative?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Even if they sign a peak Messi and CR7, I wouldn't be worried. Their squad is as perfect as it can get already and they can only play 11 players. So feck it.

Laurencio

I might be wrong, but I don't think it was the colour red that was the reason why Frenkie didn't want to leave his "dream club" Barcelona.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Frenkie would still be a dream addition to United, but after last year it seems the least likely thing to happen. Then again, maybe the calming of the storm gives Frenkie more room to decide what he really wants too, since the battles of the ego has had its peak, and he clearly beat Laporta and the Barca fans who all pretty much attacked him less than a year ago.

But while Frenkie would be perfect, even if he does come you cannot rely on one player too much. Maybe it's good in a way that he didn't come because it did offer a way to try different setups, and thus different solutions to the midfield problems of United. Now someone like Rabiot for instance seems like a pretty good addition, while last year he'd seem a misfit (at least to me). Even Mount sounds more like someone who ETH could mould into a useful CM, who will not be Frenkie (or even Eriksen I think), but who will offer much more control than Fred.

It's still that someone like Frenkie offers way more cover to imminent suspensions (and injury, loss of form, etc) of Casemiro. So if Mount and/or Rabiot are the only covers brought in, I think you'll run into a lot of the same as last season whenever Case isn't available the way you want him to be. In that sense it sucks that Rice won't come, and we're still kinda stuck hoping for a player who won't come. Heck, even Neves would've been nice with such a responsibility.

You guys think someone else linked to United will over the Eriksen-relief and the Case-cover that Frenkie would have? How big is your level of trust in that FDJ-alternative?
Rabiot signed a new contract with Juve

Status
Not open for further replies.