Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If we got him last summer, pretty certain we don't Casemiro. Think it worked out pretty well...
Definitely. I was a skeptic at the time, but for all the ‘Frenkie is exactly what we need’ posts in the summer Casemiro has definitely bought something out midfield was missing. That, and he’s a boss!

Sviken

Frenkie shouldn't even be mentioned as a name that we should be pursuing. We don't need mercenary players that don't want to play for United. This is one of the main things that left us in the 10 years mess that we were in. Also, he's simply not worth 100 million. Not even remotely.

FujiVice

It seems clear as day it wasnt a "De Jong or Casemiro" choice. They'd be dynamite together.

OmarUnited4ever

Meh.. good player but not someone we should desperate to sign.. if we can bring him in I would be happy since Ten Hag knows him very well, but if we don't bring him then whatever really

Telsim

He will struggle with the intensity of the PL. Nowhere near worth the fee or the wages. I'd look elsewhere.

Chief123

Although I’d like him at Utd it’s a bit concerning he was pretty anonymous in both legs!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
When he needs to step up, he wilts instead.

He's performing well until the game intensifies and everyone goes into hyper mode. Hype mode used to be his arena, and it just isn't anymore; it's just too many games it happens in.

I don't have particular qualms about him coming here, but I don't think he's the player you can put any stock in when the going gets [really] tough. He wants no part of that smoke at precisely the time he should be dominating play.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Don't get the hype around him watching him over both legs, looks very average.

And yes, I waited for him to sign in the FDJ thread like the rest of us :lol:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Literally his only asset is to drive with the ball forward when he's got time and space. He had only on one occassion and that's definitely not good enough for a top club we are again aspiring to be. Understand the profile of the player but he lacks any kind of intensite and advanced passing skill. Not sure why are people creaming about him, he's only a decent short passer but Spanish league is played in very different tempo.

Remember when Andreas Pereira played like prime Scholes in one of the (or two!) preseasons and cup games..and he wasn't even suited to that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.