Frenkie De Jong - Part 3?

Rake

Dutch media reported that he will be out for 5/6 weeks but that making the Euros is still very much possible.
Wasn't it confirmed that he has a sprained ankle? Not a horror injury by any means.

Anyway, I think the ship has sailed. He has regressed and probably will find it difficult adapting to the PL. Not to mention the fee and wages.

caid

Dont they owe him about €30m a year or something stupid for the last 2 years of his contract? There's loyalty payments or other bonuses on top of his already insane wage.

Demaw

You know with this ankle injury and big money owed to him, we will probably get him now. The Spanish palm off.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You know with this ankle injury and big money owed to him, we will probably get him now. The Spanish palm off.
That injury will most likely be healed by the Summer and of course we will be in for him, ten Hag values him very highly and you can be certain he’s going to be near top of his wish list.

Pronewbie

Peep
For the kind of money required, I genuinely don't think Frenkie's a suitable transfer target. Top midfielders these days are expected to be able to do everything at a decent level. He's a defensive liability and physically weak in the positions he play.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If we sign this player it means that we haven't learned from our past mistakes. Just let it go. He didn't want to come here before, so why should we take him now. Move on and find someone who actually wants to play here...

criticalanalysis

For the kind of money required, I genuinely don't think Frenkie's a suitable transfer target. Top midfielders these days are expected to be able to do everything at a decent level. He's a defensive liability and physically weak in the positions he play.
Agreed. He's reaching his peak age and will want a massive contract. He's had a lot of injuries these past couple of years as well so you just know he will not acclimatise to the PL without even more issues.

It sounds like such a Utd thing to do though but hopefully INEOS rule this out.

But then I'm tempted to say we should sign Modric if he leaves Madrid this summer. Reunite him with Varane and Casemiro even if just for the Summer friendlies before we get rid of them :lol:

Stadjer

Football association doctor (i suppose that is a decent translation?) says that there is no reason to assume that Frenkie wont make the Euros. Good news for our national team.