Frenkie De Jong - Part 3?

Because of wages he deferred in covid

Thanks for clarification. IMO, we shouldn't be looking at someone who has no intention to be here and also another ETH's recommendation.

If the new Ineos Team is the one making the calls it will be different story altogether.

Have we not been embarrassed enough here already?

He doesn't want to come. He wants to stay at Barcelona.

A big part of the problem we've had over the years is paying obscene transfer fees and wages for players who don't really want to be here e.g. Di Maria.

Let him stay at Barcelona like he wants, and let's find someone who actually wants to join us.

Has he ever done anything that amazing?

Seems like an overhyped player still riding on his potential as a young player.

Verrati 2.0

Avoid. Mainoo means we dont need De Jong.

He isn't even that good anymore, I don't think any big team is interested in him anymore besides us (in the cafe at least).

When was the last time you saw De Jong impacting a big game? He doesn't score nor assist much I know his role is more about controlling and recycling but still every time I've watched barca he doesn't seem to do anything impactful.

He certainly hasn't lived up to the expectations of his younger self from Ajax. Just like de Ligt that champions league run with Ajax made many of us believe they were meant to be world class but they haven't been able to reach those levels again.

For the fee and the wages it's a clear no, he's 27 so not really young anymore to think he'll significantly improve. There are plenty more promising players we could get for the money it would take to bring him.

Also the fact he rejected us makes me believe he'd only come here for the money' and we all know how that would turn up.

This ship has sailed. Time to get him was 2 summers ago and he didn't want it. Move on

Could see him rejuvenated in case of a swap with bernardo silva provided that city don't go under first.

Kovacic
Rodri
De Jong

Could be pretty neat.

I only care for players who want to be here and play for the club, it's the most basic requirement. It's neither a sufficient requirement nor a slam on him, but it's a requirement nonetheless. Has de Jong ever indicated he feels that way? Move on.

Barca want to sell him but De Jong doesn't want to move away from Barcelona, therefore sell him to Espanyol or Girona.

The weirdest thing was ETH coached him before. I presume they are close or at least in contact. He had made it very clear that he wanted to stay at Barcelona. Then why did we chased him all summer?

I presume Barcelona keep trying to pushed him out but he refused and finally stayed. He has done nothing so far to justify why he was our top target previously.

We can't be going back to someone who had pull all stops to join us. Move on!