g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony BoB

Curious: If Barcelona's wage bill restrictions only relate to registered players, can they get away with just not registering him and letting him sit there as an employee who does feck all? I doubt this would ever happen but I'm curious how they cover things like that.

Rolaholic

Reacting to the news mate. Not looking good. Boehly got humiliated all summer, needs to make a statement.
So his big statement would be to send a nice financial boost to the same club that's embarrassed him all summer?

Not to mention they're already well stocked in midfield as it is and seemingly have no intention to sell anyone there...

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Reacting to the news mate. Not looking good. Boehly got humiliated all summer, needs to make a statement.
Yep and they'll do that by signing a player they don't need, from a club that has hijacked 2 players from them in the last month. Don't see it happening to be fair with you.

Withnail

Curious: If Barcelona's wage bill restrictions only relate to registered players, can they get away with just not registering him and letting him sit there as an employee who does feck all? I doubt this would ever happen but I'm curious how they cover things like that.
He's already on the books. I believe the issue is they can't register new players. They had an issue with Messi, I believe, because he was out of contract.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We need to stop taking "the player doesn't want to leave" so literally.

There is every chance that actually means "the player doesn't want to leave... until he's paid what he's owed"
It’s quite telling that Romano keeps saying he has no intention of taking a pay cut. Unless Barcelona pay him his deferred wages he would be taking a pay cut to join us.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Basically they're fecked if he doesn't take a paycut or accept a transfer :lol:
I thought that why they have the levers ? I refuse to believe a player like Lewa and his lawyers would join Barca without having a clarity on this, especially when the new players went through the situation last year.

Loony BoB

He's already on the books. I believe the issue is they can't register new players. They had an issue with Messi, I believe, because he was out of contract.
Ah, so it's not like in England where they declare each season which 25 or whatever players they will register for that season? They are permanently registered based on contract instead?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I thought that why they have the levers ? I refuse to believe a player like Lewa and his lawyers would join Barca without having a clarity on this, especially when the new players went through the situation last year.
That's what I was thinking too. Like Laporta goes into a meeting with Frenkie, telling him all will be fine, then in comes Lewa and his agent and Laporta tells them it's all fine cause they're offloading Frenkie.

Or, of course, levers.

We need an rvn

I don’t think they can register the players because of the % of wages to turnover or something like that.

hence it doesn’t matter if they register frenkie or move him to janitorial duties as his wages will still go through the accounts. Plus Barca would look absolutely silly not registering a £70m player and let him sit there earning millions doing nothing

mu4c_20le

Same.

I'll be buzzing if he comes this summer, but i'll be quietly satisfied to see him at Barca next year, knowing they're having to pay him silly wages. Scum
Why are you posting the Leicester manager in the FDJ thread?

The Urban Goose

Can't we have

Shameless? asking to be paid money you were promised is shameless?
It's a great summer for people in debt. I've just pledged to HSBC that I will pay my mortgage, and if they ever try to enforce it I'll call them out as being shameless.

Loony BoB

I don’t think they can register the players because of the % of wages to turnover or something like that.

hence it doesn’t matter if they register frenkie or move him to janitorial duties as his wages will still go through the accounts. Plus Barca would look absolutely silly not registering a £70m player and let him sit there earning millions doing nothing
Fair enough. Kind of hope he stays with them and they can't register a new signing, would be kind of hilarious. I wonder who else they can offload besides FDJ if he sticks to his guns on this? Will be an interesting time.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It's a great summer for people in debt. I've just pledged to HSBC that I will pay my mortgage, and if they ever try to enforce it I'll call them out as being shameless.
Ill try that at Tesco later, just walk out with my shopping and scream about how its unreasonable and shameless when they expect me to pay or it

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Interesting thread

As a note, RafaelHernandez used to have anime profile pic for years and have always acted like his opinions in the world of football matter when they do not. The purpose of his tweets is to make Barca fans satisfied by making it as if their beloved club cannot do wrong. If you want to consider these tweets important or have any significant value, think again, are you really placing our hopes and dreams on a Spanish Twitter weeb?

Indy_Red

Who is David Kent?
One of the new breed of twitter journo's, he does actually write stuff for some papers as well i think. Wouldnt hang you're hat on what he says but have seen some of his stuff to be reliable, although that could turn out to be if you make enough guesses one will come true type of thing.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The chairman of the Dutch players union has said FifPro should get involved because Barca is blackmailing him. The funny part is that this dude is basing this of the same sources as this thread.

matt10000

It's Sport... until a reliable Chelsea reporter verifies or confirms it, I wouldn't worry at all
Exactly, De Jong makea a good story at the moment and it is all jackanory.

Does anyone honestly believe that Erik ten Hag isn’t having phone conversations with Frenkie and is just telling hierarchy to continue pursuing on a whim?

Status
Not open for further replies.