Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedWA

FdJ is not so special to be the only feckin' target ffs. So far the only thing that concerns me about EtH is this saga...

Barthez

Steady on chap, are we really at the heads rolling stage? We’ve had a good window so far. Fecking over dramatic nonsense.
It’s been an awful window! - No striker and no midfielder. We need a mimimim of 6 first team newcomers. You not remember the utter Sh1t show from last season. It won’t take long for those players to revert to form!

Dan_F

It's over, he's not coming here. I'm not normally one to treat what journalists say as gospel but The Athletic are normally spot on.
There’s just no way we pursue this without player assurances. That doesn’t mean we’re going to sign him, but I fully believe that if the problems were the turbulence of the club and playing Europa football, we would have been rejected out of hand and moved on. Turbulence is not being able to pay wages.

Let’s not forget the guy is playing for a club that got nowhere near winning the Europa last season.

Coops73

I'm 35. I work in what everyone classifies as "IT" despite not working in IT, but my job is so unbelievably boring that it's not worth explaining to folk. I have four kids which means that TV time consists of Moana on repeat and outdoor time involves standing around in a park watching someone go down a slide three million fecking times.

I have to spend most of my day nodding and maintaining a minimal level of attentiveness whenever my missus talks about some mundane shite she had an argument with someone about, and watch drab horror and sci-fi movies just to ensure I can get my hole three times a week and not be forced to sleep on the couch with the dog.

If my life was a colour it would be the most tepid grey you've ever seen. Muppet Transfer Season is all some of us have. Don't be evil. Don't take it away from us.
feck me, this post makes “The Road” seem like a comedy.

I’m not the best with advice but a few beers and an angry wank might help.

Gandalf

I'm under no illusion that this window has been... Well... I could say underwhelming. I could. I could use other words, of course. Descriptive words. But for now, I'll insist that Manchester fecking United has a plan B. I refuse to believe otherwise.
Not sure the window has been that bad and we have a few weeks still to go. I do think with or without Frenkie we are getting in a couple more signings but of course issues like the Ronaldo situation are delaying matters, if he could feck off we could sign a new forward, if we could find someone desperate enough to take AWB we could sign a RB etc.

I do think there will be an alternative to Frenkie signed but potentially we are looking at two different profiles and so probably have a couple of different shortlists in play. If we get Frenkie then we sign a target from List A, if we don't get Frenkie then we need a player from List B and so we will let this saga play out before we move.

croadyman

There’s just no way we pursue this without player assurances. That doesn’t mean we’re going to sign him, but I fully believe that if the problems were the turbulence of the club and playing Europa football, we would have been rejected out of hand and moved on. Turbulence is not being able to pay wages.

Let’s not forget the guy is playing for a club that got nowhere near winning the Europa last season.
Yeah but difference is their his dream club so willing to put up with the crap whereas we aren't

Tony247

One op-ed in the athletic, that's all it took.

C'mon now. Stay strong. If muppets go down eventually then so be it, but not because of an article.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I'm 35. I work in what everyone classifies as "IT" despite not working in IT, but my job is so unbelievably boring that it's not worth explaining to folk. I have four kids which means that TV time consists of Moana on repeat and outdoor time involves standing around in a park watching someone go down a slide three million fecking times.

I have to spend most of my day nodding and maintaining a minimal level of attentiveness whenever my missus talks about some mundane shite she had an argument with someone about, and watch drab horror and sci-fi movies just to ensure I can get my hole three times a week and not be forced to sleep on the couch with the dog.

If my life was a colour it would be the most tepid grey you've ever seen. Muppet Transfer Season is all some of us have. Don't be evil. Don't take it away from us.
:lol::lol::lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It’s been an awful window! - No striker and no midfielder. We need a mimimim of 6 first team newcomers. You not remember the utter Sh1t show from last season. It won’t take long for those players to revert to form!
You expect way too much. You’re clearly wanting us to slam straight back to the top of the league in one jump. Not going to happen and if you believe it will then you’re going to be disappointed.

So far we’ve snapped up a class midfielder on a free. Competition for Luke Shaw and a fast combative CB. That’s not a bad bit of shopping I’d you ask me and shows our weaknesses are being addressed, even if it is incrementally.

Patience my dear chap.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
The article that made everyone lose their shit has next to no new information. Its basically same trash that Spanish journalist have been saying, recycled and presented under Athletic name. No English reporter which gives the Athletic the credibility has mentioned it.

Last edited:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

deadly a mr pigeon post. Him and rimaldo are two who always cheer me……oh

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Oh Pidg :(

Superunknown

One op-ed in the athletic, that's all it took.

C'mon now. Stay strong. If muppets go down eventually then so be it, but not because of an article.
We need another counter-article to infect the posters with their much-needed dose of Muppetitis F.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
As someone else said in response to someone back on page twelvety flibbidy two - Are you 13?
Nope. What gives you that idea?

It might be absolutely run-of-the-mill to you guys in GB, but where I live men would get slapped so hard if we referred to it as "my hole". My response to Pigeon's answer was just me laughing out loud at the absurdity of it.

Give a guy a break bud

RkkMan

So it seems like Barcelona have officially communicated to him to make a clear choice to either take a pay cut or leave. Before it was informal discussions not official ones. Like I said this week is make or break

mu4c_20le

When a mummy and daddy love each other very, very much...
I didn't wanna say anything at first, but I couldn't have been the only one who found it odd that mummy needs to watch a bunch of monsters to get in the mood with you..

Fanta Stick

Nope. What gives you that idea?

It might be absolutely run-of-the-mill to you guys in GB, but where I live men would get slapped so hard if we referred to it as "my hole". My response to Pigeon's answer was just me laughing out loud at the absurdity of it.

Give a guy a break bud
It's very much a Scottish/Irish phrase.

We are a very romantic people.

Teja

So it seems like Barcelona have officially communicated to him to make a clear choice to either take a pay cut or leave. Before it was informal discussions not official ones. Like I said this week is make or break
Great strategy, maybe we should try that with some of our guys like Ronaldo, Varane etc.

A-man

It's over, he's not coming here. I'm not normally one to treat what journalists say as gospel but The Athletic are normally spot on.
Agree they are normally spot on but it was not like they closed the door.

House Mkhitaryan

Step 1: Barcelona: Take a pay cut or leave (w/o Barca paying deferred wages)
Step 2: Frenkie: No thanks
Step 3: Barcelona: ???????
Step 4: Barcelona's problem is solved

RkkMan

Same point as earlier that De Jong now has to make a final decision with the club saying that they have offers for him

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We are Cavani and Greenwood down on this time last year with no replacements. We are Pogba, Matic and Lingard down in midfield with only Eriksen brought in.

It looks as though we are going to be heavily reliant on Fred, McTominay and Martial.

This is why posters are getting cranky.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Or option 3 - he refuses to adjust his contract and refuses to leave and challenges them to leave him out of the team which they won't do in which case he still plays and gets his full pay. Funny how they always leave that one out...

Status
Not open for further replies.