Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
laughing emojis won’t change the fact that Chelsea won the CL two years ago, and are a more credible title contender than United. Go look at the table for last season.
They lost 4-0 to Arsenal last week and Tuchel went in on the squad in his post match presser. They are going to implode in the coming season. I think :lol: is quite fitting personally.

Maticmaker

Enough is enough now...what do Barca owe him in back wages, 17m?

On top of what has already been agreed as a transfer fee, we should now pay Barca the extra 17m... no, make it extra 20M, includes 3M for packing him off on the next plane to Manchester.... and for them to promise not to take the piss!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
MUFC directly briefed Ducker from the Tele just before the tour that we got the green light from FDJ. The only competent players in this shit show are MUFC and ETH.

The entire saga is FDJ-Barca
They quite obviously did not get the green light though.

Aeryis

Kids from the academy almost never turn out good enough to break into the first 11 of a top club. It's just simple maths. It's maybe one player every 3-4 years. Of course a top club needs to buy.
It's even more rarer than that. How many Real Madrid academy talents can you name that broke into the high quality tier? Barcelona is renown for its academy, and hell despite the constant hype over every new youngster that breaks through they haven't produced a world class midfielder since Thiago, 10 years ago. Like you said, it's just simple mathematics; the best clubs in the world are the best because they buy the best talent. Not even Klopp and Pep are arrogant and narrow minded enough to believe they can just forego the market and "just develop the kids." Improving the double pivot was the most pressing issue we had in the beginning of the season, hell it's been an issue for almost 5 years, and yet we're being so lackadaisical over it. Ten Hag's arrogance and shortsightedness will come to bite him in the ass over the course of the season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think Carrick was still capable of beating a player in 1v1 situation though. Wasn't as often but he was capable of it, as was Scholes.

I agree that Garner game would carry more emphases on his passing strengths compared to Zidane but the laters ability to beat a player from a standing position or technically capable of weaving away from player's in this day and age is more advantageous I feel.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the look of zidane and he’s certainly put it out there this summer that he’s ready for a chance. I hope he gets minutes for first team because he’s an exciting player to gain

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don’t think you read the post or interpreted it correctly…
Ah I just read what the other poster said. I don't get what he means about United fans turning on him and how Barca are influencing that, seems a stretch. It's all an interesting theory but there could be some truth to the actual tweet. They don't have many players other than De Jong that are considered dispensable and that could bring in a decent fee. Perhaps they would be willing to let go of Ter Stegen as he's just a GK but they could get good money for it, even if they would need to downgrade a bit.

I've been told all the way through this that the spanish sources are rubbish anyway, so probably best to take it all with a pinch of salt.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That’s like selling the milk in the fridge because no one wants to buy your fridge.
To be fair in this case Ter Stegen is the fridge. If De Gea is interested in Barcelona, United should offer to purchase Ter Stegen and De Jong.

WPMUFC

They quite obviously did not get the green light though.
we got the green light from his camp to finalise terms with Barca. Not Personal terms. Because of laportas statements, they briefed Ducker and "club sources" would not have continued negotiations with Barca without getting the go ahead from the players camp.

red thru&thru

Watching football, following your team and supporting them is meant to be a fun thing. It is to get you away from the daily grind. Surely you should be optimistic in your club, especially after all the changes we've asked to be made have...bar Glazers.

If people are so negative towards the club and their ability to perform in the transfer market etc, why not step away? Do something else which is better for your well being?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
To be fair in this case Ter Stegen is the fridge. If De Gea is interested in Barcelona, United should offer to purchase Ter Stegen and De Jong.
That would be pretty great, but not sure how De Gea's wages match up to Ter Stegen's and if Barca would really save much that way

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
This thread is frankly too long.

tl/dr anyone?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
we got the green light from his camp to finalise terms with Barca. Not Personal terms. Because of laportas statements, they briefed Ducker and "club sources" would not have continued negotiations with Barca without getting the go ahead from the players camp.
So we didn't get the green light then

Status
Not open for further replies.