Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

Agreed, People here keep saying we didn't brief that we're no longer interested like we usually do. If it's true that we were chasing a player all summer that doesn't even want to come I doubt we'd brief we're no longer interested, we'd look like right fools.

It's much more believable that we just leave it till the end of the window and say Barcelona and FDJ couldn't work out their wage issues.

I just hope we plan to sign a midfielder.
How is it believable if we wait till the end of the window and sign nobody? That will generate Woodward level hate. It's definitely the lesser of the two evils to walk before then when alternatives are still available we even walked from Sancho

phelans shorts

I'm saying "monies" because it is going up evertime I read a thread here or in other media outlets. Can you say for definite what he is owed or only what you read also.
It could also be that he has just got engaged, bought a new mansion, his girlfriend doesn't want to come to Manchester, other issues.
That first point makes absolutely no sense. The plural of money is money. Using “monies” just makes you come across as a 7 year old.

I don’t know for definite the exact amount. The latest report had it at 19 million euros, most reports were of 17 million but I don’t know for certain which it is. What I do know is that if I felt like I were owed a sum anywhere close to either of them then I’d be doing everything in my power to get it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hope we walked away weeks ago.

Tell Barca to feck off, and when they come running back at the end of the transfer window, tell them to feck off again.

The club needs to retain some dignity and selling clubs in future need to know we won't just cave in to demands; specifically in this case where Barca is in the shit - yet somehow - thinks they hold the cards.
Dignity can't play CM my man

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Who is the player he keeps passing it to who is doing instant first time progressive passes between the lines? He looks brilliant.
That's Pjanic :lol: :lol:

Better midfielder than De Jong can ever aspire to be.

Widow

Who is close journalist to Manutd? Fabrizio has always said he doesn't want to come. In the last 2 days, the Athletic, who actually have journalists who are close to United have also said he DOES NOT want to come to United.

What we need to get straight is, the defered salary is to be paid in the next 2 years via his salary, so he cannot leave, if he does he gives that money up.

So if he wants to stay at Barca, he either carries on the current salary or reduces it. Either road leads to him staying.

We don't know he has specifically told Hen Hag he wants to come.
Most reports are that he doesn't want to leave Barca, not that he doesn't want to come to United, huge difference.

Last edited:

Tony247

So weird so read thread title without a punchline. It gets me going to be honest.

RkkMan

Who is close journalist to Manutd? Fabrizio has always said he doesn't want to come. In the last 2 days, the Athletic, who actually have journalists who are close to United have also said he DOES NOT want to come to United.

What we need to get straight is, the defered salary is to be paid in the next 2 years via his salary, so he cannot leave, if he does he gives that money up.

So if he wants to stay at Barca, he either carries on the current salary or reduces it. Either road leads to him staying.

We don't know he has specifically told Hen Hag he wants to come.
Fabrizio also said he has yet to flat out tell us NO. The Athletic journalist who wrote it isn't close to Utd but Spain he's reported from the same perspective as their media. Not that it's all BS but not that it says the whole truth either
You're right that if he leaves the deferred salary goes which is why he wants it paid NOW and it's a more than fair stance to have and his mind ain't changing until he gets every cent of it or an acceptable sum
We don't know what he told Ten Hag specifically but you don't need to be a genius to know it wasn't a flat out "No" otherwise we'd just stop the pursuit like Nunez/Brobbey/Timber and the manager knows a lot more than us what's happening

the_cliff

How is it believable if we wait till the end of the window and sign nobody? That will generate Woodward level hate. It's definitely the lesser of the two evils to walk before then when alternatives are still available we even walked from Sancho
I was mentioning how people are expecting a brief from our side that we are no longer interested. I said it's much more likely we sign other players and when the transfer window closes say we were waiting for De Jong but he couldn't sort out his wage issues.

Dazzmondo

Would be hilarious tbh. Imagine Leandowski and Raphinha basically playing no football in a World Cup year :lol:

TsuWave

They lost 4-0 to Arsenal last week and Tuchel went in on the squad in his post match presser. They are going to implode in the coming season. I think :lol: is quite fitting personally.
Are we suddenly more credible contenders than Chelsea because of preseason form? Fair enough. Andreas Pereira must have a few Balon D’or trophies lying around.

For clarification - as I feel like most posts here need dummy disclaimers these days - I’m not saying we won’t finish above them or that Chelsea will win the title. Just that most sensible people will tell you that out of Chelsea and United, Chelsea is more likely to win the league. It wouldn’t be surprising if professional players hold the same opinion.

stoinz

Would be hilarious tbh. Imagine Leandowski and Raphinha basically playing no football in a World Cup year :lol:
We do need a winger and a striker. would be the ultimate plot twist Frenkie stays and if we end up with Lewandowski and Raphinha.

RedOrange

If they can't register those two without a De Jong transfer they will absolutely cave and pay him his back wages. They'll continue to threaten him until the deadline in the hopes he caves, but at the end of the day they don't have any other option.

phelans shorts

Are we suddenly more credible contenders than Chelsea because or preseason form? Fair enough. Andreas Pereira must have a few Balon D’or trophies lying around.

For clarification - as I feel like most posts here need dummy disclaimers these days - I’m not saying we won’t finish above them or that Chelsea will win the title. Just that most sensible people will tell you that out of Chelsea and United, Chelsea is more likely to win the league. It wouldn’t be surprising if professional players hold the same opinion.
Both hold the exact same likelihood, and it’s significantly below 1%

Chief123

I dont understand why people have so much confidence in this.

Almost every journalist, Spanish or English in the last week or 2 has reported he does NOT want to come to Manutd.

He has 2 options now.

Stay at Barca on his current wage - he has a contract and they have to keep him
Stay at Barca on lower salary - He has done this before.

United is simply not an option. If Barca pay him off, his salary will be in line with others.
Because us muppets are built different. We are what drive these transfers and bring them home.

TsuWave

Both hold the exact same likelihood, and it’s significantly below 1%
These sassy replies are cool and all, but we finished 16 points behind Chelsea last season. With a 0 goal difference. Theirs was 43. These are the harsh realities.

TheLord

I seriously think we should ask journalists close to us to break the story that United have backed away from any move involving FDJ.
I would be over the moon if FDJ refused to move and Barca can't register Lewa, Rafinha et.al.

(And if need be, gobble him up once Barca come pleading with a decent offer).

phelans shorts

These sassy replies are cool and all, but we finished 16 points behind Chelsea last season. With a 0 goal difference. Theirs was 43. These are the harsh realities.
Chelsea aren’t winning the league. Chelsea currently look like an absolute disaster zone with the manager openly attacking his own players. It’s the harsh reality.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ducker referencing his FDJ article from July 10th in the Martinez article. Suggesting as far as he's concerned nothing has changed

Withnail

Not just in this transfer, specifically; but we always pay way over the top, and sell for way less than player value.

Obviously media speculation, and likely bull shit, (as is everything nowadays), but Barca were pining for us to increase our offer - despite them being on their arses.
We've already agreed the whole fee. They're not asking us for anything extra.

Chief123

fecking ridiculous that they're playing him as a central defender :lol:
Although not ideal, it’s not as ridiculous as it would seem. He started off as a centre back so it’s not alien to him. However, it’s obvious Barca don’t want him.

TheLord

If I were FDJ, I'd play golf for another two years, run down my Barca contract (until 2024), get all my money, and move on for free with a huge signing up fee for one of the big clubs like United, Chelsea, Bayern or the likes.

The only caveat is is what if Barca go into administration by then?

Silas

If a resolution isn’t looking likely, we should look into Caqueret. Just signed a new deal, but the entire package wouldn’t be more than what we’d pay for Frenkie.

Loony BoB

If the players have a problem with it they either shouldn't have signed for the club or they can cough up the funds required. It's their problem, not Frenkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.