Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's a big city, I genuinely doubt anyone gives a toss after a few years, if he likes the city for its weather and food he should be just fine.

The years of violent and dangerous ultras have long passed, plus most folk don't have the best memory either.
As an example, do you think Luis Figo would be having as nice a time living in Barcelona as he would elsewhere?

Whole point of living 'the life' is taking in everything it has to offer, stress free and uninhibited. Do you think that'd be likely for a heavily villainized and systematically smeared player?

I wonder if his profile has shrunk as is, if he's still going to the same restaurants and living the life he was before all this grief came his way. That's before the pressure really starts to get turned up, which is what I am referring to.

WPMUFC

Emotional blackmail on a different level
It was always coming and Laporta knew they'd turn on a dime when the shiny new toys came in. When they announce Kounde, Laporta will start telling the press to start doing opinion pieces about FDJ's wage as a bench CB. It's coming. The hailstorm of shit Barca are planning for FDJ is only just starting.

MUFC OK

Still kidding ourselves that he wants to join but just wants paying these deferred wages?

MUFC OK

Would you leave a job if it meant your employer did not pay £50k in owed salary? As a comparison
So why are we just dismissing the reports that he wants to stay at Barca it's pretty abundantly clear. If he takes a pay cut and stays we are going to look very very silly.

The Purley King

ETH said he’d train someone in the role if we can’t get FdJ. Maybe Iqbal could be that guy.
I’d love FdJ here but quite a large part of me wants him to stay at Barca for the next 3 years and in 2025 he’ll skull feck barca’s corpse for their last 5 euro note.

Giggsyking

So why are we just dismissing the reports that he wants to stay at Barca it's pretty abundantly clear. If he takes a pay cut and stays we are going to look very very silly.
There has been no respectable source saying he wants to reduce his wages and stay, while there has been tens of stories about him wanting to stay but keep his wages or join united if he gets paid.

MUFC OK

There has been no respectable source saying he wants to reduce his wages and stay, while there has been tens of stories about him wanting to stay but keep his wages or join united if he gets paid.
Have there been reputable stories saying this? I've only seen posts along the lines of "would you leave without getting paid?".

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This thread should’ve been locked long ago, until there is a meaningful update. Literally nothing of note for weeks. Every day, come to the Caf and this is a top three thread, for nothing.

evil_geko

Not as silly as him actually doing that making him look like a mug.

Leethal

Have there been reputable stories saying this? I've only seen posts along the lines of "would you leave without getting paid?".
Nah, people have just created a narrative based on an abundance of click-baited tweets and "social media ITK's", and amalgamated it altogether to form a cohesive story that they want to believe.

Basically, no one knows feck all... but people have convinced themselves otherwise.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Any reason this thread has grown 1q pages in 2 hours? What update have I missed. Muppets take 2 hours on the beer and miss everything

Laurencio

The state of the club and fans :lol:
Or... you could come here, be paid 400k a week, loved by fans as our first proper too class midfielder - bar Bruno - in years, experience the city that Pep doesn't want to move from, help rebuild us into challengers again - properly this time - under a manager who knows how to get the best out of you and will build his team around you. We also happen to pay our players and provide them with lucrative bonuses.

If you need some weeks in the sun, we have been known to fly players down to Dubai in a private jet at the club's expense.

Or you know... you could get paid 120k, be a centreback for Xavi and be blamed for Barca underperforming.

Chief123

Do United fans really care, if he signs he’s under so much pressure to succeed and let’s be honest 4 goals 5 assists playing as an 8 in la liga, is this player really worth the saga and bad press, we just shouldn’t get involved with Barcelona period
Do you know where FDJ plays? Very strange to bring up his goals and assists.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Or... you could come here, be paid 400k a week, loved by fans as our first proper too class midfielder - bar Bruno - in years, experience the city that Pep doesn't want to move from, help rebuild us into challengers again - properly this time - under a manager who knows how to get the best out of you and will build his team around you. We also happen to pay our players and provide them with lucrative bonuses.

If you need some weeks in the sun, we have been known to fly players down to Dubai in a private jet at the club's expense.

Or you know... you could get paid 120k, be a centreback for Xavi and be blamed for Barca underperforming.
Or... he could do absolutely nothing and force Barcelona to either honor their contractual agreement or pay him 17m to leave.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
As an example, do you think Luis Figo would be having as nice a time living in Barcelona as he would elsewhere?

Whole point of living 'the life' is taking in everything it has to offer, stress free and uninhibited. Do you think that'd be likely for a heavily villainized and systematically smeared player?

I wonder if his profile has shrunk as is, if he's still going to the same restaurants and living the life he was before all this grief came his way. That's before the pressure really starts to get turned up, which is what I am referring to.
It's been 20+ years since the Figo fiasco , football has changed, fan attitudes have changed , I seriously doubt he'll be facing anything as severe and on the plus side he's not gonna move to Madrid.

Barca can run a vituperative campaign against him as much as they like to but it may end up backfiring massively, he holds the cards, with some pr of his own he should be just fine, I'll doubt they have any luck turning fans against him the way you describe.

I doubt he gets any more abuse than the occasional side eye during his excursions to restaurants but I suppose that might be enough to turn him off from living there if he has a thin skin.

croadyman

Yeah two can play that game Barca boys

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Barcelona sure do have some propaganda people working for them.

"Financial issues? Can't register new players? Need to sell De Jong? Fake news folks. We're just taking our time not registering the new players. No rush."

Seriously, if they don't need to get more money in to register the new players.... why don't they just register the new players? Oh that's right, because la liga have them as being -192 million away from being able to register new players.
I think their ex president literally got busted for paying journos to run him fluff pieces.

Greck

Would you leave a job if it meant your employer did not pay £50k in owed salary? As a comparison
The deferred wages are a complication no doubt but they shouldn't actually be able to stop a move if he was serious. Put point blank it would border on illegality to hold his money hostage. He has a legal right to recover those wages whether he moves, retires, passes away or whatever. A move doesn't extinguish the debt unless he formally waives it of his own freewill (free from blackmail, threats or undue pressure). I think it's possible, maybe even highly likely the player just doesn't want to leave. Maybe a better way to frame it would be his first choice is to stay and try resolve the issues with the club.

Last edited:

croadyman

Or... he could do absolutely nothing and force Barcelona to either honor their contractual agreement or pay him 17m to leave.
Getting them to pay anything let alone £17m looks a marathon effort right now. This is definitely going to the last hours of window unless of course we get that walk away brief

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
The state of the club and fans :lol:
This is some next level cringe. Frenkie will thank his lucky stars when he’s out of that shitshow. Ideal situation: we get Frenkie near the end of the window then the feckers go into administration anyway.

croadyman

This is some next level cringe. Frenkie will thank his lucky stars when he’s out of that shitshow. Ideal situation: we get Frenkie near the end of the window then the feckers go into administration anyway.
Yeah that's if the penny drops in time

Infra-red

He's not even that good lads.

Even our man Fred completed more passes per 90 minutes than Frenkie last season.

Fred > Frenkie. Fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.