Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Is it a stone cold fact that Barcelona cannot register their new signings unless they sell Frenkie?
Nobody knows that. But they need to reduce wage bill and with future revenue already sold, they will be in tricky position next year when they cant sell future revenue anymore.

croadyman

We’ll it certainly more plausible than FDJ choosing Chelsea over United. The fact is that FDJ and ETH are very very close and it’s ridiculous to think that United would be chasing if FDJ didn’t want to sign for United. It’s also implausible to think that FDJ and ETH aren’t in direct contact knowing how close they are. So it’s worth putting some more muppet fuel on the fire and on to the next 1,000 pages!
Interesting that Corrigan suggested in his article that Erik and him aren't actually close

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It’s not much, but BBC’s article on us signing Martinez said that we are still chasing FdJ.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Interesting that Corrigan suggested in his article that Erik and him aren't actually close
Which Dutch journalist have refuted already. Corrigan isnt that good source. Only reason why it was given attention is because he wrote this for Athletic

edcunited1878

La liga s FFP won't do anything.They will give them liverage something like extend the time to comply but will allow to register their players this window.
That might well be the case, however why they haven't done so already is dumb. And if they were to do it, Barca wouldn't have had to sell off their future for immediate relief.

Barca will get the benefit of the doubt, as they are too big to fail for La Liga. The league is so dependent on two teams and they are propped up by the capital and a regional capital. But Barca has zero integrity in all of this and the lack of self awareness from many of their supporters is super sad to see, but also not surprising as many of them are too ignorant and stubborn to have a large enough perspective.

NLunited

In hindsight, moving to Barcelona was not a good decision. Busquets is in his spot and they are not willing to build the team around him. Not even Koeman, who tried to
have Frenkie play box to box with Busquets behind, with moderate succes.

IMO he could be great with Pedri and Gavi, but Busquets is still there. Now there is even more competition.

Competition is good, but not if you are not played in your best position. There is also the fact that the Catalan players can do no wrong and foreign players get thrown under the bus.

Here at United he can be the main man in midfield. Or he can move elsewhere to compete for a spot, which is risky.

AneRu

Yeah I can’t see him accepting the wage reduction either because it means that the already deferred €17m will also be sacrificed, on top of whatever will be cut from “future” earnings on his initial agreement.
For now I don't care what happens between him and Barcelona nor am I rooting for them to successfully bully him out of his club even if we benefit from it. It just feels dirty, if he doesnt want the move then we should move on as we should have done months ago.

After seeing Frenkie's mansion in Barcelona, I'm starting to think he might be serious about this 'not wanting to come here' thing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
For now I don't care what happens between him and Barcelona nor am I rooting for them to successfully bully him out of his club even if we benefit from it. It just feels dirty, if he doesnt want the move then we should move on as we should have done months ago.
Yeah, I'm obviously still hoping that his "stay at all costs" stance is just to get the deferred wages paid to him before he leaves, but if he stays and accepts a pay cut, then that's on him.

Bogga

That mansion, he wont be able to afford the maintenance if he lowers his salary... catch 22

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Feck me that‘s nice. He could keep it anyways if he moves.
True. He could make some extra cash renting it out to British sun seekers for £500 a week.

I'll volunteer to test it out and do the first trip advisor review. Just give me 6 months there to make sure my review is as detailed as possible.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
True. He could make some extra cash renting it out to British sun seekers for £500 a week.

I'll volunteer to test it out and do the first trip advisor review. Just give me 6 months there to make sure my review is as detailed as possible.
As long as you can prove you’re gonna spend 100€ a day

Aeryis

Is it a stone cold fact that Barcelona cannot register their new signings unless they sell Frenkie?
Barcelona signing a dozen players on the gamble that Frenkie de Jong would leave? That line of thought always sounded stupid, Tebas just confirmed Barcelona can register their new players without issue. Honestly the only club i know in the top 5 leagues that would hinge their entire transfer window on the gamble of one player is Manchester United.

crossy1686

career ending
Well I for one think it’s absolutely shameless that De Jong isn’t willing to take a pay cut to play for the mighty Barcelona for way less than the terms he agreed. What an absolute snake.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
After seeing Frenkie's mansion in Barcelona, I'm starting to think he might be serious about this 'not wanting to come here' thing.

Haha this is definitely not happening. No way the missus is going to Manchester

Haha this is definitely not happening. No way the missus is going to Manchester

Well their actual house looks like this above (and not the nonsense 15-20 million euro pad currently for sale via Sotheby’s that was shared earlier, that he currently absolutely cannot afford), so she might be convinced to keep that and live here in Knutsford during the season for a few years, using half of the money Barça owe him…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.