Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Feck me that‘s nice. He could keep it anyways if he moves.
Depends on how he moves; if he's 'fecked' them - by holding out until he gets what he was rightfully owed - he may well be demonised to the point his life in Barcelona wouldn't be worth the hassle or stress.

Takes stones to live in or visit a place where you are truly not wanted.

Bit like buying an amazing home and then finding out your neighbour(s) are the from hell type, but instead with half a city making life unbearable or at least unpleasant enough to dampen your time there.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Well their actual house looks like this above (ans not the nonsense 15-20 euro pad shared earlier that he currently absolutely cannot afford), so she might be convinced to keep that and live here in Knutsford during the season for a few years, using half of the money Barça owe him…
poor bloke, that evil club have rinsed him dry and refuse to pay him and he can’t even afford 20euros for rent. :wenger:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Well their actual house looks like this above (and not the nonsense 15-20 million euro pad currently for sale via Sotheby’s that was shared earlier, that he currently absolutely cannot afford), so she might be convinced to keep that and live here in Knutsford during the season for a few years, using half of the money Barça owe him…

Ah, you fecker!

Loony BoB

I'd still take the Sotheby home over that one, personally speaking. Fountains are pretty but they get boring fast.

How the hell is he not able to afford a place better than the one pictured at the start of Regulus' post though? Looks like it hasn't been maintained in a decade. I mean, I know the guy isn't a billionaire but I'm confident he can do way better than that.

Woziak

Still not been established that FdJ doesn't want play for United.
Do United fans really care, if he signs he’s under so much pressure to succeed and let’s be honest 4 goals 5 assists playing as an 8 in la liga, is this player really worth the saga and bad press, we just shouldn’t get involved with Barcelona period

Loony BoB

See you changed to the “Sotheby one”, no fecking shit.

It’s a 15-20 million home :lol:
Yeah, haha, had to do a quick edit, too many houses doing the rounds.

The 15-20m home, though... can't he afford to put a downpayment on that thing? I feel like if I were earning 18.2m a year (350k per week right?) that I'd be able to get some kind of loan. When I put in for a mortgage on my flat I was only making 20% of the total cost in a year and the downpayment was something like 8% of the total value, and I've been comfortable paying it off.

Gandalf

Do United fans really care, if he signs he’s under so much pressure to succeed and let’s be honest 4 goals 5 assists playing as an 8 in la liga, is this player really worth the saga and bad press, we just shouldn’t get involved with Barcelona period
Honestly we are not signing him for goals and assists if we get him, his role would be as the deep playmaker so he won't be popping up in the box all the time and probably not giving the final pass. His value is in his ability to pick a pass to break the lines from a defensive position and his ball retention which allows him to play out against the press, critical skills no other player at the club currently has.

Yeah, haha, had to do a quick edit, too many houses doing the rounds.

The 15-20m home, though... can't he afford to put a downpayment on that thing? I feel like if I were earning 18.2m a year (350k per week right?) that I'd be able to get some kind of loan.
He’s not earning that yet though.

For the past two years he’s been on an average of roughly 90k /week before tax.

I doubt he has those millions (3.5 - 4) sitting around as a minimum 20% downpayment on a property that expensive (they’d likely want more), nor that he’d shell out that kind of money on a home considering his financial “situation”.
Even in the “best case scenario” he gets what? About 40m after tax from Barca during this deal, a deal that might be his last big one. No-one with a brain spends half of that on one property.

That house is for the Messi, Neymar and the millionaire’s with hundreds of mils in the bank.

How the hell is he not able to afford a place better than the one pictured at the start of Regulus' post though? Looks like it hasn't been maintained in a decade. I mean, I know the guy isn't a billionaire but I'm confident he can do way better than that.
Apparently cost 5m euros including renovations. It’s in Pedralbes where a penthouse can cost 4-5m euros.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Depends on how he moves; if he's 'fecked' them - by holding out until he gets what he was rightfully owed - he may well be demonised to the point his life in Barcelona wouldn't be worth the hassle or stress.

Takes stones to live in or visit a place where you are truly not wanted.

Bit like buying an amazing home and then finding out your neighbour(s) are the from hell type, but instead with half a city making life unbearable or at least unpleasant enough to dampen your time there.
I doubt barca ultras are that vicious.

Last edited:

miked99

I hope he signs, but I swear to God this is the most tedious transfer saga in living memory :lol:

Woziak

Honestly we are not signing him for goals and assists if we get him, his role would be as the deep playmaker so he won't be popping up in the box all the time and probably not giving the final pass. His value is in his ability to pick a pass to break the lines from a defensive position and his ball retention which allows him to play out against the press, critical skills no other player at the club currently has.
I get that however unproven in the PL

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Regardless of whether he signs for us or anyone else, Barcelona need some form of sanctions. ‘More than a club’ my arse.

The lad can do as he pleases and I’m fine with it. But feck an employer that screws over an employee. Always.

2 year transfer ban. feck em.

Amarsdd

First time I’m seeing caf muppetry trying its hand in real state. And I’m all for it!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah, you get my point.
I don't think you need pitchforks at your door or simpletons trying physically harm you to feel unwanted.

If he goes down the route of willingly leaving Barcelona in a considerably bigger mess than they've already put themselves in, he'll be demonised for it on a scale we've not seen yet in this protracted saga.

It takes stones to stick around should that come to pass.

lsd

The Oracle

Well their actual house looks like this above (and not the nonsense 15-20 million euro pad currently for sale via Sotheby’s that was shared earlier, that he currently absolutely cannot afford), so she might be convinced to keep that and live here in Knutsford during the season for a few years, using half of the money Barça owe him…

What five minutes of the year when it wasn't wet and freezing were those photos taken?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't think you need pitchforks at your door or simpletons trying physically harm you to feel unwanted.

If he goes down the route of willingly leaving Barcelona in a considerably bigger mess than they've already put themselves in, he'll be demonised for it on a scale we've not seen yet in this protracted saga.

It takes stones to stick around should that come to pass.
It's a big city, I genuinely doubt anyone gives a toss after a few years, if he likes the city for its weather and food he should be just fine.

The years of violent and dangerous ultras have long passed, plus most folk don't have the best memory either.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Barcelona sure do have some propaganda people working for them.

"Financial issues? Can't register new players? Need to sell De Jong? Fake news folks. We're just taking our time not registering the new players. No rush."

Seriously, if they don't need to get more money in to register the new players.... why don't they just register the new players? Oh that's right, because la liga have them as being -192 million away from being able to register new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.