Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

A loan deal here could be good but it still presumably means Barca only remove a wage from their books when they could really do with selling.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Whatever happens, if he does sign for us I just hope he's out to prove Barcelona were fools to force him out and is committed to us. I don't want a demoralised player who doesn't want to be playing for us. It's a bit concerning.
FDJ best position doesn't exist in our 4-3-3 formation, he is never gonna play that well here for that reason.
In ETH's 4-2-3-1 I'm pretty sure he would do much better.

Idxomer

This was a fun read.
The sub-header was ‘The club can unilaterally reduce both the midfielder’s file and the rest of the players in the squad, in order to reduce salary mass.’

Mundo’s article explained that due to Spanish employment law there’s a way to force pay cuts on a workforce. How lovely.

However, towards the end of the article they explained that, according to the same law, one of the options open to De Jong and his teammates would be ‘Not accepting it and breaking the employment relationship, having the right to compensation of 20 days per year (with a maximum of 9 monthly payments) and the right to unemployment. The players in this case would be released, notifying it 15 days in advance, and could go to another club.’

This part :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teja

The sub-header was ‘The club can unilaterally reduce both the midfielder’s file and the rest of the players in the squad, in order to reduce salary mass.’

Mundo’s article explained that due to Spanish employment law there’s a way to force pay cuts on a workforce. How lovely.

However, towards the end of the article they explained that, according to the same law, one of the options open to De Jong and his teammates would be ‘Not accepting it and breaking the employment relationship, having the right to compensation of 20 days per year (with a maximum of 9 monthly payments) and the right to unemployment. The players in this case would be released, notifying it 15 days in advance, and could go to another club.’

:lol: :lol:

Lose 85M so they can save 25M

Redcy

Pretty sure that would end up in the CAS, and I am not sure how Spain's laws would overrule European law there. Nothing would surprise me though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Care to summarise if possible?
I'm out at the moment and can't read through everything
Sport Witness basically comment on and poke fun at a couple of very speculative "what if" articles from both Mundo Deportivo and Sport. Mundo suggests that Barcelona can use Spanish law to force a pay-cut on de Jong. However, that same law also allows de Jong to terminate his contract and be given partial compensation for it. Sport suggests that Frenkie de Jong can be loaned out with a purchase obligation next summer with most or all of his wages covered by the loanee.

Idxomer

I'm one of the people leaning towards this not happening but I still don't know how anyone can take those Catalan papers seriously.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Is the cost really an issue? I think they have space for him on the wage book. No transfer fee involved this season. They wouldn't have to sacrifice any of their plans for this summer.
Well he'd instantly be their highest paid player, so that would affect any other signing they'd look to complete as well. It would throw their wage structure out. Kicking the fee down the road isn't helpful as they'll likely need to replace more players next year.

Who knows, maybe he sees the chaos here over the past ten years and doesn't know if we'll actually get back to being in the CL consistently. Chelsea, from the outside, seem like a more stable club than us right now.
I'm not so sure, they've lost most of their targets this summer, and have 5 first team players contracts expiring next summer. It's not exactly any better there. The only thing they have going for them is London.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is the cost really an issue? I think they have space for him on the wage book. No transfer fee involved this season. They wouldn't have to sacrifice any of their plans for this summer.

/shrugs

Who knows, maybe he sees the chaos here over the past ten years and doesn't know if we'll actually get back to being in the CL consistently. Chelsea, from the outside, seem like a more stable club than us right now.
:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
The mental gymnastics some posters will try to use in order to convince themselves of something truly is a sight to behold!

Aeryis

After all this fecking drama, this guy better turn out to be the best fecking holding midfielder in the entire league. I want to see 2019 Frenkie de Jong tearing up every single fecking team in the league for us.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Sport Witness basically comment on and poke fun at a couple of very speculative "what if" articles from both Mundo Deportivo and Sport. Mundo suggests that Barcelona can use Spanish law to force a pay-cut on de Jong. However, that same law also allows de Jong to terminate his contract and be given partial compensation for it. Sport suggests that Frenkie de Jong can be loaned out with a purchase obligation next summer with most or all of his wages covered by the loanee.
Thank you!
A loan really wouldn't make much sense to be fair, i just don't see why he'd want to go out on loan with an obligation to buy rather than just buy now. Makes no sense at all. These Spanish papers are just utterly useless this transfer, literally all speculations, ifs and maybes.

He might know a lot more than we know, and a lot more than most reporters know, but i highly doubt he knows more than the board and ten Hag.
If we're sticking around, then theres a reason for it. Especially if, as Sky says, we do have alternatives. We wouldn't just stick with a player that doesn't want to come, it makes no sense at all and it's going to show really badly on ten Hag. Plus it's going to make any other transfer targets rocket in price if we abandon this late on and go for someone else.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
/shrugs

Same Chelsea who have just had an ownership change in hugely acrimonious circumstances and have missed out on most.of their major targets and don't appear to be following a coherent strategy regarding recruitment?

Granted our situation isn't much different with regards to the latter, but Chelsea aren't some utopia by comparison.

cyberman

Thank you!
A loan really wouldn't make much sense to be fair, i just don't see why he'd want to go out on loan with an obligation to buy rather than just buy now. Makes no sense at all. These Spanish papers are just utterly useless this transfer, literally all speculations, ifs and maybes.

He might know a lot more than we know, and a lot more than most reporters know, but i highly doubt he knows more than the board and ten Hag.
If we're sticking around, then theres a reason for it. Especially if, as Sky says, we do have alternatives. We wouldn't just stick with a player that doesn't want to come, it makes no sense at all and it's going to show really badly on ten Hag. Plus it's going to make any other transfer targets rocket in price if we abandon this late on and go for someone else.
You don’t know what Utd or Ten Hag knows? How can you argue either way?

TheReligion

Abusive
Same Chelsea who have just had an ownership change in hugely acrimonious circumstances and have missed out on most.of their major targets and don't appear to be following a coherent strategy regarding recruitment?

Granted our situation isn't much different with regards to the latter, but Chelsea aren't some utopia by comparison.
Exactly!

Some people have no clue. Even Tuchel told the world that things aren’t particularly great at the moment at the club.

The only thing Chelsea have over United is CL football. That’s it. If that’s what it boils down to then fair enough but what’s with the utter rubbish people create to seemingly try and shit on United.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Or you know, Chelsea doesn’t want to bail out Barcelona considering they had 2 of their targets stolen despite reaching an agreement with the other club.
No, no you are right of course. But why keep pressing us to up our fee to match United when

1. we don’t particularly want to deal with each other anymore.

And

2. Said necessary offer has already come in for United.

People keep saying the “he doesn’t want to go to United” stuff is BS and doesn’t come from the player. Which is fine: I doubt you are ever going to get a quote that explicit from a player.

But Barca doesn’t care where he goes, and they’ve gone begging a fee to match your offer so they have a chance of moving him.

Since all they need is a place he’s willing to go and a certain level fee …and you guys have already hit the fee…. Process of elimination does beg the question.

Bayern seems the darkhorse.

Although if we do sign a defender, allowing one or both of azpi and Alonso to leave as make weights ….

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I can't remember Andy saying before now that he spoke to someone high up at Barca in June, and that person questioned if the player wanted the move. Could be wrong though.

That's pretty big news if he's been sitting on it all this time. I recognise you have to protect sources and, in fairness to Andy, he could've been hearing a different version of the truth from Manchester based sources.

Its true, however, that the Spanish based sources have always insisted De Jong wants to stay. I guess that's not the same as saying De Jong would not come to Man Utd under any circumstances. He may well wanna stay in Catalonia but be open to moving if Laporta and co make staying so uncomfortable for him that he has no choice but to escape.

Still, I do feel like the tone of Andy's coverage of this move has changed a bit recently. To me that's interesting, cos I think Andy's proper solid when it comes to what he puts out.

OmarUnited4ever

Does he have evidence that he doesn't want to join apart from what the bullshit Spanish press are reporting?
Mitten speaks to Barca officials as well, but he didn't get any info on what De Jong wants to do, that is because De Jong and his camp has kept their mouths shut and said nothing at all (De Jong answered some questions during an interview while he was with the Netherlands NT, that is the only time he addressed his transfer, since then, he said nothing at all, directly or indirectly).

House Mkhitaryan

No, no you are right of course. But why keep pressing us to up our fee to match United when

1. we don’t particularly want to deal with each other anymore.

And

2. Said necessary offer has already come in for United.

People keep saying the “he doesn’t want to go to United” stuff is BS and doesn’t come from the player. Which is fine: I doubt you are ever going to get a quote that explicit from a player.

But Barca doesn’t care where he goes, and they’ve gone begging a fee to match your offer so they have a chance of moving him.

Since all they need is a place he’s willing to go and a certain level fee …and you guys have already hit the fee…. Process of elimination does beg the question.

Bayern seems the darkhorse.

Although if we do sign a defender, allowing one or both of azpi and Alonso to leave as make weights ….
No, they need FDJ to forgive/forget the deferred payments and the huge sums of money Barcelona owes him. That seems to be the sticking point and has zero to do with United. Now, maybe he is willing to tear up his contract and forget the money owed for move to a different club, but that's just speculation on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.