Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So Kounde has signed for Barca. Something has to give. Surely. I’m ready for it. Inject the positive transfery goodness. I need a hit. Hit me Frenkie, one more time!!!
Well, unless they sell off even more of what they own, there is no way they're registering everyone this year.
Gotta give it to them, their feck it all attitude and just spending money they don't have is causing quite a stir. Imagine if Frenkie stays and they can't actually use any of them... It would be... Glorious haha

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So Kounde has signed for Barca. Something has to give. Surely. I’m ready for it. Inject the positive transfery goodness. I need a hit. Hit me Frenkie, one more time!!!
My loneliness is killing me (and I)
I must confess I still believe (still believe)
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Hit me, frenkie, one more time

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Give me a sign
Hit me with your Frenkie stick
Hit me, hit me
Das ist gut! C'est fantastique!
Hit me, hit me, hit me
Hit me with your frenkie stick
It's nice to be a lunatic muppet :D
Hit me, hit me, hit me

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There is absolutely no chance the club would be so persistent like this unless they had assurances from the player. It's as simple as that. We are badly run but we're not that silly.
I cling onto this like a drowning man clings onto a life buoy...!! :rolleyes:

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Or maybe, considering their financial position, how the player likely already feels cheated, how they’ve taken in 500m and are spending like a kid in a sweet shop, and are going to receive 80m + for the transfer; the player and agent are saying “feck you, we want it directly from the transfer fee, in one lump sum”.
I admire your ability in mental gymnastics but if Barca are offering to pay Frenkie the fee, even in installments and he is STILL reluctant to leave, I would think he just isn't keen on United and wants to stay. We are really running out of excuses at this point.

Judas

Open to offers
No but that doesn't fit the agenda.

There is absolutely no chance the club would be so persistent like this unless they had assurances from the player. It's as simple as that. We are badly run but we're not that silly.
Aye pretty much. It would also mean our brand new manager is also an absolute daft fool too.

Walters_19_MuFc

Is this guy an idiot? Like seriously! He's seeing his 'dream club' buying player after player, yet the same club are not paying his owed wages. What a mug!

Tommy79

Give me a sign

Good but to the tune of Hot Chocolate's "Darling"

Frenkie
What do you take me for
Some kind of fool who believes
Begging on my knees, is it gonna bring you here
I know it's not a fact, but one has to act

Frenkie
Something inside of me
Tells me that you made up your mind
Is there anything I could do
To influence you

Frenkie
Guess I need a transfer saga that will last
Yes I need a player I can trust
Honestly so much
Searching, searching, for the right player, always hurting

Frenkie
So you got it all come
Give me just a minute of your time
To convince you to run down the line
Tell me, tell me
Just give me a little sign

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

TheRedHearted

His payments are part of his existing contract. So if hes paid then hes leaving. Barca wouldnt need to pay him any ‘deferred’ amount if he stayed.
I think you miss understood. His deferred payments kick into gear in a couple of years - he will wait till then and then leave

Superunknown

Join the muppets in the sesko thread. It is on with some genuine tier 4 links.
I would like some clarification over our tier system.

Do we count tier 1 as the ultimate, or is that tier 4, or even a tier 5? Is it out of 10?
Are there sub-tiers between the tiers, so tier 1a, 1b, 1c, or even a decimalised system?

Dr. StrangeHate

Do we count tier 1 as the ultimate, or is that tier 4, or even a tier 5? Is it out of 10?
Are there sub-tiers between the tiers, so tier 1a, 1b, 1c, or even a decimalised system?
I have no idea all I know is, sesko thread is the place to be.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well, unless they sell off even more of what they own, there is no way they're registering everyone this year.
Gotta give it to them, their feck it all attitude and just spending money they don't have is causing quite a stir. Imagine if Frenkie stays and they can't actually use any of them... It would be... Glorious haha
Is it really that simple? FdJ leaving and all their FFP problems are gone and they can register all the players they signed?

I doubt it all depends on FdJ only. I rather believe they will initiate a 3rd lever selling the 49% stake at BLM to generate enough income to register the newly signed players. In this case it doesn't really matter whether FdJ is leaving or staying.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

See.. for all those dismissing the legit claims of ‘we’d publicly walk away if this was dead’..

TAKE NOTE.

We’ve not seen anything like this regarding Frenkie. It’s so on

Chief123

Our transfer threads are just tears.

Chief123

Is it really that simple? FdJ leaving and all their FFP problems are gone and they can register all the players they signed?

I doubt it all depends on FdJ only. I rather believe they will initiate a 3rd lever selling the 49% stake at BLM to generate enough income to register the newly signed players. In this case it doesn't really matter whether FdJ is leaving or staying.
From what I’ve read a FDJ sale alone isn’t the solution to fix the problem. They need to shift a lot more than that apparently. However FDJ is the biggest asset which is most viable to sell.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

See.. for all those dismissing the legit claims of ‘we’d publicly walk away if this was dead’..

TAKE NOTE.

We’ve not seen anything like this regarding Frenkie. It’s so on
Of course we'd brief if we were walking away, it'd make sense. Put the blame on Barca. It'd be something simple like "Untied have decided to end their pursuit of Frenkie de Jong" that'll literally be it

croadyman

Is this guy an idiot? Like seriously! He's seeing his 'dream club' buying player after player, yet the same club are not paying his owed wages. What a mug!
Beginning to wonder what's it gonna take for his eyes to be fully opened to their shitshow

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They don’t owe him anything. He signed a contract that deferred his wages to 2022-26. He got all the money they were supposed to pay him per his contract until now.

They (might) want to sell him, he doesn’t want to go because 1) he would rather play for Barca, 2) he will get paid better over there for the next 5 years than he would have been anywhere else.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Beginning to wonder what's it gonna take for his eyes to be fully opened to their shitshow
His eyes are likely already opened... just because the media are putting out stories, no one truly knows whats going on with Frenkie/United/Barca.
Our opinions are purely made based on what reports are put out on any given day

Status
Not open for further replies.