Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least it’s finally over
:lol:

I know you’re desperate for it to be over, but it’s clearly not. Laporta is just desperately trying a new tactic every day.
Even here he says “you never know (if he moves to United), it depends on all the parties”.

More obvious than ever now that this will run & run until both parties feel squeaky bum kicking in and one will yield on their demands for the settlement.
Laporta clearly feels the player, as 4th choice CB will eventually agree on a lesser settlement to get out as the window gets closer to closing, FDJ’s team think Barcelona will give in and agree to better terms as they face the window closing without his transfer fee and 400k /week on the books.

MF1138

It's almost as if the things Barcelona say, and the things they feed the press, can't be trusted... A shocking revelation :lol:

Barcelona pays its players when the contract date indicates.
As in the FDJ contract.
haha, discussions with the squad were actually suspended multiple times when discussing the 122m wage deferral.
Ultimately the players were over a barrel, but no, those discussions were there because Barca couldn’t pay the fecking players as per their contracts :lol:
If you could, why the feck did the discussions need to take place? For shits & giggles?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Things are happening is the new goat phrase. Thank you Romero.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
haha, discussions with the squad were actually suspended multiple times when discussing the 122m wage deferral.
Ultimately the players were over a barrel, but no, those discussions were there because Barca couldn’t pay the fecking players as per their contracts :lol:
If you could, why the feck did the discussions need to take place? For shits & giggles?
What are you talking about?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

OleGunnar20

Experts huh? Most of this 'expertise' comes from journalists guess work. 'How are Barca signing players?!' I think Laporta probably has a much better idea than football fans on a forum and English journos. I mean, you said it yourself; you are ignoring anything posted by Sport (fair enough they are trash) AND other Barcelona sources aka anything that doesn't suit the United agenda, gotcha. That is why I called this thread an echo chamber.

Frenkie did an honorable thing in deferring his wages. Can you provide me ANY evidence that, if legally owed, Barca are unwilling to pay him the magical 17mil? Or is that the head in the sand coping mechanism incase, actually, the player still has zero intention of joining United. I think so.

Laporta has restructured the wages at Barca and there is now a wage cap. Frenkie's wages aren't in line of this cap thus he would need to take a pay cut in order to stay, pretty sure he himself would of known this at the start of the summer. That is an option remember, nobody is putting a gun to his head.
But thats just the thing though - he doesn't need to do anything in order to stay. Wage cap or no, you've got a contract with him set at a certain level. You can ask him to leave, but if he doesn't want to that's your problem really, not his.

Attempting to go back on that deal while signing several new, highly paid, expensive players is just ugly, and not something I'd be proud of were it happening at United. Especially considering he's already deferred wages in a sign of good faith towards the club.

All in all to me, it paints Barcelona as entitled, arrogant, and just overall a bit skeevy, which is a shame given how they've always been well thought of by third parties in the past. I always liked them as a kid that's for sure. Not so much these days.

alexthelion

At least it’s finally over and United have a month to find a new midfielder

It was quite a ride but United should have walked away a month ago when De Jong went on tour rather than discussing personal terms
What?

How do you come to that conclusion?

Laporta has restructured the wages at Barca and there is now a wage cap. Frenkie's wages aren't in line of this cap thus he would need to take a pay cut in order to stay, pretty sure he himself would of known this at the start of the summer. That is an option remember, nobody is putting a gun to his head.
Remind me again how much Lewa is on gross? :lol:

This salary cap spin can be blown to pieces with one player.

But, we also have Busquets, and Alba, not constantly being bullied in public to reduce their salaries next season.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club...mesa-de-negociacion-salarial-del-fc-barcelona

About your fecking club not being able to pay as per players contracts and therefore entering into prolonged negotiations regarding a 122 million euro wage deferral. Negotiations that were suspended by the players multiple times.
But sure, you could pay on time, this was just for fun.
WTF!! You are talking to me about Barcelona being in the middle of the pandemic and without a president.

Barcelona there deferred salaries so as not to have to ask for credits. And since there was no president, he could not make that decision.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If cornered, the president card will always be played. The club still has to take responsibility for their presidents actions

WTF!! You are talking to me about Barcelona being in the middle of the pandemic and without a president.

Barcelona there deferred salaries so as not to have to ask for credits. And since there was no president, he could not make that decision.
You told me they could and do pay on time, as per contracts. That was utter bullshit.

Every club in the World (which includes Spain and Real), went through a pandemic mate. Not every club couldn’t pay their players.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
You told me they could and do pay on time, as per contracts. That was utter bullshit.

Every club in the World (which includes Spain and Real), went through a pandemic mate. Not every club couldn’t pay their players.
And how many clubs made capital increase?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Most clubs made capital increases or asked for loans. Barcelona couldn't because they spent four or five months without a president.

DavelinaJolie

Y'all need to take a chill pill. This thread, I get a lot of it is a lark, but there's no value in it at this point because, as you all keep saying, nothing is changing. It's just the same words mixed up in a blender every few hours.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Joan, what a playful rascal!
You are welcome to contribute arguments since the other user does not have them and has gone to the past when we were talking about the present and Laporta.

Status
Not open for further replies.