Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
I mean, why is Barcelona going to pay FDJ 17M now if he already has the money distributed in 4 years?
The player does not want to leave nor does he want to lower his salary.
But this is not just salary, it's salary owed. The next four years, should de Jong wish to negotiate, should be an entirely different discussion.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I really pray that this confidence doesn't backfire on the likes of @Brownie85 @Real Name @Berbaclass @Plant0x84
Not at all, because at the end of the day, if he comes, fantastic and I'd be extremely happy. If he doesn't come, that's also fine, he has free will and can make his own decisions. Plus I've had an awesome time in here and will be here until the very end.

My personal opinion is that it'll happen as Barca has done way too much to push him out and with as many guys as they're signing, even a pay cut won't help them, they'd need his wages and deferred wages gone

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So La Liga starts on the 13th? When do they need to register the players?
I may be wrong but I think they can register players at any time (finances allowing)... They are of course limited to signing players in the transfer windows

Essentially they could have players signed but not registered I'd they cant free up the financial headroom

If I recall this was similar last season with some players they had signed not registered for the first game

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’d much rather be one of them than some of the absolute weirdos who come in here and demand that it isn’t happening. Have some fun ffs.
Exactly that's what being a muppet is all about. Fun and confidence and just enjoying the thread. Make the most of it, because bitching match day threads will be back soon

Withnail

Not at all, because at the end of the day, if he comes, fantastic and I'd be extremely happy. If he doesn't come, that's also fine, he has free will and can make his own decisions. Plus I've had an awesome time in here and will be here until the very end.

My personal opinion is that it'll happen as Barca has done way too much to push him out and with as many guys as they're signing, even a pay cut won't help them, they'd need his wages and deferred wages gone
Well exactly, I can't see how he stays after this unless they point-blank refuse to pay him off but even then they'll be in the shit not being able to register their new players.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Do you really think he's worth jeopardising the start of our season for though? That's my biggest gripe with this whole sorry affair. I thought that after last season, the plan was to give ten Hag the best possible start to the season with a full squad ready to go from Day 1. As it stands now, we're hanging our hat on a guy who does/doesn't want to come to United and is nowhere near joining at the moment and a striker who is actively and very publicly hankering to leave days before pre-season.

It's not necessarily about de Jong. I couldn't really be arsed about him one way or the other. If we're playing catchup by October it's not great is it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Enjoying of de loving here guys, very cute. Frenkie Friday will soon be bere.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You mean FDJ to City?
No I mean if Barca sign Bernado Silva its a sign to me that they want rid of FDJ.

Barca is in crisis and they have been I think since around the time Neymar was moved on, I've watched Barca since Ronaldinho broke onto the scene and continued watching just for Messi since 2007/8 and you can see their slide as a team since Neymar left.

Coutinho, Griezmanns fees for one. Then they signed Arthur who looked like a good player at the time (not so much since they sent him to Juventus) in a weird swap deal with Pjanic just to fix some financial issues. Now they have Coutinho out on loan and Griezmann because they've fecked up royally.

They haven't quite found a replacement for Xavi, Iniesta, Pique is old, Busquets, Alba is the same. Now they have Frenkie on huge wages, financially I think they want to cut across the board, they know Busquets, Pique and Alba will be retiring in a year or two but FDJ has 4 years left.

They'll do what they can to ship out Griezmann, Coutinho and of course Frenkies wages is a huge problem still so personally I think if Bernado comes through the door they'll ship out Frenkie and pay off his remaining wages. If Bernado Silva isn't brought to Barca who wants to move I think FDJ will stay and it'll be a case of him taking a wage cut. I genuinely believe its putting pressure on FDJ because they're rebuilding the midfield and attack now on lower wages.

That's just my opinion though.

Tweek

I mean, why is Barcelona going to pay FDJ 17M now if he already has the money distributed in 4 years?
The player does not want to leave nor does he want to lower his salary.
Do you think that if Barca did want to sell FDJ now, either for sporting or economic reasons, that the club should pay him those €17m that have been distributed over the next four years as a sort of exit payment?

Arnold Layne

Weekend man... everyone is out doing real life stuff. I mean, who the hell has time for that when theres a Frenkie signing going on?

Muppets... they don't make them as they used too! (I can't talk, was my Birthday yesterday and only popped on a few times haha)
21 again ?.. If so this is definitely on.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't listen to newspaper news. Gerard Romero and little else.

I just don't think that such an important transfer for both teams and has been paralyzed for 2 months for 17M.

If that were the problem it would have been negotiated a long time ago. Paying both the amount halfway or something similar.
You owe him not us

caid

I don't listen to newspaper news. Gerard Romero and little else.

I just don't think that such an important transfer for both teams and has been paralyzed for 2 months for 17M.

If that were the problem it would have been negotiated a long time ago. Paying both the amount halfway or something similar.
Only updates on the story in weeks is about you offering him a fraction of that fee. 3.5m and 7m today i think? It shouldn't be an obstacle but you're cheapskates i guess.
We'll find out when all said and done anyway, if he wants to stay at barca he has plenty of opportunities to and no one can force him to join a club he doesn't want to join.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Obviously. But I don't think this situation is the most convenient for United.
The Premier League will start in a week and United have a midfield that is an aberration.
We still ain’t paying your debt. If we were we would have done it long ago. This is up to you guys to reach an agreement or risk not registering the others on time

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
We still ain’t paying your debt. If we were we would have done it long ago. This is up to you guys to reach an agreement or risk not registering the others on time
Barcelona selling 49% of BarcaStudios will be able to register everyone. That is the information that is being given here.
Barcelona are not going to risk not being able to register all the signings because a player refuses to leave.

El-Manos

Barcelona selling 49% of BarcaStudios will be able to register everyone. That is the information that is being given here.
Barcelona are not going to risk not being able to register all the signings because a player refuses to leave.
Nobody gives a feck anymore mate. You can keep him and sort out the wages mess.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Is that the third lever? I thought Barca were reluctant to activate that one?

Widow

Because Barca don't make daft decisions regarding financial issues, do they? (rhetorical question)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think signing Phillips is key, as he can play as the deepest midfielder, or in a more progressive role. Rodri doesn't miss many games, and Gundogan is a top player. They also know that De Bruyne or Foden can play deeper if necessary. Perhaps Cancelo could even play there? They have plenty of depth, plus youngsters like Palmer that seem really promising.

If they had any interest in De Jong, I think they'd have made it known to barca long before now, and we know how they like to leak everything and anything to the press to suit their narrative.
True I think Palmer could be the reason too. They have some really talented youngsters in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.