Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I can't see that the situation has ever changed, to be honest. We want to sign him, there has clearly been discussion between him and Ten Hag because we came to a fee agreement with Barca. He's owed a shedload of money, he wants it before he'll leave. Barca are making it clear to him that he is surplus to requirements.

On our side, we aren't pursuing anyone else in a serious way, we haven't announced we're withdrawing our offer to buy him, we've signed two players who like to wear #21 but we haven't assigned it to either of them.

All the evidence still points to us signing him, albeit late in the window.
Indeed, it's a case of Barca trying to get the best deal possible in terms of paying wages owed. They clearly want to pay as little as possible, hence the poker game with registration.

I'm confident he's coming to be honest.

Highfather_24

So if United don't qualify for the Champions League, won't his salary be cut by 25%?
But its already in his contract, no different from performance clauses. What United wont be doing is suddenly try to extort him into cutting half his wages, and refuse to pay previous wages that were owed. The first one is something he will agree to before signing the contract, the second is blatant exploitation by pulling the rug under your feet. Shocking you cant see the difference.

Schnappo

I used to have quite a high opinion of Xavi but he’s acted a bit of a cnut throughout this process. Probably just singing the company line but I hope he’s a lot straighter with the boy in private
Why would you expect him to do anything other than toe the company line? For whatever reason, Laporte has literally said publicly that FDJ is not for sale despite having an agreement in place with United. Does anyone really think that Xavi is going to contradict what Laporte says publicly?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Eventually it will be. The coming week should bring some development.
Yeah I think so too. Barca are due back in Europe soon too aren't they? So I imagine as soon as they get back things will speed up.

Does look to me like Barca are starting to lose patience a little. Especially if they do want Silva in soon too and have more signings lined up

croadyman

The results of our first few games will be really telling. If we do well, we'll be relaxed. If we're a bit pants, we'll relent.

Let's hope we do well and get Frenkie on our terms. But one thing is for sure, we need a ball player like Frenkie in our team.
Feel we could get by until scouse showdown, however he's Erik's top target and shouldn't have to make do

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I'm starting to fear this won't happen...

We havent heard anything coming from Frenkie himself since he came back from summer break didnt we..?

WPMUFC

Yeah I think so too. Barca are due back in Europe soon too aren't they? So I imagine as soon as they get back things will speed up.

Does look to me like Barca are starting to lose patience a little. Especially if they do want Silva in soon too and have more signings lined up
"I don't know if he's going to stay here" just sums up everything we need to know. Could you imagine the same thing being said by Xavi about any of his 2022 starters, even if there was other club interest?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm starting to fear this won't happen...

We havent heard anything coming from Frenkie himself since he came back from summer break didnt we..?
Stop that right now.

He was only back for about a week and went on tour. Meanwhile his agent is throwing chairs around in Laporta’s office until he gets 17m

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Why would you expect him to do anything other than toe the company line? For whatever reason, Laporte has literally said publicly that FDJ is not for sale despite having an agreement in place with United. Does anyone really think that Xavi is going to contradict what Laporte says publicly?
Confusing statement from Laporte. It's quite obvious what they're trying.

How can you spend so much time negotiating an agreement and then say he's not for sale? Basically, they're trying their best to sell and if he stays they don't lose face. FdJ is holding his ground at this moment. I personally think he's playing this perfectly both with United and Barca to keep his options open until he's ready to make the decision which suits his best interests, both financially and in a sporting sense.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's paid to be a football coach. Politics should not be his business.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
But its already in his contract, no different from performance clauses. What United wont be doing is suddenly try to extort him into cutting half his wages, and refuse to pay previous wages that were owed. The first one is something he will agree to before signing the contract, the second is blatant exploitation by pulling the rug under your feet. Shocking you cant see the difference.
I have never compared the cases. I have simply asked something and very concisely.

Don't you think there can be problems in the dressing room if some players have that clause and others don't?

alexanderplatz

Laporte: ok frenkie you really need to leave now, seriously

FDJ: na I’m ok thanks

Laporte: ah crap I really thought that would work this time

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Gerard Romero, however crazy, get everything right it seems.
He was a journalist for Rac1 and has very good contacts both within the club and other journalists to whom they leak news.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Gerard Romero, however crazy, get everything right it seems.
He has been in the know for as long as I've been paying attention to Barcelona. Also from memory while he is a bit excentric and has milked this De Jong thing, he is a bit more like Mitten where he stays away from complete nonsense.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Are Braca able to register the players they've bought this summer, or do they have to clear some wages first?

Drifter

American
It will all be down to De Jong, and at the moment he does not want to come to United.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

SPORT are back to being unreliable. But this should bring out the doomers and help the push to 2k

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It will all be down to De Jong, and at the moment he does not want to come to United.
He wants his money - I think he’d rather stay but will be happy to join United knowing they want him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.