Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIntrovert

With the way he’s being treated by his “dream club”, you have to wonder how all this shit is going to affect de Jong mentally and how it will affect his relationship with a future club.
It’s kinda like coming home from work and finding your clothes all over the front lawn, crudely shredded with a pair of scissors. Your high school sweetheart wife has changed all the locks and is already shacked up with a new bloke and is refusing to tell you what you’ve actually done wrong. Even worse she is even refusing to give you any money from the house you’ve shared the mortgage with over the past 5 years but is still telling everyone how much she loves you. Without anywhere to live you go down the pub for a pint and see a girl who’s always fancied and you had a fling with a few years ago. Or something.
Actually he already knows Barca can't afford to keep him. The problem is that he is trying to get his deferred wages back while Barcelona are trying backhanded tactics to push him out. That is why he is still waiting there as per his agent's advice.

Contractual problems can be very messy. I have seen such problems in my work where the legal team is always trying to push for their suitable options resulting in both sides playing a waiting game.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Would be the most satisfying thing in world of football if he comes to United and tell us one of the reasons he joined is that his wages wont be reduced or deferred.

OpenIntrovert

Would be the most satisfying thing in world of football if he comes to United and tell us one of the reasons he joined is that his wages wont be reduced or deferred.
That wont be satisfying, as it means he is only joining us for the secured money.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That wont be satisfying, as it means he is only joining us for the secured money.
It will be. Its a contract agreed for both parties, reducing it with or without extorsion is a dick move. If he comes to United to save those headaches then its a valid and logical reason. Frenkie doesnt owe Barca anything. Why should Barca's financial demise require players solidarity to help them with it when all theyre gonna do with those money is to sign new players inculding their own replacements? lets say Frenkie gives up those 17m, why? so they can give it to Bernardo Silva? he must be livid inside but in no position to complain publically.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Barcelona's next elections are years away so I don't think he has to worry about this too much.

He's been waiting to be president of Barcelona again for more than a decade, he ran in 2015 and lost.

I don't think he's the kind of guy who's going to say "ah well the finances are bad so I'll be a sober, wartime president." Nah, he wants to have fun.
Thats madness. But then again they were in financial dire straits back in the 90s when they went big on their transfers. I think people like it like you like the fun, eccentric uncle who is always entertaining in a party.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Xavi been reading redcafe.

Was a sign that he's not wanted though and that he's expendable. Poor guy, I really do feel sorry for him. Imagine joining a club you've loved your whole life then getting treated like this by them

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
So if United don't qualify for the Champions League, won't his salary be cut by 25%?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Xavi been reading redcafe.

I used to have quite a high opinion of Xavi but he’s acted a bit of a cnut throughout this process. Probably just singing the company line but I hope he’s a lot straighter with the boy in private

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So if United don't qualify for the Champions League, won't his salary be cut by 25%?
No idea, if it does it will be put in his contract. But at least it wont be achieved via playing him in a position that is not his main and trying to get him out of the club to save those 25% while United looks for other midfielder to spend those saved 25% on.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Thats madness. But then again they were in financial dire straits back in the 90s when they went big on their transfers. I think people like it like you like the fun, eccentric uncle who is always entertaining in a party.
Barcelona in the 90s was very strong economically and without debt. Núñez has been the best president in the history of Barcelona.

Maybe you mean the beginning 00s when he was President Gaspart.

OrcaFat

If this happens ( and its starting to look like it might ) I really have to applaud the muppets on here who stayed the course. Times were dark and when only hope remained you were strong, I personally had huge doubts I didnt have your strength. You deserve this , If and when it happens you deserve your day in the sun. Bravo muppets, bravo.
Yeah there have been some real troopers in this thread. It still might not happen but all the theories as to why it won’t happen were just not convincing to me; I backed the muppets (even if I don’t make the grade myself). Here’s hoping…

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
No idea, if it does it will be put in his contract. But at least it wont be achieved via playing him in a position that is not his main and trying to get him out of the club to save those 25% while United looks for other midfielder to spend those saved 25% on.
Yesterday Nico played Cb. And that doesn't mean anything. And Pjanic is playing in Busquets' position because he's performing so well. And it's also a discard.

The only thing about playing CB only indicates that FDJ is not performing well in midfield and Xavi has other options.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Was a sign that he's not wanted though and that he's expendable. Poor guy, I really do feel sorry for him. Imagine joining a club you've loved your whole life then getting treated like this by them
I bet he I crying himself to sleep on his gold plated pillow

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
If this happens ( and its starting to look like it might ) I really have to applaud the muppets on here who stayed the course. Times were dark and when only hope remained you were strong, I personally had huge doubts I didnt have your strength. You deserve this , If and when it happens you deserve your day in the sun. Bravo muppets, bravo.
I can't see that the situation has ever changed, to be honest. We want to sign him, there has clearly been discussion between him and Ten Hag because we came to a fee agreement with Barca. He's owed a shedload of money, he wants it before he'll leave. Barca are making it clear to him that he is surplus to requirements.

On our side, we aren't pursuing anyone else in a serious way, we haven't announced we're withdrawing our offer to buy him, we've signed two players who like to wear #21 but we haven't assigned it to either of them.

All the evidence still points to us signing him, albeit late in the window.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Barcelona in the 90s was very strong economically and without debt. Núñez has been the best president in the history of Barcelona.

Maybe you mean the beginning 00s when he was President Gaspart.
Probably. I am going on memory. Years and then decades start to get a bit fuzzy after a while.

Trequarista10

With the way he’s being treated by his “dream club”, you have to wonder how all this shit is going to affect de Jong mentally and how it will affect his relationship with a future club.
It’s kinda like coming home from work and finding your clothes all over the front lawn, crudely shredded with a pair of scissors. Your high school sweetheart wife has changed all the locks and is already shacked up with a new bloke and is refusing to tell you what you’ve actually done wrong. Even worse she is even refusing to give you any money from the house you’ve shared the mortgage with over the past 5 years but is still telling everyone how much she loves you. Without anywhere to live you go down the pub for a pint and see a girl who’s always fancied and you had a fling with a few years ago. Or something.
:lol:

Well, in this case hopefully ETH is his childhood sweetheart who he left for a more attractive woman with a couple screws loose who broke his heart, he returns to his childhood sweetheart and realises what true love is!

Or something! :lol:

WPMUFC

I can't see that the situation has ever changed, to be honest. We want to sign him, there has clearly been discussion between him and Ten Hag because we came to a fee agreement with Barca. He's owed a shedload of money, he wants it before he'll leave. Barca are making it clear to him that he is surplus to requirements.

On our side, we aren't pursuing anyone else in a serious way, we haven't announced we're withdrawing our offer to buy him, we've signed two players who like to wear #21 but we haven't assigned it to either of them.

All the evidence still points to us signing him, albeit late in the window.
20 days ago we got this from a Tier 1 (Ducker)

“De Jong is reputed to be due to return to training with Barcelona on Monday but United have been given encouragement behind the scenes that he remains open to the move, with sources indicating that they would not have progressed a deal this far if that was not the case, despite claims in Spain that the player has no intention of quitting the Catalan club.”
Absolutely nothing has changed, but we still here and a good % of people still keep posting he "has no intention of leaving"...........still boggles the mind

Status
Not open for further replies.