Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rake

That latest article is written by Chelsea journalists, reporting on Chelsea's activity in the transfer market, they mentioned that Chelsea is watching De Jong's situation, which is probably something they were told, but they do not have any links to De Jong nor to Manchester United (like Mitten & Whitwell), so that part where they mention De Jong would prefer Chelsea is purely their opinion without any sources telling them so.
Yeah, never heard of those guys (which admittedly doesn't mean much) but it struck me as an absolute content filler piece, at least the FdJ part.

Well to be fair, whenever Sport linked him to Chelsea we were saying there's nothing in it until the journalists close to Chelsea mention something. Now they did, I don't think we can swat it away that easily.

Still feeling optimistic, but I don't share the faith of my muppet brothers that he'd prefer ETH and us to Chelsea with CL and that stupid London factor. Not saying he'll 100% choose them, but it's definitely a possibility
This was dismissed because it is Sport.. They are utter garbage. On top of them not being reliable, they are trying to milk the situation as much as possible and have daily "updates", which often contradict their own information... I wouldn't believe them even if the news were in favor of United.

mu4c_20le

Why would a reporter give their opinion that team X or Y want a player? Doesn't make a single bit of sense.
They have zero connections with FDJ's camp. What doesn't make sense at all is them knowing what Frenkie wants.

crossy1686

career ending
This isn’t how anything work. Barcelona we’re never just going to hand the money over because he said please.
Please? How about refusing to turn up for the tour or training? Having your agent start legal proceedings? Going to the press and telling them exactly how much Barcelona owe you and how they’re refusing to give it to you? There’s many, many ways to force someone’s hand that don’t involve sitting around and waiting like a pleb for 12 weeks.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why would a reporter give their opinion that team X or Y want a player? Doesn't make a single bit of sense.
Because if you look at some of the posts on the previous pages, it’s a small paragraph with their opinion in a larger piece about something else. The Aggregator tweet account implies that The Athletic have reported that news about de Jong as a new piece of information, when in reality it’s an attached smaller sentence in a different article.

Redcy

The Chelsea link from Chelsea journos is interesting, though it’s not clear where it comes from, it’s not like they are stating internal sources, etc.

There is definitely no suggestion they know anything about de Jong or his agents thoughts.

prepare for the anti-muppet suicide watch, and more move on posts than you can read. EtH reputation does take a massive hit though if we go into next season with McFred as our midfield. I don’t think it will happen, but you have to imagine that with any link to Chelsea we would be asking hard questions so as to do a timber asap

Judas

Open to offers
The Chelsea link from Chelsea journos is interesting, though it’s not clear where it comes from, it’s not like they are stating internal sources, etc.

There is definitely no suggestion they know anything about de Jong or his agents thoughts.

prepare for the anti-muppet suicide watch, and more move on posts than you can read. EtH reputation does take a massive hit though if we go into next season with McFred as our midfield. I don’t think it will happen, but you have to imagine that with any link to Chelsea we would be asking hard questions so as to do a timber asap
and rightfully so. It would be a woeful decision that'll make this season yet another uphill struggle.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The muppets in here do a better job than twitter just making stuff up and then believing it.

Redcy

I’ve been saying this all week but no one wanted to hear it apparently
Stop talking cobblers, this athletic piece is the first piece we have had with any sensible Chelsea links, and even then it seems mostly opinion based, with no “been told” or “sources”

crossy1686

career ending
Stop talking cobblers, this athletic piece is the first piece we have had with any sensible Chelsea links, and even then it seems mostly opinion based, with no “been told” or “sources”
They’ve been saying it in their podcasts for the last week! No one wanted to hear it though.

OmarUnited4ever

Well to be fair, whenever Sport linked him to Chelsea we were saying there's nothing in it until the journalists close to Chelsea mention something. Now they did, I don't think we can swat it away that easily.

Still feeling optimistic, but I don't share the faith of my muppet brothers that he'd prefer ETH and us to Chelsea with CL and that stupid London factor. Not saying he'll 100% choose them, but it's definitely a possibility
Chelsea might be monitoring De Jong's situation, which something any club would do and not something worthy of reporting continuously by the likes of Sport, and Chelsea have other priorities, they need to bolster their defense and also get 1 or 2 forward players (assuming Werner will leave too).

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Stay strong brother. Those articles are the work of satan, spreading untruths amongst us. Stay strong for the truth shall be free soon

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Because if you look at some of the posts on the previous pages, it’s a small paragraph with their opinion in a larger piece about something else. The Aggregator tweet account implies that The Athletic have reported that news about de Jong as a new piece of information, when in reality it’s an attached smaller sentence in a different article.
Does it matter? Are you saying it only counts if the entire article is about FDJ and Chelsea? Journalists can and do mix opinion with "facts"/info they have in articles.

OmarUnited4ever

Liam & Simon cover Chelsea, so I can at least trust their info when they say Chelsea is "monitoring" De Jong's situation, but they are not connected to Manchester United, who, and according to the Athletic too, agreed a fee for De Jong with Barcelona, nor are they connected with Barca (Mitten for example has few connections with Barca), nor they are also connected to De Jong or his camp, hence, why they do not mention they have sources on what De Jong's preference is, and instead said it is their "impression" De Jong prefers Chelsea.

Redcy

Please? How about refusing to turn up for the tour or training? Having your agent start legal proceedings? Going to the press and telling them exactly how much Barcelona owe you and how they’re refusing to give it to you? There’s many, many ways to force someone’s hand that don’t involve sitting around and waiting like a pleb for 12 weeks.
none of those help him get his money if reports are true. If eventually barca try to use any legal tactic to get him to reduce his wage, anything he does by not playing/turning up is going to go against his case.

he can’t start legal process for anything, he isn’t owed any money, yet. Barca are paying him what he is owed so far, what they want is for him to either reduce his pay on a new contract or leave, in which case he doesn’t get anything.

on the other hand frenkie has them over a barrel by being able to stay on his current wage. That’s the only legal maneuvering he has, if he stops playing, strikes or anything he will be in breach of his contract and barca could use that as a way to get a renegotiation

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he joins Chelsea, mental gymnastics here, from all posters whom are convinced he’s coming here, are going to be a sight to behold. :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Whitwell, Ornstein or the Chelsea journos are still nowhere near this. Don’t lose your heads

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Chelsea have spent 80m so far, are about to spend another 130m on Fofana and the Brighton lad, also want Dumphreys for 30m. So that’s 240m. Werner is leaving likely on loan - so they’ll want at least 1 other attacker. How the feck can they also afford 70m on FDJ when they have 3 other starting CMs?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Liam & Simon cover Chelsea, so I can at least trust their info when they say Chelsea is "monitoring" De Jong's situation, but they are not connected to Manchester United, who, and according to the Athletic too, agreed a fee for De Jong with Barcelona, nor are they connected with Barca (Mitten for example has few connections with Barca), nor they are also connected to De Jong or his camp, hence, why they do not mention they have sources on what De Jong's preference is, and instead said it is their "impression" De Jong prefers Chelsea.
So how do you know that Chelsea haven't been told by the FDJ camp and given that info to journalists at the Athletic? If they potentially do have connections there.

mu4c_20le

Common sense says this journalist doesn't have connections with FDJ or any party that has had discussions with FDJ, or his agency etc? Perhaps even a friend or current teammate could have given them this info direct from FDJ. We don't know, but let's not just pretend it's not a possibility.
Ok, anything is possible. I think it is improbable though, because they don't really need him this year, and have more pressing concerns, like a defender and a striker.

OmarUnited4ever

So how do you know that Chelsea haven't been told by the FDJ camp and given that info to journalists at the Athletic? If they potentially do have connections there.
Because they would have mentioned that by saying "Sources tell the Athletic", and it would a be a huge scoop and they would want to report that.

cyberman

The point about United makes no sense though. The reason he hasn’t left is because of his wage issue. Nothing to do with us. If Whitwell followed up with this I would be worried but until then I’m not concerned.
Isn’t the wage issue on Barcas end and not De Jong? One point I never see brought up is that his deferred wage is now his real wage. That trick Barca pulled works both ways. We may try to separate the two but, somehow, De Jong is now a player that is on around 500K a week. Of course he wont move for anything significantly less, why would he? It’s not a deferred wage problem imo, it’s never been about that.
It’s almost the exact same problem we have with the likes of Martial.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
I’m now on this now thread because of the butterflies bit, I had to read the title change to get. It means that negativity posts are just our little butterflies flapping their little things in the air!!

Greck

Teamtalk are reporting that our final offer includes paying the debt but that's probably old news on here. I can't be arsed reading through the pages of madness
I'd rather not even sign anyone than pay that debt. Although I'd rather we find an alternative than not sign anyone. Wouldn't that be similar to the Pogba transfer where we ended up caving and paying Raiola some ridiculous jumbo fee separate of the negotiated fee?

Club should ignore fans saying to pay the debt. They'll be the ones dissing the club for constantly getting ripped off in less than 12 months.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If he joins Chelsea, mental gymnastics here, from all posters whom are convinced he’s coming here, are going to be a sight to behold. :lol:
Why will there? We will all just be gutted he didn’t come.

Mainoldo

Have Chelsea won a battle yet in this window? :lol: :lol:

They don’t have a clue what they are doing. They probably will bid for him but only if we fail to secure him. So I wouldn’t worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.