Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

Hang on I thought we were told that getting de Jong was holding up all our other signings, and that our transfer business was shit because we could not do more than one negotiation at time, where did all those muppets go

TheLord

There are rumours that United are offering 375k per week for FDJ's services. Chelsea would be crazy to spend that big when they already have one of the best midfields in the League. This deal makes no sense to me unless they want to offload Jorginho.

Blood Mage

I'm sure he would join Chelsea over us, it would be a sensible choice if we're being honest. The only question is do Chelsea want him or would they rather save funds for a striker? I'm thinking the latter so De Jong is most likely still coming here.

LARulz

There are rumours that United are offering 375k per week for FDJ's services. Chelsea would be crazy to spend that big when they already have one of the best midfields in the League. This deal makes no sense to me unless they want to offload Jorginho.
They don't need to offer that much. Chelsea are in CL and are in London which has much bigger pull than Manchester. That honestly does impact their decision

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hang on I thought we were told that getting de Jong was holding up all our other signings, and that our transfer business was shit because we could not do more than one negotiation at time, where did all those muppets go
We signed 3 players since then?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They don't need to offer that much. Chelsea are in CL and are in London which has much bigger pull than Manchester. That honestly does impact their decision
The London thing isn’t such a big deal as it used to be, in my opinion. Yes in certain cases but Manchester has grown massively and City have probably actually helped in that regard. It’s becoming a much better city.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Seems like Barca has already arranged their life after de Jong, and Frankie is the only obstacle on their way to happiness.
I can't see him staying there, he's playing his cards alright, and we're risking the entire transfer window on him choosing us. Fair enough.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
It’s a tactic to put pressure on both Frenkie and the fans. They will want Silva over Frankie as he suits Barca more.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Barca want De Jong to stay but only if he takes a paycut
De Jong wants to stay but won’t take a paycut

We appear to be at something of an impasse here

BarstoolProphet

They NEED him to go, they can't afford his contract under their new wage structure. It's either he takes a pay cut, or he goes (well, he can stay on what he's earning now, but they'd make life so difficult for him)

They'd WANT Chelsea to be interested as it would probably start a bidding war between United and Chelsea, earning Barca more money
It was an attempt at a joke on Barca going after Chelsea targets. Damn I suck.

LARulz

The London thing isn’t such a big deal as it used to be, in my opinion. Yes in certain cases but Manchester has grown massively and City have probably actually helped in that regard. It’s becoming a much better city.
I do agree it's much better than it used be (City definitely a key factor) but most people still see it as London vs the rest. If his girlfriend hates the idea of leaving Barcelona, she sure as hell will let him know her feelings about London vs Manchester

But even ignoring that, in a footballing sense we are low down on the pecking order of top clubs right now. Also Chelsea won't offer him peanuts. May not be as much as us but will be a good amount

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It was an attempt at a joke on Barca going after Chelsea targets. Damn I suck.
Yeah i kinda realised that after i replied... sorry haha!

How ironic would it be if Chelsea had 2 players hijacked by Barca, then helped them out by giving them €85m for de Jong

Zed 101

If he is going elsewhere then fingers crossed we get the thanks, no thanks message and can try to supplement our squad in other ways

BarstoolProphet

This must be the most boring "saga" I've witnessed, and yet, here I am.
Sancho first summer was worse by a wide margin. 90% of updates was Fjørtoft tweeting "90-20-10" and no positive updates from reliable United journos.

flappyjay

Kante has gotten injury prone and they are open to letting Jorginho go I believe. The only saving grace here is that they need another CB and a striker. Werner looks on his way to RB on loan, with him gone they will be left without any natural strikers.

Seveneric

Him going to Chelsea would be the most hilarious icing on this shit cake. Would certainly lend credence to those "he's coming, he's agreed terms with United and ETH, you think if he hadn't. United wouldn't have backed out by now" posts.

Idxomer

So many clickbait thread titles.

They should only be updated with significant developments like agreeing a fee with the club or personal terms with the player.

Infra-red

So many clickbait thread titles.

They should only be updated with significant developments like agreeing a fee with the club or personal terms with the player.
To be fair, there haven't been any updates on this saga since June. That was over 800 pages ago in this thread!

This thread hasn't really been about the transfer of FDJ for quite some time.

evil_geko

As expected, the fans are buying whatever the club wants them to, this time through the means of the manager himself.

It will be fun watching us getting dominated in the midfield again this year if we stick by what we have.
Buying what? He literally said that in an interview, what are you on about with this doom mongering?

Status
Not open for further replies.