g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think if they sell one of their main CMs then the FDJ deal could happen but Chelsea aren’t adding him and keeping the rest on the books for the next 12-18 months in my opinion.
Probably, they would sell Jorginho or Kante is the point right. If they don't sign new deals get FDJ in now and sell

Chief123

Some extracts from Romano’s latest video.

“It’s not just the fee, it’s because of the really important salary of Frenkie de Jong to be activated this season. So they need to sell some players and Frenkie de Jong is one of the players who could be on the market.”

….

On the more recent development of Chelsea’s interest, Romano added: “It’s absolutely true that Chelsea are interested in Frenkie de Jong.

“Todd Boehly is in love with the player. Thomas Tuchel is in love with the player. So Chelsea would love to sign Frenkie de Jong.

“They already had some contact with Barcelona to explore this possibility, to understand how much will be the price tag. But there is still no official bid or no official agreement between Barca and Chelsea.

“They will move only in case Frenkie will give the green light to the move. Chelsea will be on it with Frenkie and Barca only in case the player will change his mind.”

“And at the moment, this is still not the case, I am told. Frenkie, as of today, is still insisting to stay at Barcelona and not take a salary cut.”

TheReligion

Abusive
Probably, they would sell Jorginho or Kante is the point right. If they don't sign new deals get FDJ in now and sell
Of course but it’s a risky move unless you have a buyer lined up ready otherwise the window closes and you’re stuck with the lot.

It’s a heck of a lot of hassle, and expense, when they need defensive and forward reinforcements .

Chief123

What’s interesting from the above video is Romano mentioning the main problem for Barca is FDJ’s new salary which is to be activated this season rather than anything about money owed to him.

What he says about Boehly and Tuchel desire in wanting him is a bit concerning.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

“It’s not just the fee, it’s because of the really important salary of Frenkie de Jong to be activated this season. So they need to sell some players and Frenkie de Jong is one of the players who could be on the market.”

….

On the more recent development of Chelsea’s interest, Romano added: “It’s absolutely true that Chelsea are interested in Frenkie de Jong.

“Todd Boehly is in love with the player. Thomas Tuchel is in love with the player. So Chelsea would love to sign Frenkie de Jong.

“They already had some contact with Barcelona to explore this possibility, to understand how much will be the price tag. But there is still no official bid or no official agreement between Barca and Chelsea.

“They will move only in case Frenkie will give the green light to the move. Chelsea will be on it with Frenkie and Barca only in case the player will change his mind.”

“And at the moment, this is still not the case, I am told. Frenkie, as of today, is still insisting to stay at Barcelona and not take a salary cut.”

Groundhog day... nothing new as per usual

TheReligion

Abusive

….

Romano trotted this out weeks ago from recollection. Does not seem new information at all.

I specifically remember laughing at the comment that Boehly loves Frenkie de Jong when in all honestly I doubt he even knew he was a professional football player until recently.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Of course but it’s a risky move unless you have a buyer lined up ready otherwise the window closes and you’re stuck with the lot.

It’s a heck of a lot of hassle, and expense, when they need defensive and forward reinforcements .
"Manchester United plan double SWOOP for Jorginho and Kante"

And then we just get the one that breaks down after three months.

TheReligion

Abusive
"Manchester United plan double SWOOP for Jorginho and Kante"

And then we just get the one that breaks down after three months.
There was a piece in The Athletic saying United were put off by Kante due to his injury record and age.

Would you take Jorginho?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
QUOTE="Summit, post: 29224041, member: 63007"]
Chelsea aren't gonna get him are they? Why would he go there? Such a shite club.

Honestly we need more posts like this just stating the facts
[/QUOTE]

That’s ill-advised. TheReligion wouldn’t stand for such slander about his club.

Chief123

Romano trotted this out weeks ago from recollection. Does not seem new information at all.

I specifically remember laughing at the comment that Boehly loves Frenkie de Jong when in all honestly I doubt he even knew he was a professional football player until recently.
yeah Boehly loving De Jong is defo BS. I bet he can’t even name the players in his own Chelsea squad.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
There was a piece in The Athletic saying United were put off by Kante due to his injury record and age.

Would you take Jorginho?
I don't think either would fit ETH's style really? I just want Frenkie, and Frenkie is who we will get :nervous:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I want this transfer to fail just to see it turning some of you into cynics like me.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Nonsense, he definitely knows him. De Jong is the dutch Rijkaard.

Wing Attack Plan R

Its almost that i wish Barcelona comes to us in a couple of days, when they feel the heat that they wont be able to register all their players in 9 days - and that its very exposed this summer how they have handled their economics - not that UEFA didn't know before this summer, just that they cant pretend longer they don't know now that everybody involved in football, from supporters, journalists and teams in leagues and clubs people dont even know exist are starting to talk about their situation openly in media about the situation (how they can spend 100m euros and more this summer but not pay players wagers). If Barcelona SOMEHOW pull this one through (to not sell a player for a lot of money) and still will register all their players and not cash in big on selling a one starplayer or several players for 10-20m then this will be they final prof that UEFA and their FFP rules are a big joke and that we supporters should stop watching all UEFA tournaments (CL, EL,ECL) both live (buying tickets) or even on TV. Because this is killing football.

But what i wanted to say was that we should leave them hanging, if they contact us in a couple of days, then start negotiate with them for a couple of days and the on their D-day 13 of August, just say that we have changed our mind - and let them sit their with all their players and chose who not to register for at least 6 months or give us FDJ for 60m or else we just walk away. Last 6-7 years every transfer, we have been the underdog in every transfer, not matter the seize of the club we are doing business with (Ajax and specially VDS is always sending us and the player we buy a nice good luck letter och instagram post - but they still get as much as possible for the player they sell (lately VDB and Martinez) - i dont think ANY other club in Europe were ready to pay the money we did for Martinez and that is probably the only reason he is here - if Chelsea knew that Barcelona (of course) wouldn't all suddenly go all in for Kounde, he would have ended up there and for 10-15m euro less because he would rather play in a club that are more stabil then we are and are in the CLs this season and are more likely to invest more then us and have more attractive troop, at least on paper, then us. We need to get the respect we deserve back - both from other clubs and players, we are right now almost begging both Barcelona and FDJ to spend 85m euro on player that Barcelona are that worried about loosing with Gavi and Pedri in the club and getting back all the money the payed for FDJ when he was considered the biggest CM talent in the world (which he is not now) and he has not even been dominating the la liga, he has been nothing more then decent with some good games but we are so desperate both as a fan base and club that we will cheer like we bought Messi or Ronaldo in their prime years if we land this deal because we are not able to get the players we once could.

This club needs to start over, keep down the expectations for 1-2-3 years and give ETH time to try build up a troop from scratch, get rid of 3-4-5 players every transfer window and hopefully buy 1-3 players that will be players that are supposed to fight for a place in the 11 directly and hopefully have 1-2 players from the academy that are there to fight for a place on the bench at least if not the starting eleven directly, like Garnacho for example - what I saw in him against in the last game was the same thing that we saw in Ronaldo against us (playing for Sporting) and in his debut against Bolton - a young boy that believes in himself and that is good enough already to take Rashfords on left wing if we are playing Sancho in the RW position (because Ajax, as mentioned, are asking all suddenly 100m euros for 1 guy that didnt have barely 10g+10a in Eredivison).

I know i mixed a lot of points in this text, but i am so tired of other club and players using us to get max payed for players that are not worth 70% of their asking price - but as soon as we are the club interested the price is 30-40% higher, and we are both stupid and desperate that will pay it in the end - just seeing Maguire play, being our captain after a couple of months in the, costing us 80m, gives a headache).

I have so much more to write and cry over but my english doesn't allow me, because its not good enough, but i hope i made some of my points clear. Over and out (for now....).
+1

Castia

What’s interesting from the above video is Romano mentioning the main problem for Barca is FDJ’s new salary which is to be activated this season rather than anything about money owed to him.

What he says about Boehly and Tuchel desire in wanting him is a bit concerning.

The way I understand it is he’s referred his wages over the last 2 seasons and has been on ‘peanuts’ with the agreement that this season they start paying him the wages owed so his salary is going to shoot up to about 400k a week and then next year it goes up again.

He‘s helped them out through Covid whilst they’ve been spunking money left right and centre and now they have to start paying him back they wanna sell him. No wonder he’s not in a rush to leave he will want every penny from the bastards.

The rumour is he made 3m Euro last season which is just over 50k a week

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No updates today then? Had a few hours gap and was looking fwd to some news :(

crackers0seven

Nah defo Da Miria vibes
He has to sign to be considered di Maria... cesc teased utd for months only to be told he was never interested. Cesc vibes.... Di Maria vibes if we sign frenkie and 12months down the line he claims he never wanted to sign for utd. Little rat.

Syphon Wallet

Can’t wait to say “De Jong vibes” in next years thread.
I can't wait that long, let's just draw a line under it now and say he hasn't joined.

Now, about these rumours that have occurred since I just drew a line under it.... I'm getting Dejong vibes here, we need to walk away!

Status
Not open for further replies.