Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Here is something to send you all off to bed on a cheery note.

Goldbridge's predicted starting 11 for the weekend:

De Gea
Shaw Lindelof Maguire Dalot
Fred McTominay
Elanga Bruno Sancho (if fit)
Rashford​
Why would anyone care about Goldbridges starting 11?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

De Gea
Fred McTominay
Rashford​
Is Ragnick still the manager?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just been listening to Athletic podcast and Mitten said a month ago the answer was FDJ was option a, b and c. Now he’s being told there is a list of plan B’s. I believe we will sign a midfielder.
I think Ronnie is so desperate to leave he will engineer a move too, so we HAVE to sign a forward, especially with Martial injured.
Hey, Cavani is still available! :wenger:
Thank God. We must be close to moving on now.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He did say he got a txt from Miami after the Barca friendly that made his go ‘ooh noooo!’ (He groaned that bit) which is why he dropped his confidence from 60/40 to 50/50. He declined to say what the txt said. Make of that what you will.
If that's the case, why aren't we moving on already? If we're at a point where we're no longer confident behind the scenes, why stick around?

The problem with Mitten is that, from what I've read on here, he's well connected with Barca and United isn't he? So where is the info he's getting coming from? Barcas side or Uniteds side? If it's Barca side, then I'd be a little skeptical, United's side, less so.

GJNJ

Sounds like club aren't optimistic anymore then
You need to stop thinking the press are a gateway into the mind and thinking of the club. Most of what that say is an opinion like anybody else.

Real Name

Just been listening to Athletic podcast and Mitten said a month ago the answer was FDJ was option a, b and c. Now he’s being told there is a list of plan B’s. I believe we will sign a midfielder.
I think Ronnie is so desperate to leave he will engineer a move too, so we HAVE to sign a forward, especially with Martial injured.
Hey, Cavani is still available! :wenger:
Great stuff. Still looks like it's going to be done.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If that's the case, why aren't we moving on already? If we're at a point where we're no longer confident behind the scenes, why stick around?

The problem with Mitten is that, from what I've read on here, he's well connected with Barca and United isn't he? So where is the info he's getting coming from? Barcas side or Uniteds side? If it's Barca side, then I'd be a little skeptical, United's side, less so.
He’s not one to sensationalise so I value his opinion, but at the same time he gives a balanced overview rather than bigging up specifics so he doesn’t give much away. Listening I didn’t feel like it was particularly bad news - and he maintained his 50/50 view.

TheReligion

Abusive
He did say he got a txt from Miami after the Barca friendly that made his go ‘ooh noooo!’ (He groaned that bit) which is why he dropped his confidence from 60/40 to 50/50. He declined to say what the txt said. Make of that what you will.
Another one hedging their bets and refusing to say. Doesn’t really wash with me! Either put your neck out and say what’s what or wind it back in.

Chief123

De Gea
Fred McTominay
Rashford​
That’s probably right to be honest except of course the full backs on the correct sides.

Chief123

You shouldn't but this starting 11 looks likely - maybe Ronaldo starts though.
I’ll be shocked if Ronaldo starts after only 45 mins of pre season. Especially after ETH comments about him needing lots more training yet.

Chief123

Bit of an unpopular opinion here, so don’t shoot me. I know there’s some major meltdowns about Neves being the alternative.

I honestly don’t believe the gap between FDJ and Neves is as big as the feeling here seems to be. Having watched both play quite a lot, I don’t believe Neves is as bad as some think and I don’t think FDJ is as good as most believe.

Ultimately, we are getting FDJ to primarily dictate the tempo and play from a deep position and transition the ball back to front consistently. This is something Neves can 100% do. In fact, I personally believe Neves’ range of short and long passing is better than FDJ. I also think Neves is good enough against the press to be composed in possession and tight situations.

FDJ does have attributes such as being more agile and quicker than Neves. He’s a better traveller with the ball and can actually dribble past a player or two.

But for the primary role that we are looking to fill, I honestly wouldn’t be too gutted if Neves is the alternative. He would be a huge upgrade on McTominay.

Of course I’m still desperate to get FDJ but wouldn’t be too gutted with Neves.

croadyman

Keep your eyes on this thread tomorrow. Rumour has it it’s Frenkie Friday.
Totally convinced it won't be that until Sept 2, well that's only if we can finally resolve this bloody deferred wages issue.

Blood Mage

Bit of an unpopular opinion here, so don’t shoot me. I know there’s some major meltdowns about Neves being the alternative.

I honestly don’t believe the gap between FDJ and Neves is as big as the feeling here seems to be. Having watched both play quite a lot, I don’t believe Neves is as bad as some think and I don’t think FDJ is as good as most believe.

Ultimately, we are getting FDJ to primarily dictate the tempo and play from a deep position and transition the ball back to front consistently. This is something Neves can 100% do. In fact, I personally believe Neves’ range of short and long passing is better than FDJ. I also think Neves is good enough against the press to be composed in possession and tight situations.

FDJ does have attributes such as being more agile and quicker than Neves. He’s a better traveller with the ball and can actually dribble past a player or two.

But for the primary role that we are looking to fill, I honestly wouldn’t be too gutted if Neves is the alternative. He would be a huge upgrade on McTominay.

Of course I’m still desperate to get FDJ but wouldn’t be too gutted with Neves.
Neves would be class for us, there's no shame in him not being as good as De Jong. He's still a better footballer in his sleep than McT and Fred and would be a huge upgrade for our midfield. The real insanity will be if we sign nobody and persist with McFred for another season, it just boggles the mind that we might be prepared to do this.

croadyman

I do think we have at least one more signing in us. De Jong will not be it though. My money is on that tall young striker and thats our business done most likely.
We definitely need two and one of them has to be a deep lying playmaker even if it's not this guy

Fanta Stick

Neves would be class for us, there's no shame in him not being as good as De Jong. He's still a better footballer in his sleep than McT and Fred and would be a huge upgrade for our midfield. The real insanity will be if we sign nobody and persist with McFred for another season, it just boggles the mind that we might be prepared to do this.
Would Neves even come?

Chief123

Huge conjecture on this. How is that journalism?

I’ve heard a few reports now saying Chelsea and Boehly are prepared to spend upto £300m this summer. That’s insane but also worrying if true. Especially with regards to FDJ.

the_cliff

The optimism I have for this season depends on this signing.

If FDJ stays at Barca or goes to Chelsea it will undoubtedly be the worst transfer window post Fergie and that includes the summer of Fred and Dalot.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The optimism I have for this season depends on this signing.

If FDJ stays at Barca or goes to Chelsea it will undoubtedly be the worst transfer window post Fergie and that includes the summer of Fred and Dalot.

You forgot the summer of felleini?

Status
Not open for further replies.