Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

Barcelona are about to activate the fourth economic lever and sell the remaining 24.5% of Barça Studios to TPG Luma Partners, owner of Cirque du Soleil. The club will get €100m. (via @relevo)

Maybe they won't have to sell FDJ at all.
I thought Cirque du Soleil had filed bankruptcy protection, no?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Perhaps, but surely it would be more beneficial to Chelsea to get a quality striker in rather than yet another midfielder. Just seems really odd to me.

Plus it's the fact that all this de Jong to Chelsea news is literally a sentence added to another article, almost as if it's been added just as a passing mention
Yeah, as I’ve maintained this whole time I don’t think there’s anything to these De Jong rumors and won’t think so until an actual bid goes in or Romano/Ornstein say “advanced negotiations.”

CB + forward and I think our business is done.

lex talionis

August 13 is apparently quite an important date in this saga. 8 days of internet forum drama.

el3mel

Absolutely nothing is changing regarding how we negotiate for our transfers. Just wasted an entire summer running behind one guy, again.

What a joke.

Speako

For all those currently playing Everybody Hurts on repeat, don’t worry, it isn’t over. Not yet. Keep the faith.

Reactions: Penna

captaincantona

Absolutely nothing is changing regarding how we negotiate for our transfers. Just wasted an entire summer running behind one guy, again.

What a joke.
It is rather bizarre that we become so fixated on Fabrgas/Thiago/DeJong etc. and not just have logical straightforward contingencies. We are a shambles - lest you forget…we brought an interim manager in before Xmas last year in order to be ready for this Sunday. That was the sole purpose of the consultancy debacle…8 months prep to sign a guy with a heart condition on a free, overpay for polly pockets boyfriend and pinch and unknown fullback from the jaws of the mighty Lyon.

What the F*k is wrong with the people who run this club?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Given all the sources seek to be saying the feeling is he'd pick Chelsea ..... Bit pathetic and a hilariously bad feck up on our part.

Its funny how 2 of the worst run clubs out there are part of this. You keep thinking surely Barcelona aren't this stupid to keep signing players they can't afford, only for them to not be able to register them when they thought they could. And then you think surely United isn't this stupid to waste 3 months prioritizing a player who doesn't want to join... Only for it to turn out to be true. Embarassing. Again.

Hopefully Fred becomes world class with ten Hag I guess...

Withnail

Given all the sources seek to be saying the feeling is he'd pick Chelsea ..... Bit pathetic and a hilariously bad feck up on our part.

Its funny how 2 of the worst run clubs out there are part of this. You keep thinking surely Barcelona aren't this stupid to keep signing players they can't afford, only for them to not be able to register them when they thought they could. And then you think surely United isn't this stupid to waste 3 months prioritizing a player who doesn't want to join... Only for it to turn out to be true. Embarassing. Again.

Hopefully Fred becomes world class with ten Hag I guess...
Which sources? Aren't they all just parroting Redknapp?

Chelsea haven't even bid yet, have they?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So are we worried by Redknapps comments? I mean why would he lie but then why would anyone high high high up at United be talking to him?

el3mel

Our huge expected rebuild for the new upcoming manager is shaping up to be signing 2 guys from Eredivisie for combined total of 70m and a free transfer. :lol:

We haven't literally solved any problem in the squad. Midfield is still shit, the attack looks weaker than last season and we didn't even find a solution for Ronaldo's situation.

We're a joke.

Lee565

This is the price we pay for chasing a player above our means, we have to start acting humble and wake up to the fact that we not on Bayern, Barca, city, Liverpool or Madrid level in terms of pull currently and go for players on the rise to be great, no pogba, de Jong, sanchez, di maria types

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Most sources that I've seen mention any Chelsea links have usually been in little throwaway sentences at the end of other articles.

I don't think any credible source has done a full article on de Jong going to Chelsea, although I might be wrong on that

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Mitten, Stone, the best chelsea sources all feel he'd prefer them over United.... Sure it's speculation. But you don't have better sources and they're all pretty consistent. I guess we can dream that Chelsea just won't make an offer, but that doesn't seem likely.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Mitten, Stone, the best chelsea sources all feel he'd prefer them over United.... Sure it's speculation. But you don't have better sources and they're all pretty consistent. I guess we can dream that Chelsea just won't make an offer, but that doesn't seem likely.
Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.