Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean, we're fecked if not! Though unlike most I'm not dead set on a midfielder.. Frenkie is a dream signing and it is a position of need, but we need to sell if he comes. Probably Donny and loan Garner.

I'm just desperate for a right winger and to sort out the Ronaldo situation finally, either he stays or goes and we bring another striker in. Can't keep running. Those 2 things are more important than a midfielder for me.
I think Eriksen can and will play a little deeper. He seems to have been overlooked and underestimated in my opinion.

I do think EtH will get more from what he has and that will surprise people. The additional of a very comfortable ball playing high line centre back will also really improve our ball retention and progression.

We do need two more players though in my opinion if we want to challenge the top 4. The club and Ten Hag have openly said a forward, preferably a versatile one, and a midfielder, were important to the plans this summer.

I think we will have an active end to the window.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Where has this redknapp news come from? I imagine it's just hearsay anyway, he's not going to be privy to the Chelsea board.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
For people saying Barca are putting Chelsea’s name out there… this does not make sense. We have already agreed a fee with them supposedly; so why would they need to put pressure on United to start fake rumours ?
They're probably putting pressure on United to pay the deferred wages, because i imagine Barca don't want too or won't. So by Barca saying Chelsea are interested and he'd rather go there, they're pressuring United into making an attempt to cover the wages and probably pay the entire fee as a fixed amount rather than in addons.

Thats my reasoning as for why they'd do that anyway. Regardless of whether a fee is agreed or not, Barca can still try their best to change it to make it more appealing to them

Tony247

I am not getting this bit of Barca selling future income. If future income is reduced then in future will it not again have impact on salary cap and FFP?

TheReligion

Abusive
Nah, they would bid otherwise. As for us, he probably said he is open to coming if and once his wages will be sorted.

Now, that was a long time ago as we all know and things can change. In any case, with Barcelona having issues with players registration this should be solved in the next 8 days. One way or the other.
Yeah I think we will know more this time next week one way or another.

I think it benefits De Jong and his agent if there is interest from other clubs in terms of negotiating the best possible deal too. They will be quite happy to have Chelsea and Bayern mentioned, even if they have given the green light to United, as it strengthens their position in demanding top money.

Clearly De Jong wants paying either way.

fps

At this point we don't have much positive stuff to go on beyond the club still seemingly briefing that they're confident, or that they believe De Jong wants to come.

Big week next week, I think. He will be ours.
I can imagine the press conference.

"Barcelona was my dream, but now I'm here, this is a big club and there's a lot to do."

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Where has this redknapp news come from? I imagine it's just hearsay anyway, he's not going to be privy to the Chelsea board.
Apparently Redknapp has been told by someone at the very very very top of United (People think Fergie) that de Jong has decided to go to Chelsea and his mind is made, so United definitely won't get him.

If thats the case, then the briefs we've put out saying we're confident are utter BS and we're just staying around for... well... who knows? It makes no sense to me, but i have no idea

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Not talking about the manager he’s not negotiating for players you daft cnut

I’m talking about the fecking chuckle brothers Murtough and Arnold.

To start the season with the squad in this state should be a sackable offence. You arguing it isn’t?
Pretty much I guess. They’ve been in the job a few months each, and both of them going would just create more turmoil for the club. It certainly wouldn’t effect what happens on the pitch this season. Seems hyperbolic and knee jerk to be honest.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not talking about the manager he’s not negotiating for players you daft cnut

I’m talking about the fecking chuckle brothers Murtough and Arnold.

To start the season with the squad in this state should be a sackable offence. You arguing it isn’t?
:lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It would make our conduct absolutely staggering if people at the club know he wants to go to Chelsea :lol: it would be a new level of what the bloody hell.
If people at the club knew he wanted to go to Chelsea and we're still briefing that we're confident, then thats a whole new level of BS. Thats incompetence at the highest level haha.
You'd like to believe that not even United are that stupid, but who knows....

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m surprised people think Ten Hag would have actually named De Jong at the press conference earlier (without prompting) if he thought the deal was off.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’m surprised people think Ten Hag would have actually named De Jong at the press conference earlier (without prompting) if he thought the deal was off.
He didn't name him... The journo asked him about Frenkie, and he said "Frenkie? I didn't know we were interested?" As the journo was speaking like it was officially club reported that we were going after him as our main target (obviously, but it's never stated). So EtH shot it down and said he can't comment on players not here and that he's happy with the squad.

NZT-One

If people at the club knew he wanted to go to Chelsea and we're still briefing that we're confident, then thats a whole new level of BS. Thats incompetence at the highest level haha.
You'd like to believe that not even United are that stupid, but who knows....
Whats with all the negativity all of a sudden?

RkkMan

I mean, we're fecked if not! Though unlike most I'm not dead set on a midfielder.. Frenkie is a dream signing and it is a position of need, but we need to sell if he comes. Probably Donny and loan Garner.

I'm just desperate for a right winger and to sort out the Ronaldo situation finally, either he stays or goes and we bring another striker in. Can't keep running. Those 2 things are more important than a midfielder for me.
You don't think solving our biggest problem position for a decade is our biggest problem?
We could sign prime Bale for the RW if we don't sign a CM we won't finish in the top 4 and will be lucky to hit top 6

OrcaFat

Exactly, it seems that there is lots of rubbish going around and no one truly knows whats happening.
If de Jong truly wanted to go to Chelsea, then I really don't think ten Hag would wait around. He'd just pull the plug and say thats it, no point in trying to change de Jongs mind if he wants Chelsea and thats it. I think a lot of the stuff going around is hearsay and speculation.
I agree.

It can be irritating when speculation is disguised as reporting but we know why they do it, mostly for clicks but in Mitten’s case, he is constantly being asked about this and is trying his best to provide some kind of interesting comment, it’s how he makes his living. He is a good guy, I think, and is pretty measured unless he has something concrete to report. We just have to treat all this stuff - the unverifiable noise - equally until there is something tangible to go on.

Speculation-wise, could it be that young Frenkie did give ETH assurances but is now backtracking to “maybe” so he can ponder his options…?

Tony247

Apparently Redknapp has been told by someone at the very very very top of United (People think Fergie) that de Jong has decided to go to Chelsea and his mind is made, so United definitely won't get him.

If thats the case, then the briefs we've put out saying we're confident are utter BS and we're just staying around for... well... who knows? It makes no sense to me, but i have no idea
Courage. Stay focused.

United would have pulled the plug in that case and journos were briefed. I am banking on basic commonsense of people at united. Even Erik today wasn't dismissive. He was asked point blank. Out of dozen possible answers he chose "if we have a news we will bring it".

Flexdegea

It is rather bizarre that we become so fixated on Fabrgas/Thiago/DeJong etc. and not just have logical straightforward contingencies. We are a shambles - lest you forget…we brought an interim manager in before Xmas last year in order to be ready for this Sunday. That was the sole purpose of the consultancy debacle…8 months prep to sign a guy with a heart condition on a free, overpay for polly pockets boyfriend and pinch and unknown fullback from the jaws of the mighty Lyon.

What the F*k is wrong with the people who run this club?

What the f*k is wrong with you :lol:

Take a step back, and deep breaths. You can't be this raged, emotional outburst of a women on her moons

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Whats with all the negativity all of a sudden?
I'm not negative, i'm just saying it would be absolutely ridiculous if the club knew he wanted to go to Chelsea and we were briefing that we were still confident. I can't see us doing that, we're not THAT incompetent.
We must know something thats keeping us around, either the Chelsea rumours aren't as concrete as the media makes them out to be, or we're still in with a good shout at getting him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Well if he's not lying that's curtains then isn't it, but wouldn't be a surprise with how it's gone.
The funnier thing is Chelsea have spent around 140m GBP and they're bidding 70M for Fofana, and somehow they want De Jong.

Harry knows nothing, he's an ex Spurs and QPR manager but he's said what he's said to seem relevant. You think someone is honestly leaking info to a former manager? I really doubt it. Even Gary Neville and Rio don't get fed united transfer news.

Barcelona in their financial position don't care about De Jong at all, they'll sell him to the highest bidder. If United bid 10-15M more than Chelsea they're not going to care what FDJ thinks. They want money to register players. "If Chelsea wanted you that badly they'd have outpaid United"

NZT-One

I'm not negative, i'm just saying it would be absolutely ridiculous if the club knew he wanted to go to Chelsea and we were briefing that we were still confident. I can't see us doing that, we're not THAT incompetent.
We must know something thats keeping us around, either the Chelsea rumours aren't as concrete as the media makes them out to be, or we're still in with a good shout at getting him.
Ridiculous or embarrassing :) ?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It would make our conduct absolutely staggering if people at the club know he wants to go to Chelsea :lol: it would be a new level of what the bloody hell.
I think even if we know that, we will still try in case Chelsea pull out because of financial aspect. It’s quite clear ETH wants him or nobody anyway.

TheReligion

Abusive
He didn't name him... The journo asked him about Frenkie, and he said "Frenkie? I didn't know we were interested?" As the journo was speaking like it was officially club reported that we were going after him as our main target (obviously, but it's never stated). So EtH shot it down and said he can't comment on players not here and that he's happy with the squad.
He did make light of it though and joked. Not sure he’d be like that if he thought it had fallen through given how much he wants him? I wouldn’t.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Ridiculous or embarrassing :) ?
I'm not going to deny it, if the club DID know he wanted to go to Chelsea and still briefed to the contrary saying we were confident and sure he wants to come to us, then that is flat out embarrassing. I really don't think we'd do that though as image wise, that would be majorly damaging

Status
Not open for further replies.