Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The funnier thing is Chelsea have spent around 140m GBP and they're bidding 70M for Fofana, and somehow they want De Jong.

Harry knows nothing, he's an ex Spurs and QPR manager but he's said what he's said to seem relevant.

Barcelona in their financial position don't care about De Jong at all, they'll sell him to the highest bidder. If United bid 10-15M more than Chelsea they're not going to care what FDJ thinks. They want money to register players.
Who knows really? no idea why he'd say he's been told by somebody high up at United that.

As you say though hopefully Chelsea aren't that interested would rather spend elsewhere.

Chief123

Arnold and Murtough going to Barcelona, the grin from Murtough, Erik's response today in the presser, the fact that the club has been so confident of it this summer - the fact is these thing all make me still confident in the transfer.

Every saga needs another club involved to make it interesting. Maybe not this one since the circus surrounding Barca is crazy enough but the other names needed to be thrown in really. I mean even the Bruno transfer had Spurs for a little while.

Yep, this one is happening.
This is the kind of hopium and dopamine I needed. You are the hero we don’t deserve. We keep fighting and praying!

Mods give this precious newbie a few more likes! Put him in the notebook, mark his card, remember his name!

Tony247

Not talking about the manager he’s not negotiating for players you daft cnut

I’m talking about the fecking chuckle brothers Murtough and Arnold.

To start the season with the squad in this state should be a sackable offence. You arguing it isn’t?
Looks like this one snapped.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Courage. Stay focused.

United would have pulled the plug in that case and journos were briefed. I am banking on basic commonsense of people at united. Even Erik today wasn't dismissive. He was asked point blank. Out of dozen possible answers he chose "if we have a news we will bring it".
That last line is interesting to be fair

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You don't think solving our biggest problem position for a decade is our biggest problem?
We could sign prime Bale for the RW if we don't sign a CM we won't finish in the top 4 and will be lucky to hit top 6
I think Fred is a good player, Bruno is a good player and ten hag will be able to fit Eriksen/Donny in there for other situations who both have their qualities too. Eriksen especially is an excellent player. Mctominay a good squad player. Garner has potential but also a premier league level player anyway.

Our wings have Rashford and Sancho and nobody else. There are 5 subs this year. You need 3 wingers to compete with each other over a season at least, especially with 5 subs. We currently are playing elanga, a championship level footballer, if anyone gets injured. That's desperately bad. 2nd is striker, seeing as Martial can't stay fit and Ronaldo is 37, doesn't suit Ten Hag, and wants out.

Yeah, our midfield needs more. But it's a "full group" and good enough to be a top 4 challenging midfield in the right system. Our starting wingers are title challenging quality, whereas our depth there is championship quality. And that's the problem.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
:lol: Oh Mr NZT you cheeky rascal! How far you try to bait brownie like that!
I'll admit it my planty friend, if the club did something as stupid as that, it would be embarrassing haha. I don't think they would though, it would be too much of a hit to their image and we're supposed to be building it up, not destroying it again

NZT-One

:lol: Oh Mr NZT you cheeky rascal! How far you try to bait brownie like that!
I'm not going to deny it, if the club DID know he wanted to go to Chelsea and still briefed to the contrary saying we were confident and sure he wants to come to us, then that is flat out embarrassing. I really don't think we'd do that though as image wise, that would be majorly damaging
:D Guys, come on, you said it is for the fun so at least grant me something

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don’t think it’s happening by any means but how the feck would Harry know?
Because clearly if you've been a manager at a major rival, then a non related club that employed you leaks you information and tells you to report it to a podcast/interview that has very little followers. It's not like that podcast/interview would promote itself to try get listeners would it?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He did make light of it though and joked. Not sure he’d be like that if he thought it had fallen through given how much he wants him? I wouldn’t.
Eh, maybe, not sure. When I saw it I didn't think anything of it other than a standard won't talk much about other players and was more just joking about how the reporter asked the question. Hope I'm wrong though. I've lost hope the last week or 2 :lol:

Real Name

Apparently Redknapp has been told by someone at the very very very top of United (People think Fergie) that de Jong has decided to go to Chelsea and his mind is made, so United definitely won't get him.

If thats the case, then the briefs we've put out saying we're confident are utter BS and we're just staying around for... well... who knows? It makes no sense to me, but i have no idea
Jesus Christ man, if you're pulling out too..

Real Name

Absolutely no chance of that. I'm here till the bitter end, either basking in muppetdom, or going down with the sinking ship.
I'm going nowhere lads
That's the spirit! Few of us muppets must stay strong till the end even if it's the worst possible end.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
That's the spirit! Few of us muppets must stay strong till the end even if it's the worst possible end.
This aint my first rodeo haha.
If this was over, we'd know by now. WIth the amount of crap going round in the last few days, United would have briefed accordingly. Not saying we're still confident but a little frustrated.
We'd be saving face if we'd been rejected. We'd spin it to make out it was US that left the table, not de Jong rejecting us.

Shark

@NotShark
Could this be the worst saga in our history? It's just been a total shit show. Even by Woodward standards.

redshaw

The only thing with Harry's audio is he says De Jong really wants to go to Chelsea repeatedly, not that's he's going, so he's willing if Chelsea come in with a bid.

If not he might be willing to join United but then it feels like a challenge to win him over while he's here and could be a lot of chaos if he wants out after a season.

It might be in De Jong's interest to hold out for a season at Barca. Perhaps then Chelsea PSG Bayern can stump up the money in the next window if FFP is a problem. Wonder if a loan to Chelsea with an obligation to buy would be worthwhile in Barca's situation.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The only thing with Harry's audio is he says De Jong really wants to go to Chelsea repeatedly, not that's he's going, so he's willing if Chelsea come in with a bid.

If not he might be willing to join United but then it feels like a challenge to win him over while he's here and could be a lot of chaos if he wants out after a season.

It might be in De Jong's interest to hold out for a season at Barca. Perhaps then Chelsea PSG Bayern can stump up the money in the next window if FFP is a problem.
The whole point is they can't keep him, because they can't register players with him. Barcelona is his employer, they don't want him.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

It might be in De Jong's interest to hold out for a season at Barca. Perhaps then Chelsea PSG Bayern can stump up the money in the next window if FFP is a problem.
Nothing that an extra 20 or 30k a week wouldn't sort i'd imagine

Yeah I think we will know more this time next week one way or another.

I think it benefits De Jong and his agent if there is interest from other clubs in terms of negotiating the best possible deal too. They will be quite happy to have Chelsea and Bayern mentioned, even if they have given the green light to United, as it strengthens their position in demanding top money.

Clearly De Jong wants paying either way.
It’s very good/beneficial for De Jong and his agent to try getting United to shit their pants now. Then they have Barca shitting it he’ll stay, and have United shitting it that he wants to go to a rival (just look how we reacted to Ronaldo > City).

One way or another, this lad is getting his fecking money. Barca are hardballing him, United seem reluctant to go that extra extra mile, and the seasons start now.

El-Manos

Could this be the worst saga in our history? It's just been a total shit show. Even by Woodward standards.
The new fella is not after a good start, we’ll put it that way. Ten hag seems to be patient this time but I’m not sure how long that will last.

NZT-One

Isn't it already? The most discouraging thing is that after such a ride, there are no winners anyways... Nobody comes out such a saga looking good. Personally I wouldn't overestimate the chelsea links now. I am sure, somebody in the club will make a phonecall to the new owner reminding him that while spending is cool and all, midfield isn't of such an importance.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Laporta is shocked to see that the wage bill has gone up. Hmm, would that be down to all of the signings you have been making, you greedy, fat feck?
He must have used Essiens calculator before. You love to see these fools fail on a daily level

Real Name

Laporta is shocked to see that the wage bill has gone up. Hmm, would that be down to all of the signings you have been making, you greedy, fat feck?
Where's that Barca fan who said they made a mess and now they need to tidy it up. By buying some more players apparently. :lol:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Do remember lads, Harry works for betting companies, easy dosh for your employer to go public with a shit, ITK quote that will get people to lump on Chelsea.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Where's that Barca fan who said they made a mess and now they need to tidy it up. By buying some more players apparently. :lol:
He was sent to live on a farm, over the rainbow bridge, after @jojojo took him around the back and blew his face off with a shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.