Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancal

Supports
Footy
This is serious, I don't think Barcelona football club will exist in a few years. Mental to say that about such a big club but they have been run horrendously.
De jong will have to leave then for sure :)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So will the fourth “lever” alone be enough, or will they also need to sell players like Memphis/Frenkie to be able to register the 5, no 7, players?
I would presume they do need to sell. And Crafton is saying they have asked Pique and Busquets to take further pay cuts to help things along.

The below information from Crafton's article sheds some light on the mess they find themselves in.

Adam Crafton: "Last summer, Pique took a salary cut to allow then-new signings Memphis Depay and Eric Garcia to be registered in a similar manner. One year on, Depay is one of those players Barcelona are currently trying to shift out of the club."

You mean 2005? No. Chelsea are in a much healthier place now than Liverpool were then.
No, I mean 2007, two years after they won the CL.

See how daft your opinion is, that season they had just finished 3rd, 2 years after winning the Champions League. Who finished 3rd last season again?

Joining Chelsea now is incredibly similar to joining Liverpool in 2007, neither club have been anywhere close to a league title for years, neither look(ed) remotely likley to do so in future. A bizarre CL win in a season they otherwise were dogshit doesn’t change that.

RORY65

See how daft your opinion is, that season they had just finished 3rd, 2 years after winning the Champions League. Who finished 3rd last season again?
Liverpool made the top 4 and lost a champions league semi final in 2008 and then were in a title race until the last couple of games in 2009. I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't be too upset about that and we can only dream of doing that currently so what is the point you're making?

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

Joining Chelsea now is incredibly similar to joining Liverpool in 2007, neither club have been anywhere close to a league title for years, neither look remotely likley to do so in future.
Well, I guess you showed me. Enjoy your day.

Liverpool made the top 4 and lost a champions league semi final in 2008 and then were in a title race until the last couple of games in 2009. I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't be too upset about that and we can only dream of doing that currently so what is the point you're making?
And then what happened from 2009 onwards? Would they not be too upset about winning nothing for another 10 years? 2 years that bizarre CL win until 2017.

My point is that joining Chelsea is a guarantee of absolutely nothing, as is joining United, it’s a toss up every season now as to who is the shittest.

RORY65

And then what happened from 2009 onwards? Would they not be too upset about winning nothing for another 10 years? After that bizarre CL win?

My point is that joining Chelsea is a guarantee of absolutely nothing, as is joining United, it’s a toss up every season now as to who is the shittest.
They had absolutely shit owners who nearly run them in to the ground, if that happens to Chelsea then sure they might have some issues. While joining Chelsea is no guarantee of success it's certainly a much safer bet, they have been a lot more successful than us for the last decade (2 more league titles and 1 more Champions League post Ferguson) and have a better squad to continue that for the years to come.

They had absolutely shit owners who nearly run them in to the ground, if that happens to Chelsea then sure they might have some issues. While joining Chelsea is no guarantee of success it's certainly a much safer bet, they have been a lot more successful than us for the last decade (2 more league titles and 1 more Champions League post Ferguson) and have a better squad to continue that for the years to come.
They have one more league title than Liverpool too, not sure how that’s relevant, was a completely different team, different manager, different owner, and fecking 5 years ago the last time.

Since then they haven’t gotten better than 19 points of a league title, even we’ve done fecking better than that.

Just the season before last we finished ahead of them, and the seasons before that. Last season was the first in 3 seasons they finished ahead of us, and managed a massive 74 points, even fexking Ole managed a season that many points.

Last edited:

Godfather

I mean I know the word embarrassing is not welcome on here but feck me. If he chooses Chelski over us after we chased him all summer and put all our eggs in the Frenkie basket this would be a bit of an embarrassing outcome. Especially as we seem to have absolutely no proper alternatives lined up.

RORY65

They have one more league title than Liverpool too, not sure how that’s relevant, was a completely different team, different manager, different owner, and fecking 5 years ago the last time.

Since then they haven’t gotten better than 19 points of a league title, even we’ve done fecking better than that.
Well apparently winning the Champions League little over a year ago and finishing well above us last year isn't relevant to you either so God knows what is.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't know how anyone could blame the Sport director and CEO for failing to Sign FDJ if Ten Hag had insisted it has to be him or nothing.
I think we should be analyzing ETH and his pull for the players he has managed who wouldn't move to join him.
All 3 of them need to share the blame. Giving complete control to someone who has managed in Eredivisie and on a shoestring budget. Someone should have stepped in and atleast talked about contingency plans. Frenkie or nothing is so bizarre.

Well apparently winning the Champions League little over a year ago and finishing well above us last year isn't relevant to you either so God knows what is.
2 seasons mert, and well, they were so shite that season they sacked their manager and finished below Ole.

Us finishing 2020 and 2021 ahead of them wasn’t relevant so I don’t know why 2022 with a massive 74 point haul suddenly is.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So another evening with this huge news that de Jong had rejected us and seems to be going to Chelsea and no one has picked it up again. Something very odd going on here if you ask me.

We've had good old 'Arry say he knows for a fact that de Jong is going to Chelsea as someone at the very very very top at United told him... then Hirst added it was stay at Barca or go to Chelsea as a throwaway comment in his article.

Aside from that, another nothing night. Nothing from the club, no brief of any kind, nothing else regarding Chelsea or de Jong rejecting us for them... odd. Seems like it's same old

Aside from that, another nothing night. Nothing from the club, no brief of any kind, nothing else regarding Chelsea or de Jong rejecting us for them... odd. Seems like it's same old
De Jong has been so quiet he’s forced this, in an era of demand for instant news via twitter, it’s now a game of Chinese whispers.

I honestly think only De Jong, his agent, missus, ETH, Murtough, Arnold and very very few others have any clue. I’m not even certain on the Barca lot in fairness (Laporta, Xavi) because why would he say anything other than “pay up or shut up” to them?
And this lack of info is causing an absolute frenzy.

TheReligion

Abusive
So another evening with this huge news that de Jong had rejected us and seems to be going to Chelsea and no one has picked it up again. Something very odd going on here if you ask me.

We've had good old 'Arry say he knows for a fact that de Jong is going to Chelsea as someone at the very very very top at United told him... then Hirst added it was stay at Barca or go to Chelsea as a throwaway comment in his article.

We also know that Chelsea’s number one target is Fofana who is going to cost well over £70m.

The Jacobs tweet suggests Boehly will push hard for him.

Not sure where that leaves them and De Jong..

redshaw

Chelsea do have a manager that can be impressive to players though.

He took PSG that routinely failed midway in the CL to a final and a semi final back to back, moves to Chelsea and he's in another final 6 months later and beats Pep. He's good at getting to finals in cups at least, has lost some like the FA Cup.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
De Jong has been so quiet he’s forced this, in an era of demand for instant news via twitter, it’s now a game of Chinese whispers.
Absolutely. It bodes well for de Jong though, if he does want to come to United he could use the Chelsea interest to get a mega contract out of United. Its good all round for him.

Still, I do wonder how legit half of this news is. All it takes is for a rogue bit of dodgy information to get into the right hands and it spreads like wildfire.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What seems absolutely certain is that De Jong will be leaving. They need him to.

Hopefully we get somebody like Sam Allardcye or Alan Pardew come out tomorrow and randomly say they’ve heard from high ups at Chelsea that de Jong wants United, that’ll balance it up

Stadjer

He took PSG that routinely failed midway in the CL to a final and a semi final back to back, moves to Chelsea and he's in another final 6 months later and beats Pep. He's good at getting to finals in cups at least, has lost some like the FA Cup.
He is nothing compared to ETH! Tuchel is overrated and failed at PSG... atleast that is what the people on here told me!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We also know that Chelsea’s number one target is Fofana who is going to cost well over £70m.

The Jacobs tweet suggests Boehly will push hard for him.

Not sure where that leaves them and De Jong..
I've not seen the tweet but its as I say, everything linking Chelsea to de Jong and them being favourites has been said in passing comments at the end of other articles, as if it's just been added in case it's true, they can say we mentioned this on xx date.

I know Chelsea have deep pockets now, but surely they can't go that mental where they pay a crap ton for Fofana then add a shit ton more for de Jong and a striker??

He hasn’t won a league outside of fecking PsG, not even gotten close in fact.
And getting Ajax to a CL semi, a few seconds from a final is much more impressive than Tuchel’s PSG record.

Tuchel’s a good manager, but massively overrated due to that bizarre CL win. Yet no-one would’ve claimed Di Matteo or Avram Grant an amazing coach.

Seriously, take that bizarre CL win away, when he’d only been in the job a few months and what have you got?
Feck all of note in Germany, feck all of note in England, 2 titles at PsG and left mid-season with them floundering, a position that would carry on even after he left.

I like him, good manager, massively overrated. People put him just below Klopp and Guardiola, when in reality he’s below Conte.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The noise is concerning for sure ( not Arry, that’s just comical) but when you think logically and with Eriks comments earlier it’s still hard to believe we don’t think he will come. Even if he has changed his mind he would let ten Hag know, “I was coming but I fancy Chelsea more now they are interested”. I’m still confident he is coming soon because it’s painfully obvious Barca need him gone now and I’m not convinced of Chelsea’s interest or how serious they are about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.