Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
In what way?
Well first he said he got a text from Miami saying that De Jong preferred a move to London over Manchester the other week, which is why he said that last week, but he said he's still 50/50, Chelsea have many midfielders and are a smaller club than United so it's hard to see where De Jong fits in their plans. Went on to say that it will probably drag on until the end of the window and there's a lot riding on if he starts Barcelona's first couple of games, also said that United's top people have been in Barcelona for talks way more than what's being reported. Lastly he said that when he spoke to people at United last month it was De Jong or no one, now they're saying there's a plan B and they're speaking to others, plus, United are speaking to strikers right now too.

OleGunnar20

You muppets are made of tough stuff. I salute each and every one of you for your perseverance through this trying time.

Orange Tree

Can we get Raphina, Roberto and Lewa on loan instead? Think we are covered in CB position.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mitten, Stone, the best chelsea sources all feel he'd prefer them over United.... Sure it's speculation. But you don't have better sources and they're all pretty consistent. I guess we can dream that Chelsea just won't make an offer, but that doesn't seem likely.
You’re being dramatic mate. It’s being parroted about he prefers Chelsea but no one actually knows that’s the case. It seems to be assumptions based on CL football and location.

There were comments made the other day by sky sports football experts that he preferred United. There’s also been tweets during this saga that he didn’t want to move to Chelsea.

Essentially everything and anything has been said and it seems no one really has a clue what’s going on.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Mitten said yesterday that they don't have a DOF right now so their new owner is just flying around Europe hijacking bids for every player possible with no idea how it's going to work.
Which is obvious. If all this guff about projects and how a player fits in to the manager’s philosophy actually has any impact he’ll be joining ETH.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Mitten, Stone, the best chelsea sources all feel he'd prefer them over United.... Sure it's speculation. But you don't have better sources and they're all pretty consistent. I guess we can dream that Chelsea just won't make an offer, but that doesn't seem likely.
The thing that gets me is that de Jong's camp has been silent throughout the whole thing and the media stories have been consistent - he wants to stay. I think a lot of speculation he'd rather go to Chelsea because of the CL, being in London, new owners splashing cash etc.

Its also been reported that Chelsea don't value him over €50m and are reluctant to match us, but then others saying they will match us and again others saying they'll match and clear wages too. You then have some stories saying Chelsea are just interested and were offered de Jong by Barca but not made any offer.

It's just so confusing, I truly feel all the Chelsea stuff is coming from Barcas side, hence the throwaway sentences. If it was from Chelsea themselves they'd do full articles like they have with Cucurella and Fofana. That's my feeling anyway

Rolaholic

So let me get this straight, Chelsea having spent 60m pounds on Cucurella, are willing to spend at least 70m pounds on Fofana and then an additional 85m on De Jong after having spent 170m already without much sales and still needing a striker??

How do you compete? :houllier: :houllier:

crossy1686

career ending
The thing that gets me is that de Jong's camp has been silent throughout the whole thing and the media stories have been consistent - he wants to stay. I think a lot of speculation he'd rather go to Chelsea because of the CL, being in London, new owners splashing cash etc.

Its also been reported that Chelsea don't value him over €50m and are reluctant to match us, but then others saying they will match us and again others saying they'll match and clear wages too. You then have some stories saying Chelsea are just interested and were offered de Jong by Barca but not made any offer.

It's just so confusing, I truly feel all the Chelsea stuff is coming from Barcas side, hence the throwaway sentences. If it was from Chelsea themselves they'd do full articles like they have with Cucurella and Fofana. That's my feeling anyway
To quote Mitten again, he said it's within the players best interests to not say anything while all this is ongoing as he's still contracted to Barcelona, same as Ronaldo hasn't officially said anything either. He also said there's a lot of media and aggregators printing various nonsense about the same thing for clicks, there's only been a few updates from the people with actual ITK

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You’re being dramatic mate. It’s being parroted about he prefers Chelsea but no one actually knows that’s the case. It seems to be assumptions based on CL football and location.

There were comments made the other day by sky sports football experts that he preferred United. There’s also been tweets during this saga that he didn’t want to move to Chelsea.

Essentially everything and anything has been said and it seems no one really has a clue what’s going on.
Hopefully, I get the feeling that United sources have started sounding more pessimistic. Wait and see I guess. But i feel like it will be bad news. Mittens updates are the ones I pay attention to the most, and he feels like Frenkie just doesn't want United

TheReligion

Abusive
The thought of Boehly flying all over the world when he gets word a transfer deal is on going is quite amusing. Perhaps there’s a red phone or bat signal that Romano throws up to alert him?

“Yee Haa! We got another one Thomas! Fire up the engines, pack me an overnight bag and book me a table for two! We’re hijacking this motherfecker!”

I Am Zlatan

So let me get this straight, Chelsea having spent 60m pounds on Cucurella, are willing to spend at least 70m pounds on Fofana and then an additional 85m on De Jong after having spent 170m already without much sales and still needing a striker??

How do you compete? :houllier: :houllier:
Why couldn’t Boehly be like the Glazers?!

TheReligion

Abusive
Hopefully, I get the feeling that United sources have started sounding more pessimistic. Wait and see I guess. But i feel like it will be bad news. Mittens updates are the ones I pay attention to the most, and he feels like Frenkie just doesn't want United
I know it’s quite frustrating but there’s nothing we can do but wait. Hard to have faith in the club to get things right in the end but I’m confident whatever happens we will have a few more incomings before the window closes.

El-Manos

For people saying Barca are putting Chelsea’s name out there… this does not make sense. We have already agreed a fee with them supposedly; so why would they need to put pressure on United to start fake rumours ?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he is going to Chelsea, do you think we would still be waiting ? We would have moved to other targets or a leak would have come by now that we aren't proceeding with any backups.
Yeah cause we’re stupid and we never learn.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For people saying Barca are putting Chelsea’s name out there… this does not make sense. We have already agreed a fee with them supposedly; so why would they need to put pressure on United to start fake rumours ?
More money could be a goal. As far as we know it's not a formal agreement.

cyberman

Mitten said yesterday that they don't have a DOF right now so their new owner is just flying around Europe hijacking bids for every player possible with no idea how it's going to work.
You already saw it last season with Lukaku gumming up the works. Werner has suffered in Tuchels formation and Mount takes up Havertz best spot (imo)
This is like that but on steroids. It could work but it seems like a mash of styles to me.
It’ll be interesting to see what works out, buying players and fitting them in or Ten Hags comments about only buying the right players and not buying to buy

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
If it is something like this then it will be agents putting it out there, possibly with Barca, to get more money for the player and additional fees from United.

Totally plausible. It doesn’t benefit anyone, other than United, to have an unchallenged run at the signing. De Jong could extract more money as could his agent if there’s a ‘competition’.

worldinmotion66

So that we put pressure on de Jong to agree to a lower settlement figure with them, and offer him a juicy signing on fee?

izec

We still have almost a month to get in a couple of players. Move on and spend the 100m money elsewhere. Waiting another 2 weeks until he holds a Chelsea shirt to move on is not the right way of doing this, we will be panic buying absolute mugs on deadline day.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
To quote Mitten again, he said it's within the players best interests to not say anything while all this is ongoing as he's still contracted to Barcelona, same as Ronaldo hasn't officially said anything either. He also said there's a lot of media and aggregators printing various nonsense about the same thing for clicks, there's only been a few updates from the people with actual ITK
Exactly, it seems that there is lots of rubbish going around and no one truly knows whats happening.
If de Jong truly wanted to go to Chelsea, then I really don't think ten Hag would wait around. He'd just pull the plug and say thats it, no point in trying to change de Jongs mind if he wants Chelsea and thats it. I think a lot of the stuff going around is hearsay and speculation.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I know it’s quite frustrating but there’s nothing we can do but wait. Hard to have faith in the club to get things right in the end but I’m confident whatever happens we will have a few more incomings before the window closes.
I mean, we're fecked if not! Though unlike most I'm not dead set on a midfielder.. Frenkie is a dream signing and it is a position of need, but we need to sell if he comes. Probably Donny and loan Garner.

I'm just desperate for a right winger and to sort out the Ronaldo situation finally, either he stays or goes and we bring another striker in. Can't keep running. Those 2 things are more important than a midfielder for me.

Castia

Insulting another member
I agree. You should hand in your notice first thing on Monday morning. Thanks for being so kind as to take a bullet for the rest of us on this one.

Because let’s face it, you losing your job will impact this coming season on the pitch as much as Murtough or Arnold going. And you can’t seriously be calling for the managers head because of a potentially fail transfer??!
Not talking about the manager he’s not negotiating for players you daft cnut

I’m talking about the fecking chuckle brothers Murtough and Arnold.

To start the season with the squad in this state should be a sackable offence. You arguing it isn’t?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Maybe Chelsea are willing to cover his €17m in deferred wages. We may not have agreed to that.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So this is clearly why we played the long game. Barca will be absolutely desperate to sell now. I’m hoping that’s where these glut of reports of ‘Frenkie wants to go to X club (except united)’ are coming from. To try and get us to pay more. I know that doesn’t make sense as the reports aren’t from Spain, but feck off. I’m right and I’m right back in.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Which they mustn’t have had? But United have bid yet everyone suggests he won’t come..
Nah, they would bid otherwise. As for us, he probably said he is open to coming if and once his wages will be sorted.

Now, that was a long time ago as we all know and things can change. In any case, with Barcelona having issues with players registration this should be solved in the next 8 days. One way or the other.

Judas

Open to offers
At this point we don't have much positive stuff to go on beyond the club still seemingly briefing that they're confident, or that they believe De Jong wants to come.

Big week next week, I think. He will be ours.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
At this point we don't have much positive stuff to go on beyond the club still seemingly briefing that they're confident, or that they believe De Jong wants to come.

Big week next week, I think. He will be ours.
We’ve been saying next week is big for the past couple of months now.

dutchred

Exactly, it seems that there is lots of rubbish going around and no one truly knows whats happening.
If de Jong truly wanted to go to Chelsea, then I really don't think ten Hag would wait around. He'd just pull the plug and say thats it, no point in trying to change de Jongs mind if he wants Chelsea and thats it. I think a lot of the stuff going around is hearsay and speculation.
I agree with this sentiment. ETH knows Frenkie and I think Frenkie is honest enough to tell him 'I don't want to come to United'. If this was the case ETH would have gone elsewhere or decided to use what he ahs now and train on of the youngsters.
I think Barca is trying to get as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.