Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
From the outside looking in, ETH seems like a straight dude and I can’t believe that he would be that invested without reassurances. If he has, and Frenkie turned his back on him this late in the day, then not the type of player we want anyway……
It just seems stupid to me how he wouldn't have assurances from de Jong that he wanted to come, and as soon as the Chelsea interest broke, you'd think that ten Hag would have asked if his mind had changed.
The whole thing is a mess at the moment

Blood Mage

Chelsea’s spending is ridiculous. How are clubs meant to compete with this mindless money throwing?
Could be good for us if the Glazers realise they can't afford to keep us competitive anymore and decide to sell up while we still have some value. I'll happily accept us slipping further down the table if it means they feck off.

Red Rash

Because we have a ton of players in his position, need to spend dosh in other areas of the side and don't have unlimited funds anymore.

We're not going into the season with Kante, Kova, Jorgi, Gallagher, RLC, Barkley, Mount, Gilmour AND this dude.

It would be like us signing another left back, to compete with Chilly and Cookie.
Sounds like a new Ben and Jerry's flavour

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
ETH having numerous demands and wanting a lot of power and influence before signing for us would somewhat contradict that
Where did you read that? English sources or Dutch?

I ask again, when did Ten Hag develop a relationship with Mark Ogden etc? Cos they were the ones writing that kind of stuff and it was contradicted by other stuff they wrote at the time about the new structure. We know who briefs them.

It may be true but I don't recall it being reflected in what Telegraaf was writing. When you are seeing versions of the truth it makes sense to question why someone may want to put certain things out there.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I agree, but it does sound like your new owner is playing real life FM and wants to make statement signings, beating united to their main target is a big statement.
I've seen that a lot recently ("real life FM").

Can you just buy anyone in FM these days? Games gone.

I haven't played FM since it was CM but back then you'd just take over another club, sell your shit for loads and buy the good players for little.

Xaviboy

A shite start to the new season tomorrow for us and I think utd will go out next week and pay extra to cover the deferred wages to get this deal done.

Will want him in place for Brentford and ready for Liverpool.

We can't afford a bad start to season and if our midfield has a nose bleed in next couple games then fans and pundits will bash ETH and club for not sorting it out and pressure on ETH straight away.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Him staying at Barca is a bit embarrassing given the 14 week chase of him.

But him going to Chelsea is utter humiliation on the world stage. Someone needs to be held accountable for this. They won't be.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
How has he not been backed? We’ve spent all summer chasing his targets and forgetting about the previously planned ones. I support the new manager, but to act like he wouldn’t take some of the blame here is bonkers.
Backed? Sure. Backed properly? No.

I've said ETH should shoulder some of the blame in my previous posts? :confused:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gerard Romero said Frenkie to Utd was 90% done about 2 months ago. Surely he's not that reliable?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Oh, shut up Romero.
Lets see how hot it gets if United stand their ground and don't crumble and pay.
I still truly think this is mostly Barca trying to get us to pay his wages. I'm probably wrong, but nothing wrong with believing haha

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

I haven't played FM since it was CM but back then you'd just take over another club, sell your shit for loads and buy the good players for little.
Guess it's just a turn of phrase. :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The longer this has gone on Romero has been less reliable IMO. He’s seemingly just loving the attention.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Ziyech signing for the Dodgers tomorrow it is

Brophs

The One and Only
At least we didn’t give our Plans B & C the impression that we think they’re utter dogshit.

Judas

Open to offers
Backed? Sure. Backed properly? No.

I've said ETH should shoulder some of the blame in my previous posts? :confused:
What more are we suppose to do? How has he not been backed properly? Do you now think we should have just paid the wages owed to him by Barca? Because 99 percent of this place was rightfully or wrongly dead against that before.

The club is looking like a mess as usual, but I personally think we’ve done plenty to back him this summer.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Ornstein didnt say FDJ was joining Chelsea over United. He clarified that Chelsea is hopeful of agreeing a deal with Barcelona which is same as United.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Because we have a ton of players in his position, need to spend dosh in other areas of the side and don't have unlimited funds anymore.

We're not going into the season with Kante, Kova, Jorgi, Gallagher, RLC, Barkley, Mount, Gilmour AND this dude.

It would be like us signing another left back, to compete with Chilly and Cookie.
RLC isn’t going to be played in that two man setup. Barkley and Gilmour are not going to be here. Mount and Gallagher don’t play in those spots ideally, and if De Jong did sign I would expect Jorgi to move on.

It doesn’t seem an odd association to me at all. We will be in all competitions in a season with 5 subs, which will now be a tactical aspect.

Say you start a match with De Jong in Midfield , cucu at lcb, and Chilwell at lwb. We are tied or behind going into the 60 th minute. You could shift de Jong back, drop Chilwell, shift Cucu outside and add a Gallagher next to Mount to shift to a more positive footing quickly.

its Pretty intriguing.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
What more are we suppose to do? How has he not been backed properly? Do you now think we should have just paid the wages owed to him by Barca? Because 99 percent of this place was rightfully or wrongly dead against that before.

The club is looking like a mess as usual, but I personally think we’ve done plenty to back him this summer.
We paid some 60m for an Eredivise defender over our own targets ffs. Of course we backed him!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Really? You cannot see this? Have a little think about what the selling Club is trying to do in it's current economic situation. Now compare this against that of the player under contract who wants to stay there. And get paid the money he is owed.
Not sure why you are talking in riddles and can’t just explain your thoughts. Clearly I’m not the only person who thinks you are chatting shite.

Compton22

FFS, why didn't I think of creating a twitch channel to say that transfers are very hot and players will probably join other clubs while simultaneously say that its my FEELING players will be more outside than inside? I'd have so much more money right now

Blood Mage

Him staying at Barca is a bit embarrassing given the 14 week chase of him.

But him going to Chelsea is utter humiliation on the world stage. Someone needs to be held accountable for this. They won't be.
There hasn't been any accountability at this club for over a decade. Woodward should have been sacked years ago yet was allowed to resign gracefully and will probably return to the club as a consultant at some point. We're in a sorry state and the only thing that will fix it is if the Glazers feck off.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
A shite start to the new season tomorrow for us and I think utd will go out next week and pay extra to cover the deferred wages to get this deal done.

Will want him in place for Brentford and ready for Liverpool.

We can't afford a bad start to season and if our midfield has a nose bleed in next couple games then fans and pundits will bash ETH and club for not sorting it out and pressure on ETH straight away.
Or how about we win our first game instead?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Yeah? What about Basher Bloggs and Nifty Smalls?

AlexUTD

Gerard Romero said Frenkie to Utd was 90% done about 2 months ago. Surely he's not that reliable?
He is Barcas mouthpiece.

Probably got briefed about Chel$ki to try to push United into paying Frenkie Barcas deferred wages.

Cause why would he suddenly want to go to them when he has an understanding with Ten Hag, yes they are in UCL but got no chance to win without a decent striker and they are losing alot of defenders.

Compton22

So you'd be happy if our window ended now then?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How has he not been backed? We’ve spent all summer chasing his targets and forgetting about the previously planned ones. I support the new manager, but to act like he wouldn’t take some of the blame here is bonkers.
Exactly. ten Hag himself has said it’s basically Frenkie or nobody. It’s been reported that he doesn’t want us to simply sign someone for the sake of it, and that the player actually has to fit the system.

If he wants to go into the season with McFred and Donny - his funeral - but it will be his choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.